Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 02:45 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Supposedly NC is not one of those kind of places but it seems since I moved here about 8 years ago it's been pretty cloudy and rainy--course I moved from S. CA so most places seem dreary I guess. I use to love the rain but since I lost my DH it seems to depress me now. Weird.....

Old 02-20-2016, 02:59 PM

218 posts, read 207,577 times
I did a tour in the Navy Air at NAS Sandpoint Seattle, and after discharge went to the University of Washington... yes I am familiar with that weather, albeit I haven't lived there since the mid 60s. A professor I had in Electrical Engineer used to like to say (not all the time, but enough I still remember) when coming into class when the sun was shinning, and saying: I see the rain light is on. Not raining but be sure there is more coming. My wife, who I met and married in Seattle, had problems with the weather. So when I got a good job offer including graduate school in New Jersey she couldn't have been happier. Sadly, NJ isn't a perfect place either and living along the shore about 40 miles south of NYC my wife lamented her loss of a "city". In her mind a city the size of Seattle, Denver for example was usable, NYC was overwhelming. However, she did come to like NYC over the years and was a real trooper using the subways, much better than I was/am.

A good night's sleep would be a blessing for many of us, myself included. I"m going to stay up later tonight to see if that helps. I have been so tired since bereavement hit that I feel like going to bed at 7 PM, before I was always up to midnight.

I started taking a low does of Trazadone last night, and will again tonight. I think the "cold turkey" stopping of that drug has caused some problems. Time will tell.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:26 AM

Yes Jerry....most drugs can't be stopped cold turkey without some kind of withdrawals. Trazadone is one of those. I take them too but they only work for about 5 hours. I think my body has built up a tolerance. I do not like taking any medications and to have to take something to help me sleep really bothers me but if I don't my mind races all night. Hopefully that will subside one day.
Our church is now only having one service and that is at 10:15am so I am not as rushed in the morning here now. If I want to still go to Sunday school that is at 9am but I'm not sure about that yet. People change their Sunday school classes and we've had some of my favorites start new ones..we'll see.
Yesterday at work one of the kitties I was putting away in the kennel got his tail caught in the door and it split it open. I felt horrible. It bled quite a lot so I called the humane society and they came and got it to take care of it. I cried. They said it wasn't bad and would keep it until it healed back up. I will never have that happen again. The poor kitty didn't even cry it just jumped and a small bit of hair came off. I have to slow down when taking care of them for sure!

Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 AM

218 posts, read 207,577 times
cyn,

Please don't punish yourself for an accident, especially one that happen in an act of caring and love.

My little dog sometimes "says ouch" - a small outcry, not loud, when I am handling him. It bothers me, but not much. I think he's a big baby.

I will have lunch today with members of a bereavement group. One lady invited us to her home for lunch. About half of us responded that we'd attend. The host is a younger woman, so has more energy than us older folks. Too, she is being generous to invite us into her home. My impression is it is a larger very nice home, but that doesn't matter to me. I roughly know the neighborhood from 25 years ago, suppose much has changed.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:01 AM

Thanks for your support Jerry. Still...I feel so badly for that kitty. It will heal and so will I.
You enjoy your lunch today. Sounds nice.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:52 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Compared ta what happens to cats and dogs in the Asian countries you guys are a far cry better, thanks for caring for God's creatures. I did our taxes yesterday - took 13 hours. I went ta bed at 6:00 this morning and am heading back to bed. Studied the tax laws as I went to try and grasp them as they applied to our situation and it paid off - we're getting a good chunk of money back! We were fearing that we would owe hundreds - we've moved three times in the last year - but two of them involved Dodge City itself.

Wow! If you do your own taxes make yourself slow down and read everything. Taxact Online is a wonderful computer program to use.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:58 PM

Good for you getting your taxes done and by yourself. I went to H&R Block and the woman there said I didn't even make enough for her to bother doing them. So now I am having the senior center do it for free because it may not be much but I did pay it and it is mine!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:30 PM

Jerry, talking about sleep or lack of---I often think I just am not really tired. I go to bed at 8pm because I don't watch tv much and I am just sitting alone so I go to bed. I use to stay up until 11:30pm with my DH watching different tv shows and then we'd sleep until 7am no problem. We were very busy every day so we were tired when we did finally go to sleep. When I work I seem to sleep better that night--not always because I still go to bed so early. I suppose this is another one of those things I have to work out so maybe someday I can get some kind of a normal schedule for myself but for now sitting up alone evenings just doesn't work so going to bed early is my escape--my solution to being alone.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:07 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Good for you getting your taxes done and by yourself. I went to H&R Block and the woman there said I didn't even make enough for her to bother doing them. So now I am having the senior center do it for free because it may not be much but I did pay it and it is mine!

If your taxes are pretty simple or easy Taxact is free and I believe TurboTax is, too. It's really not that hard it's just real nitty, gritty paper...work. Glad you got them done!

Old 02-21-2016, 06:18 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Just saying hello to everyone

CYN,elston,etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.