Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 06:24 AM

48,143 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Good Morning. I hope you feel better before you have to go to work.

Have a good day.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:28 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
No church for me today...
I thought I was having allergy problems but now I am sure it is a cold--a bad cold and I feel horrible. I went to bed at 5pm and stayed there until this morning. I have to go to work tonight so I will do my best to rest all day! It looks like I'll be working with that girl tonight to top it all off. Oh well, I need the time so I'll just do my work. Hope everyone has a lovely day!
My evil twin wants you to cough on her...

Old 03-13-2016, 06:50 AM

218 posts, read 207,669 times
I think if you have many open symptoms, sneezing coughing and that your manager would not want you at work, at least no with customers. As for pain and internal symptoms you have to judge if work will make you worse. Your manager has to deal with employee being out sick, it must happen to others.

I see some advertisements for a new medication that I understand it helps manage symptoms at least. I have not used it, but have seen it advertised a number of times in the past.

EDIT: Theraflu is the one, see high rating on Amazon

Last edited by Jerry_NJ; 03-13-2016 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Theraflu note

Old 03-13-2016, 07:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Gentlearts--you made me laugh!
I hope I feel better also elston--thank you!
Jerry, I agree--you'd think they would not want a sick person at work but not so....that's why it spreads around the workers. It's really hard to tell if this is allergies or a cold.....Never had allergies before but here in NC they are common. The symptoms are so similar it's hard to tell so I guess the customers just figure it is allergies and it may be but it feels like a cold to me. I'll check out that Theraflu---Thanks.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:13 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
Theraflu is the one, see high rating on Amazon

Theraflu is the best when I've got the flu or even a really bad cold. It helps get rid (or mask really good) the symptoms and helps me get to sleep, so I start feeling better. I absolutely vouch for the stuff!

Old 03-13-2016, 11:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston
Dude......giving out numbers and contact info makes many people uncomfortable. I wouldnt make so much of it. If you have an address.....pen pals are good too. If someone were demanding my number as if they had a right to it.....I would be reluctant too. People are different.....some have unlisted numbers; some people on line like to meet-up...others (me) feel uncomfortable about meeting people who are strangers....except on line.

Don't be sad.....as the Beatles sang...."Let It Be"
Thank you for your kind words...... I guess this is one 1 little thing bothering me amounst MANY THINGS.... I have sent him an email and said I was sorry for blowing up,etc....... He could probably tell something was bothering me..... (or IS rather)

I hope you feel better CYN

Old 03-13-2016, 06:30 PM

I was late to work--I am never late--early but not late. I thought we set the clocks back tonight--duuu--oh well I really think I will feel way more comfortable on this time. It just suits me better! Early to bed and early to rise....
Dude, I hope he understands and gets back to you!
Still haven't got that Theraflu but will get it tomorrow! I'm ready for bed now...maybe one more good nights sleep will help to get rid of this yuk! Oh, the girl I have problems with didn't show up tonight so yippie!

Old 03-13-2016, 06:31 PM

48,143 posts, read 22,010,341 times
After losing an hour of sleep it is time to catch up. Good Night all.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Good night Elston......... Thank you for the kind words both of you

Old 03-14-2016, 06:27 AM

Kind words come easily to a kind person Dude!
I didn't sleep well at all--I suppose I slept to much the night before when I was feeling so poorly. Also the time change always takes a little time to adjust although I still think this is the better time for me and suits my lifestyle better.
I woke up to 2 very big dogs barking at my outside cats...my poor cats aren't smart enough to run (or maybe it's smarter they don't) anyhow this is their home and they feel safe here so it irritates me when someones dogs come into my yard and bothers or hurts my cats. I chased them off and they really didn't seem very aggressive but you never know. I waited a bit to feed my outside animals to avoid those dogs returning to check out the food. So far I haven't seen them back......Still feeling under the weather but better...I just hope this is a cold and not allergies because I don't want to feel like this all spring. I have a few things to get done so I'd best get on it. Have a blessed day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning