Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 08:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times

Advertisements

Good Sunday morning everyone - I hope all of you have a good day today.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Thanks for caring elston--I plan on doing some yogurt just not sure what kind is good.
Good morning to you elkotronics! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Just got home from Sunday school and church. Now I have to relax for a bit and then to work.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:47 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Default Yogurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thanks for caring elston--I plan on doing some yogurt just not sure what kind is good.
Good morning to you elkotronics! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Just got home from Sunday school and church. Now I have to relax for a bit and then to work.

Cyn I dont think it matters......store brand as good as name brands. I dont care for the richness of Greek yogurt....but it is nutritionally better....more protein....because it is strained and concentrated. I dont eat the fruit ones....too sweet for me.....but they are fine...its the yogurt that "straightens" your system out....otherwise antibiotic treatment can cause constipation.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:06 PM

Good Night cyn and friends. Hope you had a nice weekend and get a good nights rest tonight. At meeting this morning I saw a friend who was not in attendance last Sunday.....I was glad to see him. He is a large man who uses a wheel chair for mobility and has an aide to help him (diabetes); he told me that he had fallen out of bed...a high bed.....with his c-pap and all. He was too sore last week to make it to meeting.

Take care of yourselves.

Good Night and see you in the AM.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:12 AM

Monday morning already! I decided to sleep in the guest room as I knew my neighbor would be leaving at 2-3am for his job and I decided to just keep trying it out until I get use to it but better on days when I don't have to work the next day just in case. It's always difficult for me to sleep in a new spot but it wasn't that bad. I was restless but did sleep.
Elston when I read your post it reminds me of everyone having their struggles like that man with diabetes..I'm glad he is okay.
We were busy last night and it was only me and the boss man....and we have all kinds of sales and discounts going on--things I had not done on the register so it was a lot of work and a bit stressful but I made it! Today I take the trash to the dump and hope to get my car cleaned--it needs it! I just want to keep busy today.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 08-29-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Monday morning already! I decided to sleep in the guest room as I knew my neighbor would be leaving at 2-3am for his job and I decided to just keep trying it out until I get use to it but better on days when I don't have to work the next day just in case. It's always difficult for me to sleep in a new spot but it wasn't that bad. I was restless but did sleep.
Elston when I read your post it reminds me of everyone having their struggles like that man with diabetes..I'm glad he is okay.
We were busy last night and it was only me and the boss man....and we have all kinds of sales and discounts going on--things I had not done on the register so it was a lot of work and a bit stressful but I made it! Today I take the trash to the dump and hope to get my car cleaned--it needs it! I just want to keep busy today.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Thnks cyn. Yes it was good to see my friend at Friends Meeting was doing alright. He has had a hard time...has had an amputation already. He and I connected right away because we both worked in the civil rights movement back in the 1960's in rural Alabama...in neighboring counties.

Sometimes he gives witness during the meeting sharing his personal testimony....and the comfort he derives from scripture.

Trash to the dump makes me hear the Lone Ranger theme music....."to the dump- to the dump- to the dump dump dump."..........

Last edited by elston; 08-29-2016 at 06:47 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 08:50 AM

Three days off from the new job in KC, starting today! I have some calls ta make, shopping ta do with the Mrs. and I bought a new garden hose that is long enough to reach the outside water spigot down to where I park the car. The car badly needs a good, thorough wash on the outside and a wipe down on it's interior. We picked up a crack in our car's windshield - it was probably at the 2nd to last night at work - apparently there was an awful Midwest storm over that night - looks like a large piece of hail hit our car in the windshield. Have a good quote from Safelite to replace the windshield but the Mrs. says we should wait - ya never know that a new storm might pock it again with the new one and cause the same damage. I am weird about my car - I like to care very well for everything it needs, all the time. So this will be tough for me to wait on the replacement. I will enjoy this time off, review my work notes, there is a decent amount of stress involved now because I'm new and learning their system of business. So I am praying for a clear mind free of stress in order to maximize my learning capability!

Have great Mondays everyone!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:43 AM

You'll do fine elkotronics! Sorry to hear about your car...I know how you feel about keeping it up but it isn't easy anymore for me since I know so little about cars. My husband always kept our autos in tip-top shape. I'll just be happy to get it washed today! Ha!

Old 08-29-2016, 10:37 AM

You'll do fine elkotronics! Sorry to hear about your car...I know how you feel about keeping it up but it isn't easy anymore for me since I know so little about cars. My husband always kept our autos in tip-top shape. I'll just be happy to get it washed today! Ha!

Yeah, cyn, if I just get the car washed today it will be all right. Also, the lawn is starting ta get long - but mostly in the back. I have held off starting mowing here because the two men who installed the AT&T U-Verse internet and DirecTV (ran completely by AT&T these days) left wires going across our back yard and our front yard, too. They'd get mowed over and chewed up by my mower. That (or those if one call won't get it done) is the call I need ta make today - they just left the installation like it is - it isn't done. I better call them - they told my wife they'd be back ta finish and they haven't come back yet! We've just figured that they're busy but come on...it's been about two weeks since they've done the install - finish the job, guys! Whatever they need ta do ta finish - the DirecTV dish needs ta be put on a pole in the yard ta the east side of the house and the exposed wires need ta be buried. Nasty job because of the necessity ta dig, but, finish the job, guys.

Y'all have a good day, today!

Old 08-29-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
To my dearest angels, friends and other caregivers from my former thread in the caregivers thread. It is time for me to move on from that thread as I am no longer a caregiver...sigh... Now I am trying to pick up the pieces and facing those emotions of grief. As I wake up each day I pray it will be easier but I suppose I am asking for to much to soon. Each day seems harder as I wander through my home with only my critters to talk to. Through the caregivers thread I have met the most caring loving people anyone could imagine. It has given me so much more faith in the human race. I honestly do not think I could have made it through this without their constant support and love. I would not be able to recognize them if I saw them on the street but I know their hearts! So now I will walk this new road and try to find myself. I so pray my friends will continue to walk with me. I also hope this thread will help others who may not wish to post but just read this thread and will get some strength and direction from this thread. Sometimes a person just needs to see they are not alone in their situation and it helps. We help each other!

Cyn I went back and read the opening post of this thread.....when you moved forward from the Caregiver role and began dealing with the issues of "Life Alone Now....Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss" You asked us to walk with you on this journey and your hope that this thread would help you experience that you are not alone....and the hope that the thread could help others who are experiencing loss....to know that they are not alone. (That was in 9/2014)

Thinking back over the two years I think you have made tremendous strides....finding a church....finding a job....claiming your space....ending your late husband's on-line business....establishing ties with your neighbors.....re-connecting with your sister.......slowly developing a social life....and continuing your care and devotion to your critters.

Sometimes it is good to pause and realize that you are making progress, facing your fears, over coming some of the paralysis of grief....and claiming Life Beyond Loss.

Last edited by elston; 08-29-2016 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.