Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 04:38 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
This made me remember my dog. I always took him for a walk to & around the park before & after work.

Well, one day it snowed so bad that there was no way we could get there. He still tried & it was only when he absolutely could not get through the snow that he allowed me to turn around & go back home. He was so funny. A little Pekingese.

Thanks for the memory. I loved that dog & miss him to this day. Not sad miss, just miss. He was a sweetie.

That is an excellent way to think about you sweet little dog...."not sad miss, just miss"

Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
My BuBu is like meo's little dog. He wants to go on his regular route regardless but I'm hoping the cold will help him to decide it's not as much fun and do his job closer to the house. It's only mornings that are bad really so I'll just deal with whatever happens. Suppose to have quite a bit of snow on Saturday so I may not be working that day. Living where I do, on a dirt road and even the paved road at the end of my road is not treated or plowed so there is no way I will attempt to drive to work. We all discussed this at work yesterday because the other girl I work with on Saturday lives 30 miles away and will not drive that far so our boss said since he lives within walking distance to the store he'd just cover for us. I'm sure there won't be many people shopping that day anyhow but I will miss the pay!
Work today and then I will stop at the store and stock up on a few things just in case...
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 AM

Good Morning All
Thinking of Elko and how anxious he must be awaiting the results of his examination. Sending my positive energy.
Living in the tropical part of FL....it is easy to forget how the snow and cold can effect every part of your daily routine and life. Hope it isnt too disruptive and difficult cyn. (We are supposed to have a low of 46 Saturday morning.....thats cold for us.

The knee in which I got the injection/treatment was tender and a bit swollen yesterday.....seems better today.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Snow never bothered me before but now being alone and in an all electric home it does scare me. Guess it's just something I must endure. As long as I can get warm and keep my fur-babies warm I am good.
Keeping prayers going for elko!
Time to take the dogs for their last walk before I leave for work. Hope I feel better today at work--maybe being busy will help!

Old 01-05-2017, 10:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Well, I took the 4-hour Exam yesterday and...failed it. I got 66% and needed 70% to pass.

Now I have to decide when I want to re-take it. I have until the end of February to pass this test, and it will cost another $450 to take it again! I studied so long and so comprehensively for this Exam, too. Evidently I'm not alone - 60% of test-takers fail it the first time they take it.

So I will eventually try it again. I'll find out if my workmate passed her test at work soon, I think she also works tonight. I hope she did.

Everyone have a great day today!

Old 01-05-2017, 01:31 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Well, I took the 4-hour Exam yesterday and...failed it. I got 66% and needed 70% to pass.

Now I have to decide when I want to re-take it. I have until the end of February to pass this test, and it will cost another $450 to take it again! I studied so long and so comprehensively for this Exam, too. Evidently I'm not alone - 60% of test-takers fail it the first time they take it.

So I will eventually try it again. I'll find out if my workmate passed her test at work soon, I think she also works tonight. I hope she did.

Everyone have a great day today!
Are you able to tell what your weak areas were? You have already invested so much. I think you must persevere. You'll pass it next time!

Old 01-05-2017, 02:42 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Rats, elk, I was so sure you'd pass. You came close though. If you could focus on the areas you feel you fell down on, that might be what you need.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:22 PM

It sounds like having to pass the bar exam for lawyers or those tests that Psychologists need to pass inorder to practice. I am sorry that you have to retake the exam.....and the expense. Do you have a better idea of what you need to study to pass next time?

I know you must be disappointed. Its a test and its important to you .............. but it is not a test of your character or worth....its just a test.

We are rooting for you.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:55 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
I have an idea where my weak areas are and I'll focus my studying on them. Thank you for all of your well-wishes!

Old 01-05-2017, 07:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Im so sorry Elko!!!!!

We all thought you would do well........... I am sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning