Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone.

(Jay when I read your first post....I thought I was in a community chat thread....the Village....and I couldnt understand why you would post something so personal and sad in a chat thread. Now I understand that I was confused about what thread I was in.

I hope that you do find the support and help you need. My condolences on your loss. I am not going to give advice....you know the most important first steps......and if you dont, (clue...medications and alcohol) there's not much anyone else can do to make things better.

I hope you are seeing things more clearly this morning........Good Luck to you.

Last edited by elston; 01-24-2017 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 08:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times
Yes, today is a new day so we need to make it the best! I actually feel good today. Course the skies are blue, the air is a little crisp but not really cold and a lovely breeze!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:27 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Im glad ya feel good honey

Big hugs and lots of love!!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:05 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,264,152 times
My last post here, I promise. I'm a mess, sometimes I don't know where to turn. I drink and smoke weed when I shouldn't. I just miss my Dad, he never knew about my health issues either, my brother said he couldn't handle it.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:37 AM

Not sure who wrote on my reputation that it is long over due for me to close this thread. That it is time for me to join others---not sure what that means. It did hurt my feelings because I have worked very hard to keep this an open thread for others going through similar things. I get messages all the time thanking me for having this thread because they don't post but have learned a lot through this thread. Am I wrong and should I end this thread?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 AM

Jay, take a deep breath......we can only do this one day at a time...drugs and alcohol only make the problem go away for a short time but then it's back. Please don't feel you cannot post here....the purpose of my thread was not only to help me but to help others in similar situations. We have the best and most caring posters right here on this thread. We are blessed! They are always willing to lend a hand or give a hug!!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:27 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,264,152 times
Thank you cynwldkat, I have a disease and will be gone soon, I just want to say thanks for this thread. It helps me.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
cyn - by no means should you close this thread. It helps all of us who are on it. I hope it's still helping you - by your post I would say that it does.

JayInCA - try to get off those substances, if you can. You don't have to go from here - the site is great - there are plenty of people interested in helping others on here. It works!

Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Thank you cynwldkat, I have a disease and will be gone soon, I just want to say thanks for this thread. It helps me.
If it helps you............. keep reading Jay.....and when you are ready to get help with your substance abuse and are ready to do something about the dark hole that you find yourself in............you will find a lot of support here.

You might also try to find a mental health clinic and/or a 12 step program.............but you will find that even with professional help, the hardest work will be your own. Threads like this can and will provide support.....but can't do the heavy lifting.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Not sure who wrote on my reputation that it is long over due for me to close this thread. That it is time for me to join others---not sure what that means. It did hurt my feelings because I have worked very hard to keep this an open thread for others going through similar things. I get messages all the time thanking me for having this thread because they don't post but have learned a lot through this thread. Am I wrong and should I end this thread?
Cyn.....don't worry about what some anonymous poster said ... when they were supposed to be leaving positive reputation points. They clearly "don't get it" and don't have your best interest in mind. If they dont want to read.....they don't have to click on the thread.

Someday you will decide that your grief work (not your grief) is completed. When you are there, you dont have to keep the thread open as a public servicr. It would be wonderful if you felt able to close the thread....base on your not needing it.....or to come less frequently...... but until that time comes from your healing and developmnt of enough supports in your daily life...... dont let anyone give you the bums rush to shut down your primary source of support.

Someday, pray god, you will find your life rich enough not to need this....till then.....dont worry about it.

(Be prepared withdrawl will be tough).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.