Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Elko..............I am just hoping it all works out for you and your family.....job, community, dogs, church.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Elko, I agree with elston. He covered all bases with his post!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Elko..............I am just hoping it all works out for you and your family.....job, community, dogs, church.

Thanks, elston. It's not just the job, it's all of the whole package needing to "fit" well. You understand this, which is nice.

Elko, I agree with elston. He covered all bases with his post!

Sorry for the length but writing is my favorite pastime. I love it. I thank all of you for putting up with me!

Thanks, Dude! Your well-wishes are always nice to read. This thread is very positive and I think it helps all of us very much. Everyone have good Wednesday's!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:14 AM

I agree elko--positive input is always helpful especially for so many of the struggles so many face today! And for some reason this thread has drawn a group of such caring people! Very nice! We cover so much more then grief but for those of us going through grief getting to discuss life in general helps! It is that constant reminder that there is a real "life" still.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 AM

I agree elko--positive input is always helpful especially for so many of the struggles so many face today! And for some reason this thread has drawn a group of such caring people! Very nice! We cover so much more then grief but for those of us going through grief getting to discuss life in general helps! It is that constant reminder that there is a real "life" still.

Well, cyn, you seem to be a genuine person who cares nicely for herself, her animals and anyone else in her life. I can see why people are drawn to this thread. I could only say that you have helped me in my life by being patient and kind to me. This thread is full of many caring people and I am honored to be part of it.

Sending love and well-wishes to everyone on here!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:51 PM

Smile!!!!!

Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 AM

Working on a cement floor all week and not drinking enough water is really taking a toll on my body! My feet hurt and I woke up several times last night with leg cramps. So painful. I also had some strange nightmares. I am really tired this morning and have to go to work at 10am. Once I get going I'll be fine. It's just getting going that is difficult!
We were under a tornado watch yesterday and last night and let me say that it rained so hard and the wind was wicked. I even took all the cats at the store and put them in the back cages away from the windows. Really scary stuff! But we survived. I got home and there was no electricity so I just went to bed and it didn't come back on until late last night. I hope the storms go away for awhile now.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-25-2017 at 06:00 AM..

Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning cyn and friends...........be good to yourselves today and be kind to everyone you meet.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:51 AM

cyn - I just thought of another reason I love you. You're a hard working woman. No doubt! I respect someone who works their fanny off, struggles at times, sometimes gets by by the skin of their teeth, and loves others heartily. I appreciate you so much and just keep it up! The Lord has better things in store for those who believe in Him and do His will.

Mrs. elkotronics is getting it completely why I am excited about this western Kansas job opportunity. It would fit her husband pretty well! I love it that the Hospital's HR department e-mailed me right away - I got word of the job before it was even advertised! But she is on-board with me about going after it. I talked to the Boss yesterday and we're cruising over there Tuesday to see the site and the town and the Hospital staff and all.

The church - I will have to see how close they need me for call and emergencies. The Hospital is in a little town in western Kansas that's right on I-70. So there's life things to settle still, obviously. Things like what town to live in, church to attend, making sure we have a fenced yard for the animals, etc. I am just happy to have my wife on board now.

It would be like buying a new car and not talking to her first about it, right? Not exactly the same, but well, you all know pretty much what I mean. Good day to all of you - I love and care for you all!

Old 05-26-2017, 05:53 AM

Your post made me smile and thank you for the lovely comments! I really just want to help and make others feel good but it sure is nice when others do that for me and I am so blessed to have such a great group of friends!
I can feel my grief but not nearly as bad as it has been in the past. I'm still scared of so many things, feel insecure and not sure of what is ahead of me but at least I keep moving forward. It's the hardest thing I have ever done! I think the hardest things is being lonely but at least when I am at work I am around other people and my critters are a lot of help!
I know why my arm has been hurting so badly...woke up 2 days ago and my entire shoulder and top part of my arm is very black and blue with some swelling. When I had my physical I asked my doctor about it and he told me it looked like I pulled yet another muscle that was trying to do what my rotater cuff use to do before I tore it. He told me to be careful and let it heal! That is not easy to do with work and general upkeep here at home! Ugh!
Yes elston, a very kind and real thing to say on your post--be good to yourself and others you meet!
I work again tonight.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.