Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times

Advertisements

He finally did elko--not much but at least something. This morning was about the same but it just may be his body adjusting to new food. I hope so. I didn't give him his diarrhea medication yesterday since I was told to wean him of that and today I am not giving any more antibiotics either. Now it's just the prescription food and that may be something he will just need from now on--not sure! That is expensive but if it works I'll do it.
Getting out yesterday was good for me. Other then that all I have done is work and stay home. Of course I do my normal grocery store stops, post office and other typical stops. Next week I will be working 4 days so that will sure help financially! I am now realizing how much my neighbor's passing has hit me this week. I know this to shall pass but it is sad.
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Good Morning. I am glad that Bubu is feeling better. You too cyn, Glad that you got out. You do need more than work and staying at home.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:56 AM

Boy do I know that elston....where I live makes it hard to go much of anywhere close. I am considering Zumba again at the senior center--I did enjoy that but have to be careful of my torn rotater cuffs! There is the "Y" too and I need to find things I enjoy there! There is a cost for the Zumba but it isn't a lot if I remember correctly.
Thanks for thinking about BuBu --he's my baby! I pray we are getting this under control.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-17-2017 at 07:14 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 09:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
My wife and I do those Leslie Sansone workouts on DVD. They're good for walking in place, lifting dumbells, stretching and getting those muscles moving. I didn't think I wanted to join her but now I'm glad I'm participating in them. I really do feel better during and after them. I'm looking for a good work fit still and really do need to keep exercising. Doing yardwork is important and gets us exercise, too. That mid-MO job didn't work out and my wife and I are glad for it. I'm looking for a good work/life balance fit.

You're doing well, cyn. Keep it up!

Hi, elston! Hi Dude! Hi meo! Hello to all of y'all - have great Thursday's, OK?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 PM

good night all.

I made a wonderful pot roast supper tonight .... tomorrow my guy goes to Orlando for the last tournement of the season; of course I will miss him.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Hello everyone!!!!!

I love you all s0 much

Old 05-18-2017, 04:43 AM

Last night I was busy cleaning the fish---about 35-40 containers. I love how nice they look after they are clean! Then I did a lot of restocking and basic cleaning. I came home tired! Bubba did good and no mess but having that constant worry every time I go to work takes a toll. I just keep praying we will get this all under control very soon. One day I think he is much better and then he starts having problems again. He's his happy self and not ill or in pain so I don't even consider having him put down...just have to keep working on controlling this problem.
Work today and the girl I worked with last night asked me to cover for her tomorrow night so I get and extra day this week--yes! Next week I work 4 days covering for a guy that is getting married! Just pray that this keeps up!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 AM

I am nearing my 3 year mark from the loss of my DH and am only just now seeing and better understanding what others have said....it takes time and is different for each of us! I am feeling the urge to get out more. When my neighbor passed with ALS a few weeks ago it did set me back but I am once again feeling how badly I need to keep moving forward. It is still scary for me.....
I am sore from work yesterday--and I work tonight. The extra hours are a God send! I may be getting Friday nights in the future! That would be perfect!
I hope everyone is doing well, been pretty quiet here lately! My thoughts and prayers are always with each of you! May your day be blessed!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-19-2017 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-19-2017, 05:24 AM

Good Morning.

My guy is away this week end for another tennis tournement in Orlando......this time it is a league for "over 55"; so presumably the level of play will reflect the stamina and strength of the "younger guys". He comes home Sunday. That is the last tournement for the season. I miss him when he is away....but I surprise myself that I do OK. When he is here....I depend on him.

Cyn......it is such good news that you are beginning to want to get out more and participate in "life". You still have a lot of "stuff" to deal with such as the health of pets, home maintanence, finances etc........but at least you have a bit more emotional energy and desire and will. Grief has really sapped your resources over the past 3 years. Good for you....I am cheering from the sidelines.

Have a wonderful week end.

The following poem by the Sufi mystic Rumi; it a favorite of mine. Your post today brought it to mind. I want to share it with you.

THE GUEST HOUSE

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

– Jelaluddin Rumi,

Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 AM

That is lovely elston--Thank you for sharing! It is so true!!! I'll take all the cheers you send my friend! I have a lot of faith in you!
I hope your Guy does great and is having a wonderful time and I am happy to hear you are doing well yourself even though you miss him so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning