Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 08:21 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,557,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
............and tell Felix he is very welcome and that I send him good wishes. I think Felix has earned his rest and is leaning into it. Does he get out to church? I know that is important to him.
He loves his church. Big time. We never miss. He did not want to get up this morning. I think we have missed church 5 times in the past 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Just follow your trainer's advice and take it easy on your arm as it heals, cyn. Everyone have good Friday nights. I'm working tonight and Saturday, then I get Sun. - Wed. nights off, so I can study for my Registry credential exam coming up in a month or month and a half. Good old fashioned cramming will suit me for weeks on end!
Ace those exams, elko! You can do it. Just put the remote down!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
I did the shower thing--even though it was still pretty cold in the bathroom, got to church and I sure am happy I did! They did the whole Veterans day march with flags and the men/women in the church standing for their part in the armed services. During this part my neighbor with ALS was in tears so I went and sat with him and held him and whispered in his ear that he is a big part of our freedom here in the USA and we love him and thanked him. The last to walk down was my neighbor's wife carrying the US Marine Flag as my neighbor with ALS followed her in his wheelchair. I was in tears! I am so happy I did not miss it. I'm thinking God had something to do with that! It was a wonderful day at church!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I did the shower thing--even though it was still pretty cold in the bathroom, got to church and I sure am happy I did! They did the whole Veterans day march with flags and the men/women in the church standing for their part in the armed services. During this part my neighbor with ALS was in tears so I went and sat with him and held him and whispered in his ear that he is a big part of our freedom here in the USA and we love him and thanked him. The last to walk down was my neighbor's wife carrying the US Marine Flag as my neighbor with ALS followed her in his wheelchair. I was in tears! I am so happy I did not miss it. I'm thinking God had something to do with that! It was a wonderful day at church!
Wow. That was beautiful! Don't get me crying!

Old 11-13-2016, 03:52 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,515,554 times

Exactly, redbird. I've bought the Kettering National Seminars work kit for my medical field. They've helped my pass a medical board before, so I'm going with them again. They actually sit for the exam and learn what is on the test. Their workbooks are all about passing the exam, they don't teach you to do the job itself. So yes, I've got my work cut out for me. I have to study - study - study, and learn what is vital knowledge for the exam and what is "distraction" material. These agencies that give the tests are really "clever" in how they write those exam questions!

Old 11-13-2016, 11:49 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
I went to bed around 9:40 and woke up around 1:30 and couldnt go back to sleep; I got up and went outside to see the moon and then turned on computer to catch up. Now I am getting sleepy..........so am going back to bed. My little dog will have to move over and make room.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:17 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,874,056 times
Yes the m00n is quite big and full tonight! (I thought last night it was full)

Old 11-14-2016, 04:50 AM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Now I am up "for real" ; we have a beautiful sunrise this morning and the air is fresh and cool and sweet. There's something to be thankful for.....right off the bat.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:22 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:22 AM

Wakey, wakey! Elston, I do that frequently, so frequently my sleep patterns mirror Felix's, and he sleeps off and on all day and night. I think he was up from 1 AM to 2:30 AM last night. Which is normal for him.

I wonder if all elderly people are up and down like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Exactly, redbird. I've bought the Kettering National Seminars work kit for my medical field. They've helped my pass a medical board before, so I'm going with them again. They actually sit for the exam and learn what is on the test. Their workbooks are all about passing the exam, they don't teach you to do the job itself. So yes, I've got my work cut out for me. I have to study - study - study, and learn what is vital knowledge for the exam and what is "distraction" material. These agencies that give the tests are really "clever" in how they write those exam questions!
I recently went back to school too. I took the GRE and man, my brain had forgotten EVERYTHING from high school. I bought a GRE study book and had to study very hard. Problem was I only had a few weeks to study.

I found I had to do many short study periods. If an old hippy like myself can do it, a bright youngster like yourself will prevail!

Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,515,554 times
I found I had to do many short study periods. If an old hippy like myself can do it, a bright youngster like yourself will prevail!

Hey, redbird, you may be an "old hippie" - but this padre is an older hippy from the 70's, too. I grew up in Seattle, and, I was a teen in the 70's. Seattle was a great place to be if you like music live. I saw Foghat 5 times, Aerosmith half a dozen times, J.Geils Band half a dozen times, etc. Oh those party-hardy 70's! So I am grateful to just be alive late in the year 2016!

Everyone have great days, today. I am going to bury my head in medical exam preparation material!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.