Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 09:43 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,399,529 times

Advertisements

Seems odd to many that if we were to see each other on the street we would never know it and yet here on CD we sometimes grow such a strong bond and trust. Very special!
Did I miss your Birthday elston? So sorry if I did but Happy belated Birthday anyhow!

Old 11-03-2016, 11:25 AM

34,357 posts, read 20,631,558 times

I have to have ice cold milk with my cake!

Old 11-03-2016, 12:42 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,981,555 times
I hope ya had a good birthday Elston

Hello CYN and redbird... Love you guys so much!!

Old 11-03-2016, 04:08 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,583,168 times
Popping in on a Thursday afternoon before I go in to work tonight. Hope everyone had a good Wednesday night and Thursday. Can't believe how warm it's been. It's sunny and 70 degrees right now at 5:00 PM Central Time! On November 3! Wow. Hope y'all liked the World Series results. The Cubbies are the 2016 World Champions in baseball. They did have the best overall record this year - it's probably fitting that they won the World Series.

I have a lot of studying to do this next several days as I prepare for the Registry Exam in my medical field. So much information to cram! I'll need to eat right, exercise and get plenty of sleep. That should go for all the time, actually. Dude - I'll need ta watch the coffee and water additives, too. Just use plain sugar if nothing else to sweeten. That's what I usually do, but occasionally I'll put some stevia or aspartame or sucralose product in my water or coffee. Oh well, it's a continuing effort to really hone in and try and maximize for value what we put in to our bodies.

Everyone have good Thursday nights!

Old 11-03-2016, 04:28 PM

50,578 posts, read 64,596,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I come here to this thread as soon as I feed my critters and it seems to be a positive way to start my day. It's very hard for me to find people who really care but here it seems everyone does! How nice! I feel so lucky to have this place to visit and start my day! Thank you all!
Have a blessed day!
Rituals are so comforting. Not only for you, but for the animals too. My little Freddie and I have our morning routine, since hubby is gone in the morning. If I deviate, he gets upset, and my morning starts out stressful.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:24 PM

48,417 posts, read 22,109,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Happy Belated Birthday, elston! You will have to share the cyber cake!

You are right, Cyn, having friends who care about you makes a big difference. We have a few CD friends that really help me cope with being a caregiver. Neither Felix nor I have any kids, so we are alone save the kind words of our friends. It really does help.

Redbird...............big hug for you big feller and for Felix too.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,981,555 times
Elko: Good luck on your test!!!!!!!! (Study good buddy)

Gentlearts and Elston: Big hugs buddys!

And of course you also CYN....

Old 11-04-2016, 06:21 AM

Boy I am glad last night is over!! The new guy my boss hired and made a key holder is very odd. He said he hates his job there and took several smoke breaks. At one point he said he was considering just leaving and letting me close the store--I have no idea what that involves and as an associate am not allowed to do it. I just wanted to get out and come home. I sure don't want to be a trouble maker so I am not sure what I should do?? I will ask my boss to not make me work with that guy anymore. Guess I'll tell him he makes me uncomfortable. I've never felt that way around anyone.....long night!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:48 AM

48,417 posts, read 22,109,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Boy I am glad last night is over!! The new guy my boss hired and made a key holder is very odd. He said he hates his job there and took several smoke breaks. At one point he said he was considering just leaving and letting me close the store--I have no idea what that involves and as an associate am not allowed to do it. I just wanted to get out and come home. I sure don't want to be a trouble maker so I am not sure what I should do?? I will ask my boss to not make me work with that guy anymore. Guess I'll tell him he makes me uncomfortable. I've never felt that way around anyone.....long night!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
cyn..........if you decide to go to your boss about this new hire..........I think you need to tell him what you wrote here......if you just say he "makes you uncomfortable" it sounds like a sexual harrassment complaint...if that is the problem....then that phrase is appropriate. It sounds as if your complaint is that he bad mouths the job and the boss and that he threatens to walk off and leave you to close. It makes you uncomfortable because you dont want to agree with him about the job but you also dont want to get into an arguement with the person in charge of your shift.....that really is an untenable position to be in. You also arent a "key holder" so cant close up should he walk off the job.

I thnk your boss will understand and appreciate your honesty.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:57 AM

I get what you are saying elston and agree. The guy may just not show up for work--who knows. It is a frightening thought to have him tell me he's just going to leave. I don't have keys as you said to lock the place down. I just did not like the position he was putting me in. I sure don't want him mad at me but I will not work with him alone again. I can't afford to lose this job but I can't work like this either. Up until now there were little things but that's normal with any work place---this is more then I want to deal with. I'm sure my boss will take care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning