Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 10:35 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Yes good for you redbird!!

Im sorry you had a flood CYN

Old 10-22-2016, 02:39 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
You know elston, you may be right, I hadn't thought of that. I was more concerned about the stitches.
I'm very proud of you redbird---we need more people like you!
A shingle blew off my roof in the wind but not sure if it will be a problem so am just going to hang on to it and when my neighbor has time, maybe next week he will look at it. Meantime Bella and BuBu are out in dog yard. Course they are sitting right at the gate not enjoying it one bit but that may change once they figure out it will be more often as the weather permits. I hope at least!

Old 10-22-2016, 03:59 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You know elston, you may be right, I hadn't thought of that. I was more concerned about the stitches.
I'm very proud of you redbird---we need more people like you!
A shingle blew off my roof in the wind but not sure if it will be a problem so am just going to hang on to it and when my neighbor has time, maybe next week he will look at it. Meantime Bella and BuBu are out in dog yard. Course they are sitting right at the gate not enjoying it one bit but that may change once they figure out it will be more often as the weather permits. I hope at least!
I have never had a dog who really went out and played and enjoyed the yard....except my little beagle girl loved the fenced in 1/2 acre up in Maine......the scent of deer and wild turkeys and the little voles burrowing under the snow......Allie loved it. She also was an escape artist....always looking for a place to burrow her way to "freedom". The others did their business and then sat at the door looking miserable.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:45 AM

My problem is I can't see out there to know when they have done their business---I have to wait until it's light to walk around the yard to make sure. But that is the way it will have to work for now. And yes, you described my BuBu and Bella perfectly sitting by the gate looking miserable.
Time to shower and get ready for early morning church services.
Have a blessed day!

Old 10-23-2016, 01:22 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Our two dogs and two cats absolutely love the out-of-doors here at this house. The back yard is pretty good size - city lot, we're right next to a grade school. There are lots of trees and lots of grass and lots of...squirrels. Our Chow Chow waits like she's starting a race and once the door opens she bolts outside to try and catch a squirrel! It's funny. Those squirrels can really move when their lives are at stake - though I don't think Meggy May the Chow Chow would actually kill one of them, I don't know for sure. She's gotten right up on them several times but hasn't, as far as we know, took one down yet.

The "game" provides her with endless fun. Cotey, our 12 year old Pomeranian, won't chase them. I don't think he feels like working that hard!

Old 10-24-2016, 04:51 AM

Good morning everyone!
Church was nice and then I went to work. I talked to that young lady in grooming that just lost her husband in that tragic accident. She seems to be doing very well for such a short time--but then I think I may have appeared to be like that and in reality we are in a fog. It's like our body is trying to protect us.
I think I will go to the "Y" today and do some swimming. Nothing to strenuous but just moving the muscles a bit. I got my flu shot yesterday so that are is a little sore too.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:23 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Enjoy your swim and the rest of your day, cyn. Everyone else, too, have good Monday's. I go back to work tonight and then work Tuesday and Thursday nights this week before getting the weekend off. The Seahawk's and Cardinal's played to a 6-6 tie last night on Sunday Night Football. I honestly can't remember the last game Seattle played that ended in a tie. Very strange game but a very hard fought football game. Gonna be sore muscles and bruises all over those two team this morning!

Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 AM

I got called into work last night--the girl was sick so I went in and covered for her. They called me at 4pm so it was last minute. I just hope I don't catch what she had now. Tonight is our farewell party for my therapist--she will be gone for a few months to be with her family in Yugoslavia. I will really miss our meetings especially during the up coming holidays!
I never made it to swim yesterday so maybe this morning. Had a restless nights sleep--just could not unwind from work. That always happens when I work nights. So happy that is not often now especially with winter coming. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 10-25-2016, 07:46 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Stopping in to say "Good Morning".

Old 10-26-2016, 05:43 AM

Good morning everyone.
I went to the "Y" yesterday and did some swimming. I was careful not to overdo it. I dread the idea of getting more medical anything at the price of it all but it looks like I at least need a MRI to see what is going on. I can take it from there.
My therapist told me she sees a lot of improvement in my self confidence which sure makes me feel better!
Work today so time to get myself ready. Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.