Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 01:56 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Home from a hectic day at work! The main boss decided to take today off and left 3 (actually 2 1/2 with my limitations) girls to unload 4 fully stacked pallets of dog food. Not sure where his head was but it sure wasn't at our work! There were orders that were wrong, the phone system to the groomers was messed up--just one of those days we could have done without! I had a person telling me that the new petsmart is also showing the humane society cats from our local humane society. Usually I would say the more the better--these poor critters need forever homes any way we can find them but then I was told that the humane society feeds and cleans the cats at petsmart 2 times a day--we can"t even get them to help. I flipped out!! I've been fighting with them to come and help with 2 cats--one with ear mites and the other with sneezing and runny eyes. No show. So I called their president--I believe in going to the top! She said for me to contact her directly in the future and we will get this worked out. I told her I hoped so--not for me--or the store but for the cats! We'll see. We've been finding homes for their cats for over 7 years and they treat us like this. That's just wrong..she agreed! I sure hope it helps!
Hope everyone had a good day!

Old 11-18-2016, 04:12 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Wow sounded like a hard day,Im sorry CYN!!

I hope today is much easier for you

Old 11-18-2016, 05:19 AM

I woke up feeling uptight.....but am determined to make this a good day! It is my day off and I need to get some things done. I really need to go in for some physical therapy for my arms. I've waited a week but now feel it's time to get on it. They are both sore from yesterday at work. I got my report back from my doctor on all of my blood work and it said I am fine. That made me feel better!
Suppose to go into the low 20's this next week and am not looking forward to that especially walking the dogs at 6:30 am. Brrrr. But walking is good for me, the cold won't kill me and my dogs have been so good they deserve a good morning walk!
Time to go feed my neighbors wild birds. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:50 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I am on an "anti inflamatory diet for life" plan......started this week after seeing the orthopedic surgeon for knee pain.....will probably need knee replacement at some point.....this year probably....but for now less invasive steps. The diet is quite restrictive so I am not sure what to eat.....no wheat that cuts out bread and all pastries and crackers and gravy etc, no beef, no white potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, corn, cucumbers, NO Dairy....cheese, milk, ice cream etc.

I can and should have lots of greens, pineapple, berries, certain nuts....(not peanuts)....pork fish and chicken....and daily I have to drink concentrate sour cherry juice...mixed with water (its pretty good actually) and green tea. I can have rice and beans and some of the non wheat grains.....I like kasha and buckwheat noodles hadnt thought of them. I am scheduled for a fitting for a knee brace and will be starting Physical therapy soon.

Thanksgiving willl be hard....no stuffing, pickles, pie, no gravy, no mashed taters, no left over turkey sandwiches!
But I have been in so much pain.....and I am feeling relief....so I will stick with it. Actually to be able to walk around my house and yard relatively pain free.....is a blessing....I have been so limited and progressively so ........ This is for life....and better quality life....so I'm In.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:36 AM

Oh elston, I knew you were in pain but had no idea how bad it was. I love this idea, doing it naturally and to see it working is the best! You have such an amazing imagination when it comes to foods I know you will make wonderful dishes even with all the limitations! I am happy for you! Keep up the good work friend!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:44 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Home from a hectic day at work! The main boss decided to take today off and left 3 (actually 2 1/2 with my limitations) girls to unload 4 fully stacked pallets of dog food. Not sure where his head was but it sure wasn't at our work! There were orders that were wrong, the phone system to the groomers was messed up--just one of those days we could have done without! I had a person telling me that the new petsmart is also showing the humane society cats from our local humane society. Usually I would say the more the better--these poor critters need forever homes any way we can find them but then I was told that the humane society feeds and cleans the cats at petsmart 2 times a day--we can"t even get them to help. I flipped out!! I've been fighting with them to come and help with 2 cats--one with ear mites and the other with sneezing and runny eyes. No show. So I called their president--I believe in going to the top! She said for me to contact her directly in the future and we will get this worked out. I told her I hoped so--not for me--or the store but for the cats! We'll see. We've been finding homes for their cats for over 7 years and they treat us like this. That's just wrong..she agreed! I sure hope it helps!
Hope everyone had a good day!
KAPOW! You go, girl. You should also mention to your boss that these cats they don't take care of reflect badly on your store, so he'll join you in putting on the pressure.

Elston, I think I'd sooner have a knee replacement than stay on that diet, but good luck with it. No doctor has ever suggested an anti inflammatory diet to me, so I'll have to look into it. Perhaps I can implement a few items. Cortisone shots for me next week.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the positive reply gentlearts---that goes a long way with me! Oh I plan on talking this all over with my boss although I did hear he is not happy with the situation and has been on the phone with someone at the humane society.....and your thinking was exactly on track with my own---how can we look like we care about our critters if they are not well kept? I do my best but now I am only there 3 days a week. I have been pushing the other girls to keep the cats clean, fed and watered but any medical problems have to be handled by the humane society--and they need to do it!!!! They also need to put as much care into the cats we have in our store as they are for the petsmart. This is one area where I feel strong and will do whatever is necessary to get it working properly. I will not stand for animals mistreated in any way! There are 2 other girls who love the cats the way I do so I am thankful for that. At least when I am not there hopefully one of them will be there--meantime the humane society needs to step up their game!

Old 11-18-2016, 11:44 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
KAPOW! You go, girl. You should also mention to your boss that these cats they don't take care of reflect badly on your store, so he'll join you in putting on the pressure.

Elston, I think I'd sooner have a knee replacement than stay on that diet, but good luck with it. No doctor has ever suggested an anti inflammatory diet to me, so I'll have to look into it. Perhaps I can implement a few items. Cortisone shots for me next week.

google "anti inflamatory diet for life" As I am getting into it....I notice a significant improvement and I am finding things I can eat......I just had some Honey and Oats Cereal with Almond Milk--it was delicious.....so now I have an easy and healthy breakfst option......also got some Eziekiel Bread....(Publix Supermarket carries it in the freezer section......it is made from sprouted grains and is OK on this diet...expensive but it will be worth it to be able to have a sandwich or toast and marmalade (no butter).

I am going to roast some turkey thighs for supper (going out for T. dinner to a seafood restaurant)...so can eat turkey now and not spoil the T-day. We eat a lot of rice anyway.....my spouce is Japanese so I make a couple of cups of rice every day.

I havent had it in a long time...but I like Kasha or buckwheat groats.....eastern european grain....I bought some of that today.

I can and will do this.....

The cortisone shot gave me immediate relief from pain......mobility is still limited and endurance is limited....have to schedule PT and get seriously into doing the prescribed exercises...(once I get them).

I also bought some kale today....greens are very good for this diet.....and a rutabagger (yellow turnip). That is part of my thanksgiving traditon.

fresh pineapple is recommended daily, watermelon and blueberries are also good.....NO cantalope or Asian pears.

Good Luck

Old 11-18-2016, 11:55 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
google "anti inflamatory diet for life" As I am getting into it....I notice a significant improvement and I am finding things I can eat......I just had some Honey and Oats Cereal with Almond Milk--it was delicious.....so now I have an easy and healthy breakfst option......also got some Eziekiel Bread....(Publix Supermarket carries it in the freezer section......it is made from sprouted grains and is OK on this diet...expensive but it will be worth it to be able to have a sandwich or toast and marmalade (no butter).

I am going to roast some turkey thighs for supper (going out for T. dinner to a seafood restaurant)...so can eat turkey now and not spoil the T-day. We eat a lot of rice anyway.....my spouce is Japanese so I make a couple of cups of rice every day.

I havent had it in a long time...but I like Kasha or buckwheat groats.....eastern european grain....I bought some of that today.

I can and will do this.....

The cortisone shot gave me immediate relief from pain......mobility is still limited and endurance is limited....have to schedule PT and get seriously into doing the prescribed exercises...(once I get them).

I also bought some kale today....greens are very good for this diet.....and a rutabagger (yellow turnip). That is part of my thanksgiving traditon.

fresh pineapple is recommended daily, watermelon and blueberries are also good.....NO cantalope or Asian pears.

Good Luck
Well, those things sound good. Not as bleak as your first description. I've been a fan of Ezekiel bread for awhile now, but I do get to feeling a bit like I'm eating the sweepings off the chicken coop floor by the end of the loaf.
I would love that breakfast too. Strange that watermelon is good, but cantaloupe is bad. Oh well, good luck with it.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

Off to work!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.