Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times

Advertisements

^^Sorry to read about your kitty, elko. I know that you know about my sweet little dog Sable from my posts elsewhere.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:48 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
^^Sorry to read about your kitty, elko. I know that you know about my sweet little dog Sable from my posts elsewhere.

I'm so sorry, MMM. Some believe in The Rainbow Bridge, that we'll see our babies again one day in heaven. Or on the earth when it's restored to a paradise state again. It started out that way, way back when. With all of the things forecasted for the future for God-loving creatures, I wouldn't want to try and speculate whether God will through Jesus resurrect dead animals to the earth. It is a certainty that our dead human loved ones will be resurrected to the earth. John 5:25-29 God has promised this blessing and he will make good on it - he can not lie.

I dearly miss the men that sat down and volunteered to teach me the Scriptures. There are three men in Washington state who studied the Bible with me - Walter, Charlie and Wayne. Fairly sure Wayne is still alive. All volunteer teachers of God's Word for free to anyone who wants to learn it. God Bless those wonderful men. And thank you, Jehovah! Otherwise I would be so sad in this world, without the real hope in the future that the Bible provides us.

How many critters do you guys have left, MMM? Your'e not out of animals now, are you?

Last edited by elkotronics; 07-27-2017 at 08:21 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 09:44 PM

No, Sable actually survived the weekend & is doing better...the ascites decreased & she is breathing better, eating, drinking & even playing a little with our other dog. We know that CHF is progressive, but our Pom had it also, & lived to 14 years...he bossed the big dogs around!

We have a young Dobie & that's it, but have always had 2 dogs, & in the past had a blue & gold macaw (was with spouse before I was!), a cockatiel that slept on my head, hamsters, rabbits, a desert tortoise raised from a hatchling, a huge aquarium of cichlids ( why I refuse to eat tilipia), a Pygmy goat & a donkey.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Aw....McKenzie is my sweet old girl that we adopted from the Escondido Humane Society when we lived in CA. She is quite gray now....a sweet old girl.

Escondido Humane Society...wow, elston, we may have been neighbors, or at least crossed paths. Small world.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:00 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
MMM, sounds like you certainly are an animal lover! I can't imagine not having my critters! Ans I agree--it is a small world!

Good morning all! Elston, maybe it's just the time of year but it does seem many people have a lot of struggles right now. I am looking forward to my friend getting here from CA. tomorrow. She is such a good friend! Imagine deciding to come out to visit when she heard how difficult it has been since my shoulder started getting worse. She decided to come the day we were talking on the phone about it 2-3 weeks ago. That is a good friend! I am blessed! She is staying a week.

I hope today finds everyone happy and blessed!

Old 07-28-2017, 05:31 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Escondido Humane Society...wow, elston, we may have been neighbors, or at least crossed paths. Small world.
I lived in Escondido on East Valley Parkway (? near a high school and not too far from the dog park next to the Humane Society. Were we neighbors? I think the community I lived in was named Heritage Park.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:02 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
No, Sable actually survived the weekend & is doing better...the ascites decreased & she is breathing better, eating, drinking & even playing a little with our other dog. We know that CHF is progressive, but our Pom had it also, & lived to 14 years...he bossed the big dogs around!

We have a young Dobie & that's it, but have always had 2 dogs, & in the past had a blue & gold macaw (was with spouse before I was!), a cockatiel that slept on my head, hamsters, rabbits, a desert tortoise raised from a hatchling, a huge aquarium of cichlids ( why I refuse to eat tilipia), a Pygmy goat & a donkey.

MarciaMarshaMarcia - I am so glad that Sable survived! Good deal. She sounds like she's fighting it well. Abbey, our first dog and a Pomeranian, got CHF while I was going to college in Rolla, MO. She fought but her's was too tough. We asked the vet his advice.

"Well, as long as she's eating, keep feeding her and loving her." So we did. One night she died overnight. We buried her in Missouri Conservation forestland about 75 miles SW of St. Louis. She loved Daddy so much. She'd sleep down at my feet while I studied my Respiratory books. Fully devoted.

Everyone have good days, today!

Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Well my son is in town this weekend for the rodeo. This will be a nice diversion. Being behind the chutes and getting him wrapped in leaves no room for thinking about anything else. Even after all this time, raising him up cowboy and all the hair raising things we've done together since he was old enough to walk, seeing him jump on a bull scares me silly. He always wanted rough stock. Mutton busting through steer riding into a smattering of broncs and now it's bulls.

Time for tunnel vision. Well folks hope all of ya have a good weekend . Time for me to get focused. Be happy y'all.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good for you NVplumber--sounds like the perfect distraction!

Old 07-29-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I lived in Escondido on East Valley Parkway (? near a high school and not too far from the dog park next to the Humane Society. Were we neighbors? I think the community I lived in was named Heritage Park.

I actually lived in Vista, but anybody along Hwy. 78 must have crossed paths at least once! I actually was in Escondido a lot for work at Palomar MC. I got my second Dobie, who was my "dog of a lifetime" at Escondido Humane Society, & spent a lot of time hiking with her & my family at Daley Ranch...did you ever go there? I think I would melt from the heat now if I went there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.