Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 03:18 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Good Morning everyone. It is the start of a new week. I hope it is a good one for each of you. I think Cyn's friend must have left by now. I hope that the trip to the airport was without incident and that you have your share of good memories of your friends visit.

Elko..I am sending you positive thoughts about the job hunt...for both you and your son.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Thanks for the good thoughts elston!
It was a very nice visit. We didn't do much but relaxing and talking. She just got out of a walker with her back surgery and I have my problems with my arms so we just took it easy! I got her to the airport and came home exhausted. I spent a lot of time feeling quite alone and sorry for myself yesterday so today it's time to shake that off and move on!
Woke up to rain so walking the dogs was difficult and waiting for the rain to let up a bit for a longer walk! I have physical therapy today but am so sore from doing it at home...ugh! Maybe that means it is working!?!?
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Elko..I am sending you positive thoughts about the job hunt...for both you and your son.

Thank you, elston. Our son is now working at the Kansas City Restore Habitat for Humanity. The place has a cat that lives there that they named Habicat! It's mostly lifting things - these are building materials that are basically donated to Habitat for Humanity and recycled at Habitat for Humanity. The store is in a nice district in KC called Waldo. So that's good.

My job front - I may hear from the eastern Washington job today. My wife and I are starting to plan for cleaning jobs together here in the next several weeks if my unemployment insurance runs out and I still haven't found a Sleep Tech. job. Thanks everyone for your support!

cyn - the physical therapy is probably working if you feel pain - I hope your shoulder settles down for you.

Good Monday, all!

Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Thank you, elston. Our son is now working at the Kansas City Restore Habitat for Humanity. The place has a cat that lives there that they named Habicat! It's mostly lifting things - these are building materials that are basically donated to Habitat for Humanity and recycled at Habitat for Humanity. The store is in a nice district in KC called Waldo. So that's good.

My job front - I may hear from the eastern Washington job today. My wife and I are starting to plan for cleaning jobs together here in the next several weeks if my unemployment insurance runs out and I still haven't found a Sleep Tech. job. Thanks everyone for your support!

cyn - the physical therapy is probably working if you feel pain - I hope your shoulder settles down for you.

Good Monday, all!
I was going to ask about the cleaning endeavor....if Unemploymt ran out before a job opened. Good Luck later today!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:29 AM

I was going to ask about the cleaning endeavor....if Unemploymt ran out before a job opened. Good Luck later today!

Thanks, elston! It's about 12:30PM here in KC and no calls from a job whatsoever so far today. I have prayed a couple of times today.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Thanks, elston! It's about 12:30PM here in KC and no calls from a job whatsoever so far today. I have prayed a couple of times today.
Maybe they will call after they have their lunch break. (If they are out west)

Do you qualify for this type of position. Polysomnographic Technologist

Department: SLEEP LAB
Categories: Allied Health
Type: Full-Time
Shift: 7:00 AM-7:30 PM
Schedule: Days

or any of these

https://www.indeed.com/q-Sleep-Techn...rida-jobs.html

Last edited by elston; 08-07-2017 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 03:46 PM

Very concerned about Bubba....he's not doing well today. I pray constantly for hms to feel better. He usually pops out of it sooner then today.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:53 PM

Keeping Bubba in my prayers and thoughts....."thy will be done" Cyn....when its time for Bubba to go.....it will be time for you to let him go. You and he will know when that is.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:24 PM

Do you qualify for this type of position. Polysomnographic Technologist

Department: SLEEP LAB
Categories: Allied Health
Type: Full-Time
Shift: 7:00 AM-7:30 PM
Schedule: Days

or any of these

https://www.indeed.com/q-Sleep-Techn...rida-jobs.html

I'll check into these, elston, thanks!

Very concerned about Bubba....he's not doing well today. I pray constantly for hms to feel better. He usually pops out of it sooner then today.

Prayers heading your way, cyn. I'm sorry.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 AM

So far Bubba seems to be improving today. He ate and had a nice walk. I know he is not long for this world but when you see him chase a rabbit he looks like he is 2 years old.
Today I am driving to see my grand daughter for her birthday. Not loving the drive but it will be worth it all to see the grand children! Wish it wasn't suppose to rain but that is what it does here!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-08-2017 at 05:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.