Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 09:00 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

Elko, when the right place comes the doors will open!

You are right, cyn.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,776,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
My therapist advised me to make my torn rotater cuffs my priority and to take care of them. Since I can't afford to take time off to get them fixed I guess that means try to save as much as I can for work. I need to clean this house but will do it in small steps I guess.
Work tonight. Bubba is not himself today...his tummy is making some weird sounds so I guess he has a tummy ache. It took him a while to eat his breakfast. Sigh.....
Cyn, your therapist is 100 percent correct. Look at it this way, if you do not take care of your shoulder and when you are unable to work any longer who will care for your beloved fur babies? Seriously Cyn please really give this some thought!!

I know how hard it is weighing financial matters vs taking care of yourself and your fur babies, and just the absolute necessities of life.

I hope I haven't overstepped boundaries but all of us really do care!

Try and slow down please.

Sincere regards, Stephanie

Old 06-01-2017, 04:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
I have been Stephanie and thank you for caring! I even told my boss last night I am not able to do anything that might cause more problems with my arms and he agreed. I'll keep stocking but break down the amounts I lift and no more lifting above my shoulders. I have talked to a woman that helps with housecleaning and am hoping she will come in a week or so to help with the heavy stuff. She also will help me get a lot of the items sold that I have been sitting in the back room waiting for me to take to a consignment store. I got her name through the Mary Martha Center for women. I really can't afford her but I can't afford not to have her and her prices are not unreasonable. I feel like I have been sent an angel--hope I'm right! As you said, I need to do what needs to be done to take care of my shoulders.
Still feel quite lost with out Little Boy kitty. I miss him taking walks when I take the dogs out on their walks! Bubba really misses him. Guess it just takes time for us all.
Work today...have a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-01-2017 at 05:25 AM..

Old 06-01-2017, 05:30 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Im saying a prayer for ya CYN!!!

Old 06-01-2017, 06:15 AM

Thank you Dude! You are a good friend!

Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Aw Cyn Still praying. Also totally agree on getting the help you need. I need to listen to my words to you too. I have a rib I can not get healed because it will get close then i do some thing stupid and injure it again It is so hard for me , and it appears you too, to ask for help. It is just frustrating some times. I wish I were closer to you I could help you clean your house and I happily would do so.

I had to go to the doctor yesterday for my hand pain and doc gave me a prescription version of an over the counter drug. It did help with the pain and even though I hate to take drugs he said this one is safe non addicting and does not make me loopy. It did seem to help. The hot wax treatment he recommended for my hands was also amazing and I managed to make one using a small crock pot instead of buying one to use. Cyn it would be amazing for your shoulder if you cud figure a way to do it. It is so soothing on the pain. Doc said many physical therapists are using it.

Elkotronics hoping your travels home are going well. I also agree the right door will open for you. Praying it is soon enough to suit your needs. So much of my family is in the KC area. OK too.

Raining today. Very happy for this. Means I do not have to drag hoses around to water and I just mowed the other day so all is good. Was going to go to two yard sales but I imagine they have been called off due to the rain. Good for me too as I really do not need more stuff. I just can not resist looking though. I will head up that way to go to the dump and also pick up some more glass pieces from my friend, that passed away house. I want to do a little memorial window of her glass bits for me. It will be fun and a nice way to remember her. And she was of the depression era where nothing was thrown away so she will be happy these pieces were used.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:09 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
About 2 weeks ago we had the back yard re-sodded....it was really necessary. It was expensive so I have been worried...."is it taking? Will it grow?" But it has looked really really nice and green out there.

Our lawn guys came today to mow it for the first time....and it looks WONDERFUL. now mind you ....this is florida grass...nothing you would see on a golf course....or in Kentucky's blue grass country...but the back yard is covered with a thick green grassy lawn.....that actually needed to be mowed and then the clipppings raked up. I am ecstatic ... it looks so fresh and green out there. Next we are having pine-straw mulch put under the shrubs that surround the lanai.

I dont do the work myself......I couldnt....but thats ok.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
About 2 weeks ago we had the back yard re-sodded....it was really necessary. It was expensive so I have been worried...."is it taking? Will it grow?" But it has looked really really nice and green out there.

Our lawn guys came today to mow it for the first time....and it looks WONDERFUL. now mind you ....this is florida grass...nothing you would see on a golf course....or in Kentucky's blue grass country...but the back yard is covered with a thick green grassy lawn.....that actually needed to be mowed and then the clipppings raked up. I am ecstatic ... it looks so fresh and green out there. Next we are having pine-straw mulch put under the shrubs that surround the lanai.

I dont do the work myself......I couldnt....but thats ok.
Elston I would bet your lawn looks wonderful It was so tough getting any grass to grow here. It took about three years for it to finally kind of fill in with mostly grass but there are a lot of weeds in it too. HARD weeds to kill off with out almost killing off the grass. Morning glory for one and it is not the ornamental variety. I probably should rake my clippings but I do leave them lay as the soil is mostly gravel and sand with a little bit of top soil only. then where we put in the septic leach lines there is fairly deep sunken in areas that really need more fill. I will work on it some day. Always so much to do in the yard. I only have half an acre and some of that is almost straight up a hill. even so it is a lot of yard to deal with.

I am not sure what pine straw is? Pine needles? I raked my neighbors pine needles and cones for the mulch and hauled them home to put around my pathways. They do help keep the weeds down.

I also noticed the ornamental version of morning glory I have growing here is coming up nicely so I will transplant some of it around on my new privacy fence maybe tomorrow. It really only works for summer though. I also have it growing across the front of the house to shade the front porch some. I should put up or plant some thing that makes a permanent vine quickly. I even considered hops.

Long busy day today. Was fun but it is way past my bedtime. Good night Folks. Sweet dreams.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:32 AM

I am so happy for you elston! I know what a perfectionist you are and I say that as a compliment! Grass grows easily here--almost to easy! A lot of people here also use the pine needles but I use bark pieces around my roses (when I do them).
I am having a problem with this "down" feeling and I know it's because I miss my cat. I know time will help but this is difficult. Some may think I am silly to feel so sad over this but considering the last couple of years it doesn't take a lot to make me feel sad! Still moving forward...maybe slowly but forward!

Old 06-02-2017, 05:57 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Elston I would bet your lawn looks wonderful It was so tough getting any grass to grow here. It took about three years for it to finally kind of fill in with mostly grass but there are a lot of weeds in it too. HARD weeds to kill off with out almost killing off the grass. Morning glory for one and it is not the ornamental variety. I probably should rake my clippings but I do leave them lay as the soil is mostly gravel and sand with a little bit of top soil only. then where we put in the septic leach lines there is fairly deep sunken in areas that really need more fill. I will work on it some day. Always so much to do in the yard. I only have half an acre and some of that is almost straight up a hill. even so it is a lot of yard to deal with.

I am not sure what pine straw is? Pine needles? I raked my neighbors pine needles and cones for the mulch and hauled them home to put around my pathways. They do help keep the weeds down.

I also noticed the ornamental version of morning glory I have growing here is coming up nicely so I will transplant some of it around on my new privacy fence maybe tomorrow. It really only works for summer though. I also have it growing across the front of the house to shade the front porch some. I should put up or plant some thing that makes a permanent vine quickly. I even considered hops.

Long busy day today. Was fun but it is way past my bedtime. Good night Folks. Sweet dreams.
Yes, Pine straw is pine needles. Southern pine trees have really long needles and they use them for mulch. I like the way they look much more than the red bark chips that so many people around here use.

Our soil is pretty much sand also.....it is so unlike what I was used to in New England.

When I ived in CA we had the large ornamental perenial morning glories....but they really get invasive. Very pretty, but hard to keep under control.

You are amazing with all you do crafts, yard etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.