Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 06:00 AM

48,223 posts, read 22,041,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am so happy for you elston! I know what a perfectionist you are and I say that as a compliment! Grass grows easily here--almost to easy! A lot of people here also use the pine needles but I use bark pieces around my roses (when I do them).
I am having a problem with this "down" feeling and I know it's because I miss my cat. I know time will help but this is difficult. Some may think I am silly to feel so sad over this but considering the last couple of years it doesn't take a lot to make me feel sad! Still moving forward...maybe slowly but forward!
I am really not a perfectionist......I consider my approach to life to be very casual.

Cyn......are you pretty reconciled that your little kitty isnt coming home? You might need to acknowledge that in order to grieve his loss.

I know how much you love your animals.......I am so very sorry.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:30 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
Elston I am so happy,your so good @ things

Good morning CYN and all!!!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times
I know eslton and believe me I am trying.......for some reason with each loss it seems to get harder to let go....I have and I will.
I am not fond of the red bark so many use around here either so I just use the natural color. Not flashy but neat and nice looking. For some reason living in the mountains for most of my life I always thought of pine needles something to have to rake up and toss away. When we moved here I thought how strange to put pine needles around you plants etc. Just different but I am getting more use to them now!
I hope I did not offend you elston by saying a perfectionist but I just think you do an exceptional job with most things you do in my opinion...I meant it in a good way!
Good morning to you too Dude!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:32 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,523,382 times
Good morning, all of you all! I am studying to re-take that big and nasty exam, and looking for work and paying bills today. I feel better today. Yesterday we went to Penney's to shop and I couldn't even stay awake. I was so tired from driving back to KC from the tiny west Kansas town we visited about that job.

cyn - I send you my love over apparently losing your kitten. I am so sorry.

Everyone have good Friday's!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,930,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Yes, Pine straw is pine needles. Southern pine trees have really long needles and they use them for mulch. I like the way they look much more than the red bark chips that so many people around here use.

Our soil is pretty much sand also.....it is so unlike what I was used to in New England.

When I ived in CA we had the large ornamental perenial morning glories....but they really get invasive. Very pretty, but hard to keep under control.

You are amazing with all you do crafts, yard etc etc.
Well Thank you elston. I have a busy mind. Not really amazing just busy.I have always been this way. I think I am slowing down a little as I age. So good to know the pine straw is the same as pine needles. I never see it for sale here in the stores. I have been using it whenever I can get it even if I have to do the raking. Worth it to me. I love the smell when I have to walk across it. And for sure those big morning glories are invasive to but nothing like the little ones. They are even considered a noxious weed here. And they well deserve their name.

Cyn I am so sorry about your kitty and the pain his loss is giving you. Sending healing thoughts for your heart.

I am off to Hells Canyon Days. I have friends having a huge yard sale so it will be fun to visit with them. The whole town lights up with yard sales but I hope to only go to the one. Mostly to see my friends and also to take another friend with me as she is having a bit of a break down ,just from life, and I am trying to help her through it a little bit. She has been so good to me after Joe died. Even came over and sat with me that night while I was waiting for the mortuary to come pick him up. I was ok alone with him but the good friend that she is came anyway. I am glad she did. Took a couple hours for them to come get him. I think I will drive my new to me car up just to get used to driving. I HATE that I am so fearful of driving. Hubby rarely let me drive in the 30 years we were together and that was NOT a good thing for me. I was happy to let him drive because I always hated driving. But when I live 22 miles one way from the grocery store I better get used to it. The new to me car is an old Chevy Blazer but only has 80K miles on it. Joe and I had one years ago and loved it. I just need to build my confidence. The worst thing for me being a widow besides missing my Joe is all the STUPID fears I conger up in my mind. I am trying to be braver and it can be difficult some times.

Have the best day you can folks.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I know eslton and believe me I am trying.......for some reason with each loss it seems to get harder to let go....I have and I will.
I am not fond of the red bark so many use around here either so I just use the natural color. Not flashy but neat and nice looking. For some reason living in the mountains for most of my life I always thought of pine needles something to have to rake up and toss away. When we moved here I thought how strange to put pine needles around you plants etc. Just different but I am getting more use to them now!
I hope I did not offend you elston by saying a perfectionist but I just think you do an exceptional job with most things you do in my opinion...I meant it in a good way!
Good morning to you too Dude!
No offense taken cyn. It just surprised me. I do try to do things well.....but I really am more of a "lick and a promise" sort of guy......I "make do" much of the time. So far from perfection..... but I do try to do my best.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
Dont let go CYN,he knows you love him...... I just hope he is ok!!!!!

Hello Elko how are ya buddy,I hope things are ok!!! (You also Elston) and you also Shades

I love you all!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,930,761 times
Hi folks. I had an awesome day. Went to a couple of yard sales with a friend that needed getting out. I only bought a pretty cover for the bed for kitties to lay on.

I also built a door for a narrow shelf I put beside my bed to be able to have gun behind a door for safety yet still be easily accessible to me. Proud of myself for figuring out how to do this. Praying I never need to use it.

The best of all is when power went out last winter at 23 below zero the power company had to hire backhoe to plow into the pole across my property. Backhoe plowed up a really large pile of gravel I was going to have to smooth out with rake and shovel. Neighbor had his bobcat over to the house and took care of that for me in less than 5 minutes. Such a relief to not have to deal with that. This is nice neighbor not the ones that give me trouble.

And I finished painting the night stand cabinet. I guess I should have turned the door over to have it open the other way. OH well I do not think company would be getting in my cabinet. Would not be a hard fix other than I would have to fill the holes. For now it will stay as it is.

Dinner was delicious of pork shoulder done in the crock pot with lots of chili powder and green chilies and cheese. Heart attack in a bowl. Yum yum. Funny thing is since I have been eating this way my blood work keeps getting better and better. Doc is amazed. Metabolic rate went from 7.something down to 4. Healthy as can be if I only were not so old.

Hoping every one had as good a day as possible. I still need to hand water the narrow flower bed across the front and transplant a few things before they get too big to move.
Attached Thumbnails
Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-2-17-new-night-stand.jpg  

Last edited by shades_of_idaho; 06-02-2017 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: Photo

Old 06-03-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Hi folks. I had an awesome day. Went to a couple of yard sales with a friend that needed getting out. I only bought a pretty cover for the bed for kitties to lay on.

I also built a door for a narrow shelf I put beside my bed to be able to have gun behind a door for safety yet still be easily accessible to me. Proud of myself for figuring out how to do this. Praying I never need to use it.

The best of all is when power went out last winter at 23 below zero the power company had to hire backhoe to plow into the pole across my property. Backhoe plowed up a really large pile of gravel I was going to have to smooth out with rake and shovel. Neighbor had his bobcat over to the house and took care of that for me in less than 5 minutes. Such a relief to not have to deal with that. This is nice neighbor not the ones that give me trouble.

And I finished painting the night stand cabinet. I guess I should have turned the door over to have it open the other way. OH well I do not think company would be getting in my cabinet. Would not be a hard fix other than I would have to fill the holes. For now it will stay as it is.

Dinner was delicious of pork shoulder done in the crock pot with lots of chili powder and green chilies and cheese. Heart attack in a bowl. Yum yum. Funny thing is since I have been eating this way my blood work keeps getting better and better. Doc is amazed. Metabolic rate went from 7.something down to 4. Healthy as can be if I only were not so old.

Hoping every one had as good a day as possible. I still need to hand water the narrow flower bed across the front and transplant a few things before they get too big to move.

So sweet and cozy.........Love your room. That was great that the neighbor moved that gravel pile for you. Blessings when least expected are the best.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times
That is nice Shades...you are very talented!
Woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep. Not sure why because I was tired......maybe a nap today.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning