Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 02:07 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Busy day today. I am going to my sons house to celebrate one grand daughters birthday and the other grand daughters 8th grade graduation. They are all going bowling and since I can't bowl because of my arms I will come home when they go. Hopefully my dogs will be fine.
My washing machine keeps giving me "error" messages so I guess it's replacement time. Back to the old charge card. Then to find someone to install it. I've never had to do any of this as my husband did it all so I'm a little anxious about it all not to mention the money..ugh! I guess it's that time when things start breaking!
Have a great day everyone!
I know what you mean about your husband handling all the "house stuff." I am slowly trying to learn things like filters on water and furnace, who to call for generator, A/C, furnace. How to set the sprinkler system and how to blow it out in the winter. Also have been reorganizing files, shredding and throwing away anything I don't need. Husband is a saver...I'm not.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:08 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I would be so happy to get all of my important papers down to "ONE" safe place! Right now I have several special places.....need to do so much organizing and just throwing things away. My DH kept paper work forever...I guess it came with owning a business but I don't own a business and need to figure out what to keep and what to toss. I still am going through some of his clothes...slowly I have gotten rid of some. So much to do.....

Old 06-10-2017, 10:38 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
I would be so happy to get all of my important papers down to "ONE" safe place! Right now I have several special places.....need to do so much organizing and just throwing things away. My DH kept paper work forever...I guess it came with owning a business but I don't own a business and need to figure out what to keep and what to toss. I still am going through some of his clothes...slowly I have gotten rid of some. So much to do.....
Oh...I got rid of his clothes when my sister came. I asked her to do it. Only half of it was gone. His Hawaiian shirts, North Face and Carhartt stuff was staring at me. He owned hundreds of CDs, albums, tools.

He couldn't have one or two of anything.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:42 AM

Sounds like me Gerania! I don't really have anyone here to help so I just have to do a little at a time and just to get the energy to do it is hard!
Had a nice visit with my family and got home pretty early to care for my fur-babies.
Looks like summer has arrived here --hot days ahead!
Church today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-11-2017, 05:55 AM

Very hot and humid here. My furry girl isn't interested in laying on the porch. Too hot. Prefers her AC. Husband has blockage in femoral artery but cannot do surgery until chemo is done. Does it ever stop? Chemo starts tomorrow so hoping he will handle it well.

I spent yesterday doing housework and washing bedding. Was able to cut about 2 acres and pull a few large weeds out of day lily garden. My heart just isn't in it and the pain in my foot adds to my misery. Hopefully they will find a solution on the 20th. My DIL is coming to stay with us then and I am looking forward to seeing her. They are six hours away so visits aren't always easy.

Our winter friends, who are more like family, although spread all over the country, keep in touch and that helps me with the loneliness and support.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:22 AM

I hope your DH does well with the chemo. I also hope they can find some kind of solution for your foot. I know how badly foot pain can be. I had 2 botched surgeries on my feet, almost lost my right foot. To this day being on my feet for very long can be very painful. Getting shoes that fit a nearly impossible. It all started with a supposedly simple bunion removal.
I think having your DIL there to help out will be wonderful!

Old 06-11-2017, 11:44 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,926,405 times
Quote:
Cyn I did this and it really helps. Only hubby was not a paper hoarder and went too far the other way by tossing everything. Made for a bit of a crazy first year trying to figure what my bills were going to be. I still have our individual metal boxes with handles with his for the old paper work house sales and what now. not sure I even need to keep that stuff now. Mine just has some personal stuff and like you I should consolidate. Except I know where everything is NOW and moving it might make me get even more confused.

I went through our closet and boxed up all of Joe's clothes right away. I put the boxes in the garage on advice from many friends not to get rid of them But I did take them down within a couple of months or less to the thrift store. I did not have good memories attached to his good shirts because they were what he wore to chemo. Any other time he was just wearing T-shirts and most of them were so worn and messed up I tossed them to a friend that was recycling clothes to raise money. I am glad I did it while I was in total shock. Feeling I could not mentally hurt any worse. Having to do it now would be torture for me. I would not want to get rid of a thing I am not sorry I did get rid of the clothes I donated and I am keeping all his tools as I used them almost as much as he did.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:51 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,926,405 times
Ellwood it sounds like you are doing an awful lot with your sore leg. I do hope they can find out the problem. I do not mind mowing because I have a beast of a mower. A bit over kill for sure but simple to run with hardly any effort and it should last a long time. And I only have half an acre and not all of that is lawn.

Yesterday I was kept inside the house by the weather. I worked on my mosaic window and have it ready to place in the window it goes in. I just need to figure out how I want to stabilize it in place so kitties can not knock it down.

Looks like it is really windy out side again and I do not do wind well so another day inside. Oh gee I might have to continue to be creative. At least the sun is shining for now but it is really chilly. I heard the furnace come on last night and got up and turned it off. I thought I had already done so. I can now handle below 65 degrees in the house thank you and my electric bill sky rockets when the furnace runs. I just snuggled down under the kitties on the bed.

Hoping you all have a fine Sunday.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:04 PM

DH came home from hospital and not eating again although he claims he ate in the hospital. Can't get comfortable, couch, recliner, chair, bed. Nothing works for long. Tumor is in abdomen which is distended and uncomfortable, as it fills with fluid. Hoping when they start chemo tomorrow it will reduce the distention.

Thankfully I have a zero turn mower so I put my IPOD on and ear protection and I'm off. Thankfully no one hears me crying or singing.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:06 PM

We hear you Ellwood...you are one very strong woman. Tomorrow is another day my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.