Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 05:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Oh Ellwood, my heart is heavy for you and your family. But he went with God, that is wonderful! And your fur-baby was there too plus your family. I will keep you in my prayers.....as elston said, lean on your family now and all of us here!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Ellwood. There is a tomorrow to death, though. Life can go on, according to the Bible.

Everyone have good Sunday's!

Old 06-18-2017, 09:52 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,796 times
No words, so very sorry for your tragic loss.

Prayers sent for healing your loss..

Regards, Stephanie

Old 06-18-2017, 04:21 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Dude is listed as "no longer a member." I have no idea what happened to have caused that.

Ok folks, Dude is still a member. I just found this post on the thread about missing CD members:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Dude111 is still an active member in good standing. He's just changed the line under his name to say Not A Member. Some people think it's clever to do that.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Dude111 - ya out there? We miss you and care about you!

Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 AM

Good morning everyone!
I think I managed to catch a cold---it's been a long time so it's bound to happen. It could be an allergy but it feels more like a cold! I'm taking lots of vitamins to help it go away before my trip. It should be enough time by then. Last thing I need is sinus problems when flying!

I was on the phone yesterday trying to get times and places set up to see my sisters. Also a good friend from high school will be visiting. I was hoping everyone could just come to my daughters home but my sister in the mountains probably can"t come that far. We'll see.
Bubba was sick all day yesterday....same thing again! I called the vet and he called m back last night and said we just have to keep doing what we are doing it's obviously a resistant strain...
Ellwood. I hope today is a better day for you. I know how hard this is..... You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm off the feed my neighbors critters--they are suppose to be home today sometime!
It rained hard with thunder and lightening last night and left a beautiful morning here. More rain on the way....
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,796 times
Question Hypothetical Diagnosis

Cyn, do canines get Clostridium Difficile (C. diff)?

Quote:
The symptoms of C. difficile colitis range from mild to severe. Watery diarrhea is the main symptom

http://http://www.emedicinehealth.co...f/page3_em.htm
Just wondering.. WOW!!!

Quote:
C. difficile can be found in a small percentage of healthy dogs and cats.
The strains of C. difficile in dogs and cats are almost always the same as those found in people. My lab has one of the largest collections of C. difficile around and we only have a couple of C. difficile isolates from dogs and cats that we have not found in people.
I have Clostridium difficile...Should my dog be tested? | Worms & Germs Blog
__________ __________________________ ____

Cyn I hope you have a wonderful trip visiting family and friends!!! As usual PLEASE try and get some rest!!!

How about a bubble bath or a long soak with Epson salts?
Light a candle, soft music....
You deserve it!!!
Gotta run.. Everyone else have a wonderful week!!

Regards, Stephanie

Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Thank you all for your comforting words. My heart is heavy yet I am blessed that we had so many wonderful years and memories to share. He told our friend that morning, "my bucket is full, it's time for me to go." Love to the wonderful loving people here!

Old 06-19-2017, 05:49 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Thank you all for your comforting words. My heart is heavy yet I am blessed that we had so many wonderful years and memories to share. He told our friend that morning, "my bucket is full, it's time for me to go." Love to the wonderful loving people here!
Thank You for sharing your wonderful husband and experience with us. We hold you in our hearts.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:16 AM

What a wonderful way for your DH to say his goodbys. I know this is a very difficult time but just know we care!
Feeling a bit better. Stayed in bed most of yesterday--which I never do!
Stephanie, I will mention this to my vet. It never hurts to look at all ideas!
Rained all night and more expected today. Think I'm growing gills! I have to drive about an hour to another town to get my cortisone shots today. Looking forward to some relief!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning