Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 04:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

Good morning all!
Cold rain here today--winter has finally come!
Got the dogs walked just before the rain really got going good! Yes!
Lots to get done today--trying to get a little ahead for the coming weeks.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:33 AM

815 posts, read 982,392 times
Good morning. Well, winter has arrived here in north Florida also. Chilly and rainy and expecting a hard freeze on Saturday night. We usually only get one or two frosts/freezes each winter, but I have to cover all my plants and that is a lot of work.

I will say that the cooler weather makes it feel more holiday-ish It was mid 80's here last week.

Cyn, it sounds like you are getting everything taken care of for your surgery. Good plan to just take one day at a time.

Take care everyone!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 AM

354 posts, read 416,027 times
Hi Cynn and everyone, wishing you all "Happy Holidays".

Cynn, I wish you the very best on your upcoming operation.

I broke my L3 vertebrae three weeks ago. Ten fractures in six years. I suffer from severe osteoporosis.

I do my best.

Hugs to all everyone!!!

Old 12-09-2017, 04:33 AM

Thank you Molly and Granite. Sorry to hear about your osteoporosis. It seems most of us struggle with something!
Sounds like you are very busy caring for your plants Molly. Good luck.
We actually had a couple of inches of snow but it didn't last long. At least I am now not working until this surgery is over and healed up! I think I have my house pretty winterized--at least I hope so.
Had a heck of a time convincing Bubba to go out and walk in the snow last night. He was not one bit happy about it! We made it a quick trip!
Hope everyone has a safe lovely day!

Old 12-09-2017, 05:07 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
We had a thndr and lightning storm in the wee hours....all dogs awake and alert.....me too.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:17 AM

I hear you elston....my dogs do not sleep through lightening and thunder storms so I don't either!
I wanted to mention keeping California in your prayers and thoughts today. My girlfriend and daughter have both said they have never seen winds this bad and so many firestorms. It's really horrible!

Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 AM

I saw some pictures on the news showing the fires. It looked terrifying! My heart breaks for all the people and animals who are dealing with this.

Yes, cyn, I will be busy today protecting my plants. I LOVE plants/flowers, and I probably have 20-30 pots/planters scattered around my decks and porches. If I lived a few hours south, I wouldn't have to worry about frost/freeze, and it seems like a lot of work to save them from the frost, but well worth it because they are so beautiful and easy to care for most of the year.

I kind of wish that since it's going to be so cold anyway that we'd get a little bit of snow. It happens very rarely here in north Florida, but it is pretty (as long as it melts quickly!)

So you are done with work until after your surgery? That's great that you don't have to keep stressing your injury. When is the surgery scheduled?

Hang in there, Granite. Your positive attitude is inspiring.

Elston, sorry your doggies woke you early. I recommend a nap

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:48 AM

I pick up my girlfriend at the airport tomorrow at 5:30am in Charlotte and my surgery is Wednesday. Won't know the time until the day before when I was told to call for the time. I hope all of these hour changes don't mess Bubba up cause he has been doing really good. I will pray for the best. It's the waiting that is hard. To much time to think. I wish I could clean more but my left arm is sore from being overworked already. My right arm is really very limited! I have never felt so useless! Hopefully after the surgery I will be able to get on with my life in a usual fashion!
It's 27 degrees this morning. A cold walk for me and the dogs! I think my house is pretty much winterized---least I hope so.
Yes Molly, the fires are bad....my heart goes out to everyone in them and the wonderful firefighters fighting them!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:22 AM

Oh, I guess I didn't realize your surgery was so soon. Good for you for getting it scheduled. I know you will be relieved to get it over and done with.

It was 30 here this morning. I did get all the plants moved into the sunroom and a small greenhouse I have. The ones that were too big to move I covered with blankets.
Another night in the low 30's tonight, then we will warm up to more normal temperatures.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:06 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Good Golly Molly, that is cold for Florida!

We got into the 40's last night which is also cold for SWFL.

Cyn, I am glad you dont have long to wait and worry. This so needs to be done....long over-do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.