Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 04:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Life sounds good for you elston! That's wonderful.
Molly, to be honest Joyce does not like long underwear but is wearing them!
I am getting really tired of this sling! It's really getting old fast! I am so blessed but still struggling to stay "up". I suppose that is pretty normal under the circumstances.
Joyce and I took a nice ride to the local state park and then to this huge antique store. It helped to relax me and Joyce was able to take some pictures and get a couple souvenirs.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:40 AM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning. Its almost new years eve. The party type of celebration is in my past....but I still look forward to the holiday. We will watch the new year in with Anderson Cooper in Time Square (him....not us!) and have some snacks. I probably won't make it till midnight but will leave the TV on (my DH will watch most of it). I put some black-eyed peas in a bowl to soak and will make a version of "Hoppin John" tomorrow for New Years day. It is supposed to be good luck to eat blackeyed peas on the first of the year...will probably stay with the theme and make corn bread and bake a small ham or fry country ham. Time will tell.

Lets watch for a good new year for everyone.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:58 AM

815 posts, read 981,046 times
Good morning all.

Yes, cyn, I can imagine that a sling would be very annoying and inconvenient. How long do you have to wear it?
That is wonderful that you can still enjoy the holidays elston. It is good to have traditions. My husband is a huge college football fan (University of Michigan) so New Years is about watching bowl games at our house.
Also, you might want to cover your plants. Looks like lows in the upper 20's for you Thursday and Friday

Elko, what's new in your area? Haven't heard anything about your blind kitty or your son or your new car search. Is the job still going good? How is Mrs. Elko?

Old 12-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Good morning all.

Yes, cyn, I can imagine that a sling would be very annoying and inconvenient. How long do you have to wear it?
That is wonderful that you can still enjoy the holidays elston. It is good to have traditions. My husband is a huge college football fan (University of Michigan) so New Years is about watching bowl games at our house.
Also, you might want to cover your plants. Looks like lows in the upper 20's for you Thursday and Friday

Elko, what's new in your area? Haven't heard anything about your blind kitty or your son or your new car search. Is the job still going good? How is Mrs. Elko?
I cant believe it is going to be in the 20's must be some mistake!

I just checked and its below average most of the week but the coldest is Thursday AM it is predicted to get to 39* Thats cold for us. I cant really cover my plants anyway....they are landscape plantings

Old 12-30-2017, 01:54 PM

Weird. I did a quick search earlier today for weather in your area, and it definitely said lows of 28 on Thurs and Friday. But then I checked the official Weather Channel site and it says 38 for a low. A freeze in your area would be very unusual! But you might have to wear long pants

As far as your plants, up here we cover our landscaping plants with blankets if it gets really cold. Most are only hardy to 30 degrees, so anything below that they need a little extra protection. This method only failed me once, about 3 years ago when it dipped to 19 degrees here for several hours. No way to keep the plants warm enough for that long

Old 12-30-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Weird. I did a quick search earlier today for weather in your area, and it definitely said lows of 28 on Thurs and Friday. But then I checked the official Weather Channel site and it says 38 for a low. A freeze in your area would be very unusual! But you might have to wear long pants

As far as your plants, up here we cover our landscaping plants with blankets if it gets really cold. Most are only hardy to 30 degrees, so anything below that they need a little extra protection. This method only failed me once, about 3 years ago when it dipped to 19 degrees here for several hours. No way to keep the plants warm enough for that long
I will keep my eye out for the cold.....I cant imagine 28 * down here and near the coast....but maybe????
I may wear long pants tomorrow to my Quaker meeting.....but it will probably be too warm by the time meeting is over. We'll see. 19 would be a real problem. But I think the palms are cold hardy.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:20 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
mollybygolly it's going well over here on Lake Chelan. My job is going well, the puppies are doing well, the Pomeranian needs a teeth cleaning and possibly a tooth extraction it two. We'll find out soon.

It's been cold and snowy lately. The Property Management Company has had to call a guy to come to our driveway and plow it several times of late. We are above the freezing level.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
mollybygolly it's going well over here on Lake Chelan. My job is going well, the puppies are doing well, the Pomeranian needs a teeth cleaning and possibly a tooth extraction it two. We'll find out soon.

It's been cold and snowy lately. The Property Management Company has had to call a guy to come to our driveway and plow it several times of late. We are above the freezing level.

Thanks for the update, elko

Old 12-31-2017, 04:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning everyone!
Joyce and I have been taking several drives around the area just to get out and keep sane! It's so cold and no warming during the day much so that is hard too.
Not sure about today since everything is closed but we can still take another drive. Hope it didn't freeze at your place elston and thanks for letting us know how you are doing elko.
Have a blessed day everyone.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:26 AM

Well, cyn, you and Joyce are doing better than I am.....lol.
I have only left the house once since Christmas day. Definitely planning to be more "social" in 2018, once the holiday hoopla is completely finished. We might even go see a movie next week, if anything good is playing. Maybe the Star Wars one? Not a huge fan, but the special effects always look good on the big screen.

I hope everyone has a great New Years eve and day, doing whatever it is that makes you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.