Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 09:04 AM

48,221 posts, read 22,041,009 times

Advertisements

step by step cyn. Your arm is getting better than you can remember. It was the condition of your arm that was your biggest problem....now its not. You have dealt with loneliness and pain at the same time ... now the pain and incapacity is much reduced and will be more and more so.......with the energy that is freed up.....perhaps you will be able to expand your social situation.

Your animals are indeed getting older..............cyn at some point you may have to make that hardest of decisions.....and release them. When my DH and I made the decison not to go to the canine oncologist and not to aggressively treat McKenzie's cancer.....we all seemed to relax a bit including her. I dread the day I notice her quality of life is in decline and I have to call the vet to "release her" but in truth she isnt mine to hold on to ..... she has rights and those include her dignity and comfort....and as her "owner" I will have to release her.

Cyn......take a breath.....deep and acknowledge that we are are held in love and mystery greater than we will ever know.....and that includes Bubba and the rest of your fur babies. Trust in that love and mystery....."All Will Be Well and all manner of things will be well again....I know"

Old 01-29-2018, 10:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times
Crying knowing what you say is so true. Yes, it hurts but there will always be that "circle of life". We cannot change that.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:18 PM

587 posts, read 225,940 times
Ahhhhh its OK honey....... If I could I would give ya the biggest hug you ever had and try to help you be happier......... Im so sorry.. i know its hard

Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 AM

Woke up at 2am..earlier then planned but decided to get up and at least walk my dogs. Joyce was packed and we left the house at about 3:30am. Just before we left it started snowing but it was a quickie! So now here I sit with my dogs wondering what is ahead.....I do have my therapist appointment at 11am so that will be helpful.
Thanks Sandy for caring and the hugs..need that right now!
Hope everyone enjoys this day!

Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 AM

I hope ya feel a little better today CYN,you have alot of ppl who love and care about you.... I think you realise that

Old 01-30-2018, 07:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,523,382 times
cyn - I love and care about you, and I am one of several others on here. I know you will make the right decision on end-of-life care with your babies. We thought we were losing Cotey (the 13 y/o Pomeranian) day before last. He threw up and we now think that he aspirated (choked on his vomit). He was starting to guppy-breathe, and, as a Respiratory Therapist, if the patient is in the hospital, we tube 'em and put them on a mechanical ventilator so the machine "breathes" for them. Then we suction out their secretions as required, give them breathing treatments, watch them like a hawk, and the nurses follow doctor's orders with antibiotic drips and whatever else doc thinks is necessary. That's where my training falls short - my training is in the lungs and heart - and now sleep studies - so I know our little guy was struggling. I just massaged his lungs while he was struggling - told him I loved him and Mommy loves him - and told him that he was going to be all right. He laid very low that day, Sunday. Yesterday we took the Chow Chow Meggy May and Cotey in for their kennel cough shots in preparation for boarding them if we need in the future. Temporary boarding, of course. Cotey did much better yesterday, the aspiration effects seemed to be gone. Poor little guy - he's surrounded by love, though.

cyn - may God Bless you with His Love and Countenance. You are a survivor and your animals and all of us are blessed to know you, even if many of us here only know you online. Have a fantastic day - you're doing very, very well!!

Hello to all of the rest of you out there! Have good Tuesday's!

Old 01-30-2018, 05:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 7,215,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
cyn - may God Bless you with His Love and Countenance. You are a survivor and your animals and all of us are blessed to know you, even if many of us here only know you online. Have a fantastic day - you're doing very, very well!!

Hello to all of the rest of you out there! Have good Tuesday's!
Thanks for sharing God here. I know people have different preferences, and I for one want to be sensitive to different beliefs. But as someone who shares these sentiments, it is good to see your words here on this forum.

Sending loving wishes tonight (Tuesday), and to the day ahead (Wednesday). If anyone's having a hard time through the night, a new day is around the corner. The sun always rises, and a new day dawns, with hope. Each day we can start anew!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:42 AM

So many people post such lovely positive posts. I thank you all!
I was awake a lot of the night...I slept yesterday afternoon so I guess that made it hard to sleep last night. I was also thinking about work today...remembering my pass codes to the register and to clock in. I think I have it all figured out but I still had it on my mind!
Yesterday was difficult but all the posts here sure helped!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 01-31-2018, 06:35 AM

Im glad this thread helps ya CYN.... I wish we could do more for ya!!

I hope your day goes good

Old 01-31-2018, 10:25 AM

You do a lot Sandy, just by posting so many nice things!! Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.