Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 05:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,340,390 times

Advertisements

Molly, you sound like you are feeling a lot like me. I agree, we can't let it ruin our lives....but it is a constant job to keep it under control. With me the loss of my husband was the beginning--he took care of so much that now I am having take care of. I get tired faster now and also my arm has made doing things even harder! Living on my income only has been a huge change too. I'm just having to work at living and not just existing! My animals help me with that!
A good morning to you elston and everyone else!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,522,027 times
Make sure you take advantage of all the pension, social security accounts, etc., available to you, cyn. Sounds like such an obvious thing, but necessary, too. Hope your shoulder is healing and that you're doing the best you can these days.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:27 PM

48,219 posts, read 22,039,104 times
Good to see you elko..........hope all is well with you and yours.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:10 AM

Good morning everyone! Didn't sleep much last night and when I did I had some strange dreams. It was in the 60's so it was warmer then I am use to---maybe that was a part of the problem.
Went out to dinner with my friend yesterday afternoon..we had a good time. He is a nice person!
Work this afternoon....it been very slow there--sure hope business picks up soon!
Yes it is good to hear from you elko! Hope all is well there.
Have a blessed day one and all!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 AM

815 posts, read 984,811 times
Good morning!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:49 AM

Good morning Molly!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:54 AM

RIP Rev Billy Graham---you will be missed but never forgotten!!

Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM

48,219 posts, read 22,039,104 times
I had a Dr's appointment this morning at 8.

He reviewed my meds, ordered lab work to monitor them and told me to d/c one for a week. It has a side effect of "muscle weakness" and I complained of that.

He said that after a week of not taking it..I should tell if I feel any better/stronger. If so.....just d/c it altogether. It is to lower cholesterol, and he doesn't really think cholesterol levels are very significant anyway. He said, No research to show there is any correlation between high cholesterol and life expectancy or frequency of heart attacks. He says the pharmaceutical companies targeted cholesterol and have made millions on the drugs to lower it....without any research showing it makes any real difference to health. (Why did he put me on it then?)

He did suggest my weight and sodium intake were of more concern.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:45 PM

23,621 posts, read 70,547,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I had a Dr's appointment this morning at 8.

He reviewed my meds, ordered lab work to monitor them and told me to d/c one for a week. It has a side effect of "muscle weakness" and I complained of that.

He said that after a week of not taking it..I should tell if I feel any better/stronger. If so.....just d/c it altogether. It is to lower cholesterol, and he doesn't really think cholesterol levels are very significant anyway. He said, No research to show there is any correlation between high cholesterol and life expectancy or frequency of heart attacks. He says the pharmaceutical companies targeted cholesterol and have made millions on the drugs to lower it....without any research showing it makes any real difference to health. (Why did he put me on it then?)

He did suggest my weight and sodium intake were of more concern.
You have an informed doctor if he/she was willing to let you stop. When statins were suggested to me, I did research and immediately responded with a "no thanks." IF you have had a heart attack or IF your calcium score is high, then by all means consider them. Otherwise, the horror stories, some of which come from people close to me, made me realize that you HAVE to be your own advocate. To drive that point home, consider the opioid epidemic - PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS. I had a fractured vertebrae and was prescribed those things. What I discovered was that the pain from the fracture had been trying to keep me from overextending, and I had the same amount of pain or more when I decided to stop the meds in a couple of weeks. Doctors are not gods. Drugs are not saviors. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 AM

Yes elston, sounds like my feelings towards the bone medications. My doctor did agree to try things my way even agreeing the medications have lots of problems. Happy you are giving this a try and that it helps!
I can't believe I slept in until almost 6am! That is unheard of for me. Almost scared me....guess I was just very tired. I did a lot of work at the store last night.
Hope everyone enjoys their day today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning