Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 02:43 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

of course you are welcome cyn. Rest now.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:26 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
What I would like to know is why I get so panicked over things I have no control over and that would have never bothered me before--at least not to this extent! I suppose it's partially because I am the sole person to take care of everything here now and have never been in that situation. It is a scary place. One step at a time.....
I'm like that too. Not all the time, but sometimes a little something will put me into panic mode. In my case I think hormones don't help.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Cyn,

I use to be a worry wart when my husband was alive because he rarely worried so I took it upon myself to be the worry wart. Never did me any good but I gave myself that responsibility. When my husband died I felt nothing in my life could ever have that kind of emotional impact on me again, meaning nothing could be that worse, than losing him. My financial security isn't all that steady but for some reason I have the money to carry on, if I need money it suddenly finds its way to me. I went from one extreme to another. I have had way too much loss and things happen to me that impacted my life, that I seldom worry but I do get monkey brain once in awhile but it is not the result of worrying. But, we all worry, it is part of being human. Worrying I feel helps us plan into the future. Sending you all of my best.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
That's opposite of my DH and me--he was the worrier....maybe I just took over that position but I sure don't like it. I keep reminding myself it is out of my hands---let God take over for awhile etc. And in the end all the worry doesn't help one bit--I know that but I still find myself in panic mode way more then I should.
I went to a special Valentine's luncheon today that Hospice put on so no one would feel alone for Valentines Day tomorrow. I was amazed at how many people were there and we had these 4year old school children singing us songs. It was very nice. Then I stopped by the college to look into classes for nurses aids, went to the senior center to see what they had to offer and then grocery shopping. I am tired.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:11 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Nurses Aid? that sounds like a good prospect to persue cyn.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:48 PM

Yes elston--especially in this area. Imagine that! I could either do home care or work out of the hospital. I'm leaning towards the home care. It's just a couple of months of training at the local community college and not a lot of $$. Hospice pointed out to me since I've had a lot of practice even dealing with the tube feedings and vent that I would be really set apart from many as they don't always teach that in the courses. That is a plus. And I choose my hours and the pay is not bad especially if I go to school and get credentials. I'm seriously considering it. I thought it may bother me but the more I think about it the more it doesn't seem like it would. I'd be disconnected and it would not be like with my DH. Sure it would bother me if and when someone passes but I really think I can deal with it. I'm giving it a little more time so my head is in working order but it is a real serious consideration.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Yes, take your time, but I'm sure it could be a great option. You would not only have experience, but would also be able to relate to the family's feelings and help them deal with it.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:36 AM

I agree on all you said Sudcaro--taking my time is the big thing. If I rush into anything I already know it will overwhelm me since I am already overwhelmed. That is why I am just looking into it right at this time. Timing is everything right now.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:20 AM

Looks like we are in for some really bad weather--just not what we need right now but it comes and it goes so guess we just have to deal with it. I am really trying to list some things, they are Christmas things so I know they probably won't do much but I have to try. I feel so sad today so I think maybe a nice walk with BuBu before it cools off to much may help. I am ready to get off this roller coaster ride that is for sure. I know most people go through this but now I have a lot more appreciation and respect for them...its' tough! I talked to Amber and she is set on having me come out to visit for a week or so...I'm sure my neighbors will care for my critters but I'm still scared to leave here...not sure why---guess I just feel secure here and I know all is being taken care of properly! Ha! Letting go is hard to do!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:54 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That's opposite of my DH and me--he was the worrier....maybe I just took over that position but I sure don't like it. I keep reminding myself it is out of my hands---let God take over for awhile etc. And in the end all the worry doesn't help one bit--I know that but I still find myself in panic mode way more then I should.
I went to a special Valentine's luncheon today that Hospice put on so no one would feel alone for Valentines Day tomorrow. I was amazed at how many people were there and we had these 4year old school children singing us songs. It was very nice. Then I stopped by the college to look into classes for nurses aids, went to the senior center to see what they had to offer and then grocery shopping. I am tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.