Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 06:22 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was not better but at least now I am learning how car dealers work but it still hurts. It's all about making money. It's going to take time. Meantime I do have a nice truck to drive. I didn't sleep well at all last night--up and down all night. Guess just had a lot on my mind. At one point I dreamed I was under water and couldn't breath. Scary! The therapist from Hospice is stopping by Monday to talk. I need that and am looking forward to it. Right now I am just taking each day as it comes.....
Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 PM

I guess I jumped on my sister a bit today--she called me and was complaining how her husband left a dirty spoon on the island in the kitchen after she had cleaned everything so nicely and I told her how little that mattered really--think about not having him around to hold her or to love her and that a silly dirty spoon was really nothing to get upset about. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings but really..I'd take a ton of those dirty spoons just to have my DH back to love and hold me!

Old 10-11-2014, 04:10 PM

Very quiet here today I hope everyone is out enjoying a lovely Saturday! The rain has stopped and the sky is blue with big fluffy clouds and the most beautiful rainbow------a beautiful sight!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-11-2014 at 04:19 PM..

Old 10-11-2014, 07:07 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I guess I jumped on my sister a bit today--she called me and was complaining how her husband left a dirty spoon on the island in the kitchen after she had cleaned everything so nicely and I told her how little that mattered really--think about not having him around to hold her or to love her and that a silly dirty spoon was really nothing to get upset about. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings but really..I'd take a ton of those dirty spoons just to have my DH back to love and hold me!
You reacted to your sister's comment/complaint about her husband exactly the way I would have in your shoes. Sometimes it's a good thing to put such things in context, and realize that it's never a good idea to take our loved ones for granted.

I hope you're able to take things a little easy today and get some rest as you can. How are your critters- especially the under the weather kitties doing, and your tooth?

We're kind of slogging along here like sniffling coughing zombies- I brought home a respiratory crud a couple days ago, which involves a big-time headache, sore throat, and plugged up sinuses, with an out-of-it feeling as well as sleepiness. My daughter ( who starts a new job Monday) picked it up and I think my DH has been fighting it off for a couple days. Looks like it was a beautiful day outside, though, probably hot though- I didn't stick my nose out the door today and I didn't care if I did.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. I slept so soundly last night.....I had a busy day and was outside most of the day and was exhausted when I got home. (It was all good!) Now I have to get ready for church.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:19 AM

I am so sorry you feel so poorly TL. Guess it's that time of year. I think I had a bad can of chili because I had a very upset tummy all evening but it's fine today. Weird dreams again--this time I was so exhausted and frustrated trying to figure out this new wheelchair that had a feeding tube attached for my DH. Then I woke up and thought I have no reason for that chair! Just all part of the memories of years past I guess. Anyhow it is drizzly out today but I am still going to go to church. Then I have to go to the store and get more cat food. For some reason they are really picky lately so I'll get a wider variety. My tooth is great, the dentist was able to get the bone out so the pain was instantly gone. I had my checkup and only have one very tiny filling that needs to be refilled but not a big deal. That was all good news and he is setting me up on a 6 months check up regime to keep things in order! I am looking very forward to talking to the therapist tomorrow. I just think being able to talk will somehow help!
Hope you feel better today TL and for everyone else enjoy your Sunday!

Old 10-12-2014, 06:29 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Good morning everyone.

Cyn, I'm sure talking to that therapist will feel great. There's nothing like talking to someone who is physically there. Moreover, they know how to help with people's grief. Just don't be afraid to cry and let it all out in front of that person.
Big hugs!

Old 10-12-2014, 11:57 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am so sorry you feel so poorly TL. Guess it's that time of year. I think I had a bad can of chili because I had a very upset tummy all evening but it's fine today. Weird dreams again--this time I was so exhausted and frustrated trying to figure out this new wheelchair that had a feeding tube attached for my DH. Then I woke up and thought I have no reason for that chair! Just all part of the memories of years past I guess. Anyhow it is drizzly out today but I am still going to go to church. Then I have to go to the store and get more cat food. For some reason they are really picky lately so I'll get a wider variety. My tooth is great, the dentist was able to get the bone out so the pain was instantly gone. I had my checkup and only have one very tiny filling that needs to be refilled but not a big deal. That was all good news and he is setting me up on a 6 months check up regime to keep things in order! I am looking very forward to talking to the therapist tomorrow. I just think being able to talk will somehow help!
Hope you feel better today TL and for everyone else enjoy your Sunday!
Thanks! I'm feeling better, enough to get things done, and the dumb thing will run its course, LOL. Now my DH has it so I guess it's pretty contagious. We're lucky we can fight these things off and I usually don't have anything pressing that can't, for the most part, wait till I take a nap when I feel the need! It's really great how restorative sleep can be, even if it's just a short nap.

I'm not surprised at all by your mentioning "wierd dreams"- your DH and everything you both went through with his ALS are still very much on your mind- I always figure that maybe those dreams are your mind's way of reconciling unresolved issues in your mind- or at least looking at them ( my very amateur assessment of dreams, LOL). Those dreams don't even have to make any sense, but they're dreams and it's a relief to wake up and whatever it was is solved because it was just a dream and not reality!

I've had a series of recurring dreams for as long as I can remember about mostly my recent past, but also sometimes include memories of childhood or young adulthood. They usually involve something I'm expected to but am unable to accomplish in the dream, and half the time the dreams make no sense. I've always said those dreams must be catching up with my real life- I'm up to the job I retired from three years ago, where I'm trying to do that job but I don't have the tools, don't know why I am there because I know I'm retired, and I can't do the job. In the last dream I told the folks who I know replaced me in that job it was up to them, not me to do the job and to stop pushing the work on me and then I left. Guess I am resolving whatever unresolved issues I had with that- not that I could consciously figure out what those issues were. In talking to other folks about dreams, I think these kinds of dreams aren't uncommon, and there must be a reason we have them. Even if it's to talk and laugh about them the next day!

I'm so happy to hear that your gum/tooth is better- having a bone spur sticking out of a gum sounded mighty scary, painful and for sure a source of ongoing infection, maybe even systemic, and bone loss in the jaw. I've had similar issues so I know how bad that can be. They've told me that brushing, flossing, and mouthwash twice a day, and 6 month checkups will do a lot to help that and that's been the case for me- they found apparently the bone I had lost under the abscessed ( even with a root canal) molar is growing back in!

It'll do you a world of good to talk to the therapist tomorrow, as Sudcaro said, there's nothing like a face to face real person to talk to, vent, and even cry as you need to. The therapist will understand and is there to help you through the process. I can imagine how much you're looking forward to it.

Be safe on those damp roads if you venture out for critter food in that drizzly weather, and take care of yourself, dear Cyn...((((hugs)))))

Old 10-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Thanks to you both! I did go to church at 8:30am and met up with my neighbors there and we sat together. I liked that--it felt good not to be alone. I'm heading back out to go to the grief group at the same church to see what that is like. I feel pretty anxious and I'm not sure why. It's not the meeting it's just me today--maybe the drizzly weather. It could also still be the tummy issues still--just a little but it's still there! Ugh! Anyhow time to get ready to go. I think I agree with your ideas regarding dreams TL. Sounds good to me!

Old 10-12-2014, 03:52 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
It must have been nice to go to the church this morning and meet up with your neighbors. That is such an essential part of re-emerging into life and into the life of the community.

It sounds natural to be anxious about going off to the grief group. That is an uncomfortable and vulnerable role to assume...especially with strangers. The thing to remember is that if the group is well run.....the people soon won't be strangers...and if for some reason you realize that it isn't for you.....you don't have to continue....its up to you.

Good Luck my friend.

PS I doubt you had a "bad can" of chili--unless it was dented and bulging.....but I must say Hormel's chili some times "repeats" for me....even tho I love it, especially with or on a hot dog. I don't learn and after awhile...I go back for more--with chopped onion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.