Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 03:02 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

I woke up before 3 am. worried about the hurricane and my kids in Mt Pleasant S C

They may have dodged the bullet....candles burning on family altar

Good Morning to everyone and prayers for all in the path of this hurricane

Old 09-11-2018, 03:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I am very concerned although like you said elston nothing we can do about it. I think I am pretty prepared although I am concerned about my roof. It is getting up there in age! Also I work nights on Friday and Saturday! God willing we won't get it as bad as they are predicting! I need to go and stock up on a few things just in case.....
I did work last night but it was difficult since I just am still not feeling well. I will be so happy once this medication's effects leaves my body but I still have the other half to stop--just not now!
We've been getting those typical wicked rain storms nightly here and lots of thunder and lightening so our ground is already saturated. I'll just be happy when this week is over and done!
I am blessed, I have a solid home, my animals and God!
Hope everyone is having a blessed day!

Old 09-11-2018, 10:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I would bet that you may not work at least Friday night, cyn. Florence is supposed to make land fall Friday night/Saturday morning and I just saw she is bigger than your whole state! Keeping elston's family in mind also. It's nearing Cat 5 now.

Elko, guess the missus will just have to accept the new car, huh? Not trusting your car is very nerve wracking. You live in Az? Anywhere in the SW is not a place to have a finicky vehicle.

Hagd, everyone.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Elko, guess the missus will just have to accept the new car, huh? Not trusting your car is very nerve wracking. You live in Az? Anywhere in the SW is not a place to have a finicky vehicle.

Hi, tsmizinluv. We're living in south-central New Mexico. We're 70 miles east of Las Cruces and 90 miles north of
El Paso, TX. Yeah, I'm pretty much decided as the only driver and only breadwinner in our family that I want a different vehicle. I've really got a built-in "it's time to replace" meter for automobiles in my brain. It's pretty automatic for me. On the extreme positive side, Mrs.elkotronics and I are going to be living in a wonderful ride for the next several years.

Last edited by elkotronics; 09-11-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 09-12-2018, 04:36 AM

Elko I would say that your wife enables you to be "the breadwinner" thru her support and willingness to move about the country and all the packing and planning that entails. She may not get paid but she is working so that you can go to your paid employment. You may well be the best judge of when its time to buy a car.....but those decisions effect her too.

Saying a prayer for all in harms way from Hurricane Florence. (That was my mild-mannered Nana's name.) lol

Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Elko I would say that your wife enables you to be "the breadwinner" thru her support and willingness to move about the country and all the packing and planning that entails. She may not get paid but she is working so that you can go to your paid employment. You may well be the best judge of when its time to buy a car.....but those decisions effect her too.

Saying a prayer for all in harms way from Hurricane Florence. (That was my mild-mannered Nana's name.) lol
That was my quiet, proper, grandmother’s name, too.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That was my quiet, proper, grandmother’s name, too.
Here's to the Florences....the proper and mild-mannered ones.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
That was the name of one of Dad's older sisters.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

elston - thanks for your comments. Yes, she is affected by my decisions. I guess I thought about it thoroughly and decided that Dave Ramsey's method of paying cash for everything was a nice suggestion, but, the splaying of how money gets spent feels like I might as well go for the car I want now. I thoroughly enjoy driving and this Nissan Sentra SR Turbo would be the perfect car for me.

Another nice feature of the car I really thought was thoughtful of Nissan: it's got a quiet cabin. At 70 mph the cabin is as quiet as an Audi 4 sedan. The way Nissan did that is really interesting, too. They did it by making the windows thicker! I thought that was really cool. I really like Nissan and their building of automobiles - I've been studying them for months and months now.

Thanks for your thoughts - Sunday, September 16th is the day I plan on heading west to go get the car. I will let you guys know if I have a change of heart.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Florence is coming and I still have to go get a few more items....I work today so will get them while I go out. I got my generator running yesterday--it is small but will keep the refrigerator running if necessary. My neighbor got it going so I told him he could also use it--we'd just share it! I have put off buying real food so that is on my list today too. Think I should pay my bills today too since I have my phone and that is how I do it. I just pray our electricity is not out for to long! Guess we can only do what we can do.
I may be MIA if our electricity goes out for awhile so hope you all stay well and have many blessed days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.