Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,228,130 times

Advertisements

Tonight I am having a hard time to find the purpose to live. In a matter of seven weeks, I lost my first dog (we were extremely tight) and five weeks later, I lost my second dog (they were sisters) took a cruise (from hell) with my former roommate and former best friend and they treated me like the mean girls from high school. I had to evict the roommate due to her disrespect for me. My best friend, we were friends for 25 years and we parted ways. When I would come home both my dogs were there to greet me at the door and cry and cry they were so happy to see me as I was them. Now the house is dead still, the only sound I hear are my own sobs. So much loss and drama at one time, it is hard for me to feel like I want to live. I am going to try to see my Doctor tomorrow to see if she can write a referral for me to see someone to talk to. I am doing all I can do to survive and keep my will for living. I have no family nor close friends nearby. Wow, these past two years really have been the pits. Just needed to vent. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:03 PM

33,028 posts, read 36,600,211 times
Oh, Smilin, I'm here. I'm sorry that there was no one to greet you at the door. If I were there, I would have told you to sit down, kick off your shoes and waited on you.

I have one relative here. The other ones don't count (in laws) because we haven't talked in years. Since my life has taken a turn for the worse, most of my 'friends' have dropped me.

Evenings and nights are the worst. It's the quiet hours when only those in your house are available to you that can seem quite lonely.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,434,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Tonight I am having a hard time to find the purpose to live. In a matter of seven weeks, I lost my first dog (we were extremely tight) and five weeks later, I lost my second dog (they were sisters) took a cruise (from hell) with my former roommate and former best friend and they treated me like the mean girls from high school. I had to evict the roommate due to her disrespect for me. My best friend, we were friends for 25 years and we parted ways. When I would come home both my dogs were there to greet me at the door and cry and cry they were so happy to see me as I was them. Now the house is dead still, the only sound I hear are my own sobs. So much loss and drama at one time, it is hard for me to feel like I want to live. I am going to try to see my Doctor tomorrow to see if she can write a referral for me to see someone to talk to. I am doing all I can do to survive and keep my will for living. I have no family nor close friends nearby. Wow, these past two years really have been the pits. Just needed to vent. Thanks so much.
You're feeling a lot of sadness and loneliness from the grief of death of your loved ones.

Healing from the pain of loss brings you strength when you know you will to survive.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:55 AM

48,309 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Dear Smilinpretty,

I was so sorry to read your post. I knew you had been thru lots of losses and struggling, but I wasn't aware of how despondent you were feeling.

By all means talk to your doctor about how you are feeling!

I know that there are lots of pros and cons.....but I am still going to recommend that you get a new pet....either a cat or a dog. Not to "replace" the one who died.........we cant replace the unique love that grows between family members....but we can open our hearts and allow love to grow. That's the difference between having a "broken heart".....and having your heart "break open". My advice is to let your heart break...open!.

It isn't disrespectful of the departed...it is an acknowledgement of how important they were and are to you.

I cant imagine coming into my home without my "girls" to greet me. When I have lost a dog in the past.....it was awful....so I started getting "overlapping dogs" so I wouldn't be in that situation.

PS I wouldn't recommend a puppy.....but there are so many good dogs who desperately need a forever home...who are hard to find a home for...because they aren't puppies. There are dogs who have been surrendered because their family was moving or breaking up; there are dogs whose trusted friend has died and there is no one in the family to take them. The same is true of cats. At my age it would be foolish to get a puppy now....it would out live me in all probability......but I know that I can always give a "forever home" a second chance at love for an older animal.

Even a parakeet can be a companion. My Nana loved her budgie....and it recognized her and gave kisses and talked to her.

Last edited by elston; 09-18-2014 at 04:47 AM..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM

Hi Elston,

Thank you Elson and everyone that responded. I guess I am going through a period of feeling sorry for myself. I can't fight out of this box I am in, the poor me syndrome. I am a person that doesn't like change and so many changes and adaptations.
Elston, I think you are right. I just can't go through what I am going through. I just can' fight myself out of this paper bag, deep depression has had me stymied.

Thank you for your kindness.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:48 AM

48,309 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Smilin' Please do talk to your doctor and see if she can refer you to a counselor. It is important that you do this. Today!

Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 AM

TY Elston, I have a appointment to see her in a few hours.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Smilin', the door is open at my room. Why haven't you entered? We have been waiting for you!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Hi Tami,

I remember you inviting me to your room and I accepted but I have no link. Thank you for thinking of me.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Hi Tami,

I remember you inviting me to your room and I accepted but I have no link. Thank you for thinking of me.
DUH!!!??? Sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning