Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 10:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,319,133 times

Advertisements

I have a question that may be more of an etiquette question.

My father died of cancer a week ago. It was a horrible week for the most part as I dropped everything and drove 9 hours to be with my mother and handle arrangements.

Anyway, we had the memorial service on Saturday and it was rather rushed, but went well with over 100 people attending. I did the obituary, but we hadn't thought about donations that people might want to give in my father's name. A few people did ask me where they could donate.

My dad's cancer was most likely caused by his exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam, but I couldn't find any charity related to AO in the U.S. They were all helping people in Vietnam. So I'm thinking of letting people know that a donation to the Spina Bifida Association would be something my father would appreciate. This is because my brother (in very poor health) has Spina Bifida and it was caused by my father's AO exposure.

Now for the question. Should I contact the Spina Bifida Association and let them know people will be donating on behalf of my father? I know it would be nice to send out a link to a SBA site that acknowledged people were donating for my father, but I doubt that could happen. Is it OK just to send out a link to the SBA donation page?

And yes, I know this is a legitimate organization where the donations will do good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,030,823 times
Truly sorry about your father! Agent Orange in Vietnam- Regarding that better you contact US veteran office they can guide you where to donate! I can find out more information if you want. DM me if so please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning