Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 07:06 AM

36 posts, read 33,739 times

Advertisements

My husband was hit from behind by a 16 yr old distracted driver. He got a broken neck, c-2 c-3 and kidney issues. He went through so much pain, and just when we though it was over, we went to start to build a new home, and start our retirement. On the day when we were to sign the contract, he had back pains so we called the kidney Dr. thinking that was the problem.He told us to go to the ER, by the end of the day they told us he had cancer.He fought a long hard fight,chemo, stem cell transplant,and
radiation. ''ON AND ON.'' We had hospice, they were wonderful to us. The night he passed, I had a nurse with me. I was sleeping on the sofa next to him, and he was in the bed next to me,And the nurse, at the foot of the bed. At about 2.30 in the morning, I woke up crying my husband dying, my husband dying, the lights were out the nurse was sleeping on the chair. I remember her asking me if I was dreaming. I said no my husband is dying,and she put the lights on. I walked over to his bed, and he was sweating, and pale his breathing slow he was dying. I got so close to his face, told him how much I loved him, how good a husband he was to me,and thanked him for his love. I saw him take his last breath, just heart wrenching, .HE WAS GONE. But the more I thought about it,as time has passed, I got a gift, to be by his side, to hold him, tell of my love for him one last time. I was blessed. And I was blessed, to have a wonderful man in my life,for 25 yrs. and one night while I was crying so hard I heard him say Deb that was it, but it was his voice .I believe with all my heart, he heard my pain and tried to comfort me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 10:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times
I'm sorry, bailygirl. (((Hugs)))

Old 07-08-2015, 08:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
I am so sorry for your loss. But like you, I am glad that you see the blessing in the pain.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:49 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,126,106 times
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a gift and a blessing to have someone in our lives that we love and they love us. I agree with you that your husband was sending you a sign and I know for a fact what a comfort those signs can do for your heart in the healing process.

I wish for you healing on this journey and continued signs from your husband.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:55 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,110,648 times
I have also had a few times when I knew my lost husband had been with me somehow to support and love me. I don't know how it all works, but I know that he continues to exist on some level. The kind of intense, intimate, life-changing love that husband and wife can have is not lost at the instant of death. This has made me wonder about the line in a marriage vow "til death us do part." Perhaps in a legal sense, death separates our lives, but love continues - for ever. I will always love him, and I believe he will always love me.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I have also had a few times when I knew my lost husband had been with me somehow to support and love me. I don't know how it all works, but I know that he continues to exist on some level. The kind of intense, intimate, life-changing love that husband and wife can have is not lost at the instant of death. This has made me wonder about the line in a marriage vow "til death us do part." Perhaps in a legal sense, death separates our lives, but love continues - for ever. I will always love him, and I believe he will always love me.
I feel the same, Grasshopper. I talk to him all the time. I don't want to see his ghost, that would kill me with a heart attack but I am just fine talking to him.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:29 PM

36 posts, read 33,739 times
I just could not understand how, I could wake up out of a dead sleep and crying saying he was dying and he was .My husband has been gone now for over two years and I think the man I am with now he sent him to me he is so much like my late husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning