Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 05:44 PM

113 posts, read 77,477 times

Advertisements

My dear daughter Rachel,

When your mom and I were first married, we loved each other very much; enough love to give to our baby. nearly a year after our marriage your mom told me one afternoon that you were growing inside of her. We were elated that God had given you to us! Whether a wonderful boy or beautiful girl baby, I did not care because I was going to be your father. I bought a new crib (some assembly required) and spent several miserable hours putting it together, but I worked at it till it was done. Toys, blankets, diapers and soft clothing was bought and re-bought; I went slightly nuts thinking of things you would need!

Your mom ate well and exercised, we began to protect you when you were still only a few weeks old. Your mom and I signed up and took classes to participate in your birth; I had no idea that there was multiple ways to breath oxygen, but there are. Our parents were told the news that a new little life was coming; congratulations and advice was handed out like candy that day, all because of you. 'Daddy' has such a sweet ring to it don't you think? I worked hard to prepare a place for you, sweetheart, it was my duty and my pleasure as your father to provide a warm nourishing place for my baby. We still did not know if you would be our daughter or son, mom and I did't care to find out early, let it be a surprise to us!

This year would have been your 35th birthday; the day you would have seen your very proud father for the first time as I held you. But God wanted you back to be with Him so your birthday never came. Your mother and I comforted each other the best way we could and moved on, we had your two sisters a few years later and were a happy family at last. But honey, I still miss you sometimes and I often wonder what you might have looked like at 35, no doubt a beautiful woman!

I came home from work and found your mom had bad cramps and in pain. I put her in the car and drove her to the hospital, thankfully God watched over us as I drove way too fast to get your mom there. Then I waited. Hospital coffee is awful and I waited some more. In the early morning hours I was allowed into the room to be with your mom, you were only 13 weeks old when God called you back. The baby I could not hold or keep I named Rachel, you are my daughter and I do love you so. But I know that I will see you very soon and at last we will talk and laugh together for all eternity.

Love, Dad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 10:41 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,382,735 times
That was a lovely post. My condolences on your loss.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:07 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,983,010 times
Skype, you also have my condolences on your loss.

A friend who was 7 1/2 months pregnant started having pain. Not labor pain but her appendix burst.
The doctors did an appendectomy and a ceasarian section at the same time.
Because her son weighed 5 lbs. they never even bothered to put him in an incubator, and he only lived 28 hours.
There was No thinking that ' God took him ' but as wise King Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 9:11 that time and changing events happen to all.
Since the word ' father ' means: life giver, and Not: life taker, then our Heavenly Father is our: Life Giver.
Because He is our Life Giver that is why He sent Jesus to earth, and Jesus paid the ransom price so that we may have a resurrection.
So, may the Bible's promise of a resurrection give you comfort.- John 5:28; Acts 24:15; Revelation 21:4-5; Isaiah 25:8

Old 09-12-2015, 03:54 PM

113 posts, read 77,477 times
Default Thanks for your insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Skype, you also have my condolences on your loss.

A friend who was 7 1/2 months pregnant started having pain. Not labor pain but her appendix burst.
The doctors did an appendectomy and a ceasarian section at the same time.
Because her son weighed 5 lbs. they never even bothered to put him in an incubator, and he only lived 28 hours.
There was No thinking that ' God took him ' but as wise King Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 9:11 that time and changing events happen to all.
Since the word ' father ' means: life giver, and Not: life taker, then our Heavenly Father is our: Life Giver.
Because He is our Life Giver that is why He sent Jesus to earth, and Jesus paid the ransom price so that we may have a resurrection.
So, may the Bible's promise of a resurrection give you comfort.- John 5:28; Acts 24:15; Revelation 21:4-5; Isaiah 25:8
Matthew, this was a letter that I composed to my daughter Rachel who would have been 35 years old this year. Memories of my baby still sneak up on me at times, but I do not push those memories of her away anymore as I did in my younger days while raising two other daughters. I also know that I will indeed see my daughter once again based on my interpretation of Scripture.

2 Samuel 12:22-23 (the infant son of King David and Bathsheba dies)
David answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.

again:

Isaiah 57:1-2
The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

I see evidence in my Bible from the word of the Lord God that I will have a reunion with her soon, and I believe Him. Thanks again, Matthew, for you reply.

Last edited by SkypeColorado; 09-12-2015 at 04:15 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 07:31 PM

58 posts, read 114,747 times
She would have been my age. I'm 35.

It's so beautiful that you still remember her even though you never touched her with your own two hands. You will see her again someday in Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning