Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:15 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times

Advertisements

Just about 1 thankfully, I just get too uncomfortable seeing a dead body. I almost went to another 1 doe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 04:37 AM

765 posts, read 473,702 times
the point of this very odd question is what?????????????????????????????? i think this is one instance i do not feel like baring my soul..... or my losses. it just seems rather invasive and a tad bit peeping-tommish. I can't imagine why you would ask this.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
the point of this very odd question is what?????????????????????????????? i think this is one instance i do not feel like baring my soul..... or my losses. it just seems rather invasive and a tad bit peeping-tommish. I can't imagine why you would ask this.
Although I at first was taken aback by the question and thought it might be a troll post, I see many people who are not dealing with grief have responded. I had no idea people who were not dealing with grief, meaning not having recently lost a loved one, are reading this forum! THAT I find peeping-tommish! I actually feel violated! Silly but that's how I feel. Good thing I didn't realize this when I WAS going through my grief. That's silly because this is a public forum but I would NEVER think to come in and read about people's tragedy.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:12 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Although I at first was taken aback by the question and thought it might be a troll post, I see many people who are not dealing with grief have responded. I had no idea people who were not dealing with grief, meaning not having recently lost a loved one, are reading this forum! THAT I find peeping-tommish! I actually feel violated! Silly but that's how I feel. Good thing I didn't realize this when I WAS going through my grief. That's silly because this is a public forum but I would NEVER think to come in and read about people's tragedy.

Just because you have not had a recent loss does not mean that you are not suffering grief. Everyone's grief and it's timetable is different. Even before my husband's recent death, I occasionally visited this forum because of the difficulty I had accepting my mother's death many years ago. I did not come as a voyeur but to get comfort from what other people had written, and to share words of comfort to others.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:04 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Just because you have not had a recent loss does not mean that you are not suffering grief. Everyone's grief and it's timetable is different. Even before my husband's recent death, I occasionally visited this forum because of the difficulty I had accepting my mother's death many years ago. I did not come as a voyeur but to get comfort from what other people had written, and to share words of comfort to others.
Absolutely.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I accept your explanation for that, germaine. That person I was responding to just set me off. Of course this forum was brandy new when I stumbled upon it.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Eight that I can identify and probably one more I am forgetting. (Both grandmas and grandpas, Mom, close friend from high-school, a friend from Kiwanis, and a co-worker's mother.) I hate them and have no intention of ever attending another. I will even skip my own. The practice of going to funerals of people you do not know at all just because they are related to someone you do know, makes no sense to me. All kinds of people came to my Mom's funeral and I was thinking "what are you doing here? You never even met Mom." Some of them probably were not even aware I had a mother.

Of course the reality is I will likely have to attend several more.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:29 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I've only been to two real funerals. The first was when I watched my grandmother being lowered into the ground in a steady February freezing rain. I was eight years old.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've only been to two real funerals. The first was when I watched my grandmother being lowered into the ground in a steady February freezing rain. I was eight years old.
Grandma's funeral must have been in the South, huhn, Gerania?

Old 06-03-2018, 12:26 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Grandma's funeral must have been in the South, huhn, Gerania?
Dallas, PA. We, she, lived in Wilkes-Barre. When I moved South, I realized that it was pretty much like the North. Everyone likes their mom's or grandmother's cooking and family tradition. They had BBQ, though. I'd grown up without Q? Sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning