Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Gamers Group ~

Group Created by AksarbeN

A location for those enjoying the game forum to get together with information, thoughts and anything that puzzles them! A place to talk chat and have fun.

View All Members Showing 10 of 39 Member(s)
Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 31 to 40 of 108
  1. Nomadicus
    07-18-2008 06:10 PM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    You can call me most anything as long as it's not late to dinner

Yep, and Kansas is going to be neighbor.

I had thought about Kansas but rule it out because MO has better and more lakes IMHO.
  2. dxiweodwo
    07-18-2008 05:55 PM - permalink
    dxiweodwo
    that's cool Nom(can I call you "Nom" from now on??)

Oh yea, I love to take photos of BIG thunderheads, and "stormy" sunsets. And being a storm chase sounds very exciting, I guess moving to Missouri would be a good place for that. Kansas is even better....
  3. Nomadicus
    07-18-2008 05:26 PM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    I always thought it would be fun to be a storm chaser dx. Storms are not the safest thing to photograph but not the worst by far. Now if the storms 40 miles away and I've got a really long lens I may go for it. Especially out on the great plains.
  4. dxiweodwo
    07-17-2008 11:09 AM - permalink
    dxiweodwo
    WOW. yea the eye of Charley went right over your area. What you did there, sounds like something I would do, take pictures of an approaching storm, very cool
  5. Nomadicus
    07-17-2008 08:47 AM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    Southern Polk. Charley came right down on us. Was watching on NOAA when he turned and came up 17. Stood in the street and took photos of the approach. Then took cover and watched the oak hammock go down behind me. If I find a photo of downtown I put it up.
  6. dxiweodwo
    07-17-2008 08:31 AM - permalink
    dxiweodwo
    very true nomacidus . that '04 season was pretty brutal for hurricanes . where in FL do you live??
  7. Nomadicus
    07-16-2008 08:22 PM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    Hey dx, there's an old saying here in FL, if you ever get sand in your shoes you'll be back
  8. Nomadicus
    07-16-2008 09:42 AM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    I guess I don't really hate if here, I just miss some of the elements of MO. And I want to get closer to my son in CS. I like the idea of being centrally located to so many things that interest me. I hate the love bugs true.
    Hurricanes can be sort of cool as long as you don't take a direct hit. I did get hit 3 times in '04 in 6 weeks. However, before that it had been 4 decades without any real activity in my part of the state. There are things I love here and hate. I'm sure that will not change no matter where I wind up.
  9. dxiweodwo
    07-15-2008 11:06 PM - permalink
    dxiweodwo
    I live in FL also, and HATE it. once I graduate from HS, I'M OUTTA HERE. Glad to see your moving to MO, I'm sure you'll be happier there
  10. Nomadicus
    07-15-2008 03:36 PM - permalink
    Nomadicus
    No, I'm stuck down here in the heat, humidity, and hurricanes. Central FL. I just posted a scene from on top of the mountain. I really didn't want to leave that day. Moving to MO next year so I'll be closer. Just maybe I can climb it one more time. My son lives near by in CS.