Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

female wanting more female friends

Group Created by puddintang

would like some female friends,the older the better to talk about anything but mainly life in different towns,states.and where is a good place to live as i want to move to a nice friendly crime free area.when i get the funds i will be moving somewhere

View All Members Showing 10 of 139 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 61 to 70 of 87
  1. bbw57
    10-25-2011 09:53 AM - permalink
    bbw57
    I would love to talk to some of you by phone. I can make free long-distance calls from cell-to-cell. So if anyone's interested, please let me know. - Dorez
  2. jtaylor1001
    10-24-2011 11:33 PM - permalink
    jtaylor1001
  3. jtaylor1001
    10-24-2011 11:28 PM - permalink
    jtaylor1001
    Hi there, I'm new to this as most are. I haven't had much time to socialize in the past couple of years. I'm a divorced female in my 50's. I work way too many hours to have time to do much of anything. But the one thing I do want is female friends. I work in security. I would like to have someone to talk to once in a while. I grew up in Houston, TX. I lived there most of 42 yrs. I just moved to Austin and there is way too much traffic for me. I am a country girl stuck in the city looking to get out into a smaller city. I don't have many friends. About 4 is all I can count. They have their lives and well you know the rest. I look forward to hearing from anybody who has time to chat. I don't play games with other peoples lives. I am honest and trustworthy. I don't want your man. I just want someone to talk to sometimes. I work over night and it gets pretty lonely out here.
  4. bbw57
    10-24-2011 04:35 PM - permalink
    bbw57
    Hello there, I'm a new member. Hope a lot of you will post and introduce yourself so I can get to know you better. I've always had lots of women friends, but as I've gotten older it's more difficult to find them. I love cooking, writing, reading, watching movies & TV shows; going for walks, swimming, cultural events etc. I'm in my 60's, live in Los Angeles and I'm married. Have one grown daughter and we work together for her fashion company (Annalogy). We make plus-size clothing for women. Hope to make some new friends here!
  5. prestine
    10-09-2011 04:30 PM - permalink
    prestine
    Good Afternoon Ladies I Pray all is well im new to the group i live in maryland im from Virginia born and raise very strong in my faith be blessed everyone.
  6. smackiesgirl
    10-02-2011 05:02 PM - permalink
    smackiesgirl
    Hello Ladies, This is the first group iv'e joined but it seems to be the right one! I'm almost 40 married with two older children in northern. Ill I don't have many female friends & it does not seem right. I'm up front & tell it like it is (sometimes I shouldn't) I have a wonderful husband that is not afraid to work, doesn't drink, smoke Or is mean to anyone, & because of that the females I get to know seem more interested in him then me some have even tried to get between us (but that ain't never gonna happen) so I have a hard time trusting other women.
  7. Sharoner
    09-30-2011 08:23 PM - permalink
    Sharoner
    Would love to establish good female friends. I am married, work full time, and otherwise need some sense of community and inspiring activities. I started my life in Northern California (36 yrs) then to Arkansas (12yrs), now Maryland (11 hrs). Being an adult with no children, no immediate extended family, busy job, it's been hard to met people who want to develop a close platonic relationship. Everyone is so busy. Perhaps this will mediate the challenges of meeting people f2f.
  8. napanite
    09-28-2011 12:28 PM - permalink
    napanite
    I live in Northern Calif..near Oregon Border...but love to chat with women from anywhere. I miss my women friends and just have been having hard time finding friends up here. Half people here are new age and believe in crystals healing etc....other half is conservatives with older folks who grew up here on racist side ...i am somewhere in the middle!! lol!
    Actually both sides are more the same than they think...both believe strongly in issues and both will not listen to the other side. Yet both say they want to get along..so I do not understand why they make it so hard.
    I have always had women friends...i never understood women who felt threaten or said you cannot work for women bosses ....just did not make sense. It is the person...but i find my self making some sexist comments as well...
    I tend to like women doctors but have had great male ones just as much...so I need to watch my words there a bit.
    I Like walking outdoors...my dogs i do take daily around a local lake about mile from my house...i live in mountains here..so lake is clean ..head waters of Sacramento River...main one that runs down central Calif Valley ...makes us able to grow so much here.
    Love home grown vegetables, fruits etc....i like gardening ..reading books movies..usually stuff i guess. I just like hearing about your lives...Promise to try my best to not be judgmental, just friendly, in case i sounded that way about where I live.
    I worked in advertising for major newspaper about 20 years....was chef ..made home made raviolis as well the sauces and these things called malfatti ...see if anyone knows what they are.
    So i am open to any conversation...sure i can find something nice to say about almost anything! take care...
  9. gretchenrae
    09-21-2011 10:46 AM - permalink
    gretchenrae
    I am in the Charlotte area.
  10. AnnAZ
    09-21-2011 09:18 AM - permalink
    AnnAZ
    Hi ladies! I signed on to this city forum awhile back and thought I would love to join your group. See my personal file for more info.
    Read the posts I have made in the Arizona thread. I talked about my hometown in
    Safford, AZ. I feel a few of you would be interested in finding out more about it if you are looking to relocate. A lot of people feel AZ is too hot to live with, but there are many ways to get around the high summer temperatures here. Read my posts, also read 'saffordpastor's posts. He seems to know more that I do about my home town. He's a *gem* and seems to be someone I would like to know.
    I mean for friendship, girls. ) I'm sure he is married and besides that he is waaaaay too young for me! I'm very close to pushing up daises. No joke! (

I would like to find out more about that 'free energy' that I read about on in this group thread...or, at least, finding out how to lower my electric bill. Summer time CAN push the bill up here. However, we have great winter weather and not too much goes to heating up the house. Could the energy poster let me know more about this, please? Post it so all the gals can see. I'm sure that anyone would want to save on their utility bills. Besides, I don't want this group to die from inactivity. I've heard some dire things from my doctor about being 'inactive' at my age. ) Gotta keep the energy in motion, gang.

After reading all about Safford, Please post back if you care to and let me know what you think. No, I'm not invested in real estate there. I just like to hook people up to a place where they might enjoy living their lives in relative safety, comfort and peace.

I live in Scottsdale, AZ a 'burb' of Phoenix. I am wanting to get funds enouth to get back to my home in quiet, peaceful Safford. Check into it. look at what city-data has to say about it and what I KNOW about it. Oh yeah, and my new pal "saffordpastor" has to say. He is a REAL pastor, too. I feel vibes and his feel
    S A F E. Well, he could be a fraud. Trust me, I don't think so. In Safford he would have been outed long ago and as far as I can tell he really does live there. Anyway, I feel it wouldn't take much to find out.

I have many, many relatives in the Safford area, but I can't let that stop me from going back 'home'. I love them a LOT, good people, but I want to carve out a new life for myself.

I'll be checking back to see how you all are doing. I'm kinda like a mother hen. My children are all grown and don't want any more 'mothering' Hey, I never smothered them. I wanted them to grow up to be strong, independent people....and they are.

BTW I have 4 living children. One of my daugters is a (an?) RN at Mt Graham Community Hospital in Safford....or is it Thatcher? These two towns have kind of grown together. Yet, they want their independence from each other. They have been rivals for many years. Especially, when I was in School in Safford.....long....long...ago.

Hey, I think I like all of you, already.
    Be kind. I am not a country girl nor am I a city slicker either. I'm just simply human. )

Take care and have a good day!
    AnnAZ