Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Moving to Boston

Group Created by djnaulty

For people to share there experiences with moving to boston

View All Members Showing 8 of 8 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. rajkgdr
    12-30-2014 01:33 AM - permalink
    rajkgdr
    To my Boston friends
    My wife and I alongwith my 2 little kids will be moving to Boston soon. I am a little confused with so much of options available. My requirement is like below, and help is much appreciated.
    My area of work: Copley Place in Boston
    Rent: 1500 with all required amenities like heat, water, laundry, shops etc (basic)
    Importantly: My daughter 3.3 yrs has to be in school, so a place nearby to public schools and which should also be convenient for me drop and pick her up using local commutation facilities. I don't use a car for now, but down the line I might.
  2. djnaulty
    05-09-2012 07:41 AM - permalink
    djnaulty
    To Boston residents
    My wife and I will be moving out towards boston. I will be starting work in july. I will be looking for and apartment and I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the choices. I am trying to find a place where my wife will feel safe when I am at work. I don't really even know which cities to start looking in.
    Here are some of the things I am looking for. Any help would be great

Max Rent 1400
    Heat and water included
    1 or 2 bedroom
    Cat friendly
    At least 1 off street Parking
    Commute on T or Commuter Rail(35 min or less)
    Close to Restraunts or nice walking area near shops
    Less dense of population
    Preferably not a complex
    Most important would be safety, a place where my wife can walk around during the day

It would be great to know which cities to look in to narrow down my search
    Thanks