Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Homeless Campers - How To Live - Formerly Homeless

Group Created by highdesertmutz

I am homeless, living in a travel trailer in a rv park, we lost our home in wisconsin a few years ago due to health reasons, one main provider couldn't work anymore, and we lost everything. Have you experienced similar circumstances, or are you now wondering how you're going to get by after you've lost everything? and become homeless? maybe you are camping out like we do. Want to hear your story, how you handle everyday life, how are you getting by or making it? What are you doing without? Do you know of someone who needs tips on homeless survival?

View All Members Showing 10 of 84 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 236
  1. Watchman57
  2. Watchman57
  3. Watchman57
    06-28-2013 10:23 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Well I am still alive and currently living in Southern WV. Have finished writing a SMALL book about my experiences of the last near 26 months being homeless. Hope to have it on the market by the mid-Summer mark, been alot of unpleasantness here in May and June and not sure if I'll stay here or move ??? At the moment I am calling a old school built in 1939 home and am indoors with all the "normal" things and the owner not in a hurry for me to leave(yet). Just have no way to make much income here and AM looking at the mtns of NW NC as a new camp so I can dig bloodroot and make some walking sticks out of sassafras/black walnut to sell. I am in McDowell Co.,WV the poorest Co. in WV a old coal mining area that is dying. More later...........
  4. travelersll
    02-06-2013 09:45 PM - permalink
    travelersll
    we are a family of 3. husband, wife and 3 year old daughter. 4 if you want to count our puppy, Jouney. We live in our motor home. We left St. George, Utah on memorial day weekend because we lost our business and home. We actually fly a sign from time to time to make ends meet. Now it is tax time and we are waiting for our taxes. Maybe we will be able to get on our feet, but who knows.
  5. tripprose18
    11-07-2012 09:31 AM - permalink
    tripprose18
    My name is Rose. I am 18 years old. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. Just recently his parents kicked him out of the house. He has a job but it is not enough. He lives with his friend’s family. But they are so poor. There are six of them living in a 2 small bedroom apartment, with 5 cats, a roach infestation, and the apartment is just in terrible condition. My boyfriend is so depressed because he feels like a burden. His friend’s mom just recently quit one of her 3 jobs because they screwed her over. The friend’s dad got laid off, and 2 of the 3 sons work but they never help. They are living off of food banks. My boyfriend just doesn't know what to do. I try my best to help him. We just recently graduated high school this year. What a way to start in the real world. I need advice. I think I am going to get a job so I can give my boyfriend money. He has cried twice last week and he barely cries. It is breaking my heart to see him so down. When he does get paid he gives at least half his pay check to his friend’s family. Any advice? Please.
  6. gmo333
    11-01-2012 09:21 AM - permalink
    gmo333
    Several years ago I lost my apartment, became homeless, and decided to drive across the country washing windows to survive. Made it from Cali to Florida, sleeping at Walmarts.
  7. Watchman57
    10-30-2012 07:25 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    May write a book on my homeless experience, may make a docu-film too......???
  8. Watchman57
    09-28-2012 08:38 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    This is sad and preventable - where was his family or a local church.

Homeless man found dead in St. Albans - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
  9. Watchman57
  10. Watchman57