Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Licensed Professional Counselors and School Counselors

Group Created by GuiTarLPC

This group is passionate about the helping profession and connecting those in need with
caring professionals.

View All Members Showing 10 of 15 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. MJensen26
    01-18-2010 10:11 AM - permalink
    MJensen26
    Hello group. I just came across this networking site and have joined your group. I am a school psych that has gone back to school. Hopefully in a few months I will have IRB approval to do research with school guidance counselors and school psychologists. I hope you guys have a great day. Do you know of where else I could meet school guidance counselors and sch psychs? I am trying facebook and linked-in (but unfortunately linked is a little expensive for me).
  2. Akoswa
    07-16-2009 10:09 PM - permalink
    Akoswa
    Hello
    I am a LISAC living in Phoenix, Arizona, but planning on moving to Seattle Washington within the next twelve months. I currently work in the Maricopa County Jail system in a substance abuse progam. I have a Masters in Professional Counseling, a CAGS in clinical counseling, an an MA in Forensic Psychology. I am about to start a Ph.D program with Saybrook. I love my job, I can't imagine doing anything else, I just wish the fight against drugs wasn't so one sided. Particularly Methamphetamine.
  3. phloxy
    01-31-2009 10:48 PM - permalink
    phloxy
    I am changing careers in my 30s. Completed an associates in chemical dependency counseling and looking to start my career and get state certification, hopefully in CA. I'd also like to get an MSW. Hope it's OK for me to join here even though I'm still pursuing licensure. I am definitely enthusiastic about joining the helping professions.
  4. tanyawantstohelp
    12-25-2008 09:09 PM - permalink
    tanyawantstohelp
    I am in school to get a Psychology degree because I so desperately want to help change the world, but don't know where I want to specialize. Can you help me decide?
  5. STONE RELIEF
    10-27-2008 04:32 PM - permalink
    STONE RELIEF
    Hi, I am addict named Stevie, I am 26 years old and female. I went to treatment for chronic pain and discovered that I was addicted to presription drugs. I have been clean for almost 80 days thanks to the NA program in Boulder. I have been in withdrawl all this time and haven't slept in 4 days. My NA sponsor and friends are concerned and want me to take something. I feel like they don't understand that going to a Doctor for me is like them meeting their drug dealer in a dark alley. The Drs. office is that alley for me. I have a lot of emotional stress going on as well as physical symptoms. I think I need to see an addiction doctor who knows about this issue and can help me to differentiate weather or not this is neurological or psycho-somatic. Please help asap this has been going on a long time and I am tired of hearing the same thing from my NA friends. They are mostly people who are addicted to street drugs and don't get my situation. They think insomnia is a big! deal and that I should take meds, but I feel like that would be relapsing 100%. I just got on this site so I may not know how to navigate it very well so send me an email as well at stephaniestone82@gmail.com. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
  6. michelle63
    10-27-2008 12:36 PM - permalink
    michelle63
    Looking for a Psychologist in Los Angeles who accepts Medicare Insurance.

A therapist who is compassionate, insightful, has resources, and have had good results from clients who suffer from Bipolar Disorder.

Please leave your information.

Thank you.
  7. GuiTarLPC
    09-04-2008 02:01 PM - permalink
    GuiTarLPC
    Are there any LPC that want to collaborate together?
    What does the futrue hold for LPCs in Missouri?