Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Horsin' Around

Group Created by ncqueenbee

Group for Horse Enthusiasts of all types: Hunter/Jumpers, Eventers, Dressage, Western, Vaulting, Racing, Steeplechasing, and much more. Share your photos, helpful hints, equestrian real estate needs or wants, sweat, joys & tears here.

View All Members Showing 10 of 71 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 33 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 240
  1. karibear
    07-23-2009 02:31 PM - permalink
    karibear
    So far, she lets me pick up her front feet without much hassle. That's a definite improvement over bucking away when I just ran my hand down her leg. At least she doesn't try to do anything TO me, other than step on my foot once in awhile, but that happens with any horse.
  2. Katie1
    07-22-2009 04:11 PM - permalink
    Katie1
    HAHAHA my horses loved Dog food!! Made mostly of Corn/Wheat, etc
    Glad you are not paying much for the halters LOL Hows her other training going?
  3. karibear
    07-19-2009 01:28 PM - permalink
    karibear
    No, I got them on ebay, and they weren't expensive. What would be expensive would be going to the local feed store, and their's really are flimsy, even just to look at. I haven't paid more than 6.00 for one yet, usually it's more like 1.99 - plus shipping, of course. Some were new, some were used but in good shape. I did have one break-away, but I gave it to someone else. So far, whatever she's done I can patch one way or another, it's just annoying and time consuming to do so. Like the one with the missing cheek piece, I can make another one, the buckle is still there, it's just a PITA to do it.

She has a new trick now. Since it's hot, I've been feeding the dogs outside. The two big ones won't let her near them while they are eating, but the beagle she stands over until he eats the spoonful of canned food on top of the kibbles, then she nudges him out of the way and eats it herself! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it - he just sits there and watches her and looks pitiful. I finally had to make a little shelter she can't get into so he can eat in peace.
  4. Katie1
    07-18-2009 06:25 AM - permalink
    Katie1
    Karibear......I just found out thru a local tack shop that some are stocking Poor qulity Halters!! These break easy [which is great for safty] But they are NOT advertised that they do so. Have you tried taking these halters back for store cr or your money back??
  5. rnoelled
    07-12-2009 06:33 PM - permalink
    rnoelled
    thanks , thought I did
  6. rnoelled
    07-12-2009 06:30 PM - permalink
    rnoelled
    Hi, my name is Rose I am new in Rapid City area looking for social group that enjoys trail riding
  7. Katie1
    07-10-2009 04:11 PM - permalink
    Katie1
    hahahahaha I feel for your pocket book hehehehehe
  8. karibear
    07-09-2009 09:39 PM - permalink
    karibear
    Another halter bit the dust. She managed to tear off a cheek piece from the neoprene lined one. I looked over every square inch of the area she was in and couldn't find it. I patched together the old nylon one, and have another on order. This is getting expensive! **beginning to wonder about chain mail...**
  9. Katie1
    06-29-2009 09:34 PM - permalink
    Katie1
    Appy Man Welcome. Try posting in the Maine forum about the mare.
  10. Appy man
    06-29-2009 08:09 AM - permalink
    Appy man
    Hello I'm new to this place.I have 7 horses so i thought this my be the place to make friends.