Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Veggies and Vegans

Group Created by hppydppy

A place to exchange recipes and good talk

View All Members Showing 10 of 18 Member(s)
Showing 2 of 2 Picture(s)
smiley[1]
From hppydppy
oldfart[1]
From hppydppy
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Seekingcreativity
    11-19-2012 04:55 PM - permalink
    Seekingcreativity
    Trying to go back to being a vegan, right now am a vegetarian (I love cheese and ice cream!!)
  2. hppydppy
    08-23-2010 09:18 PM - permalink
    hppydppy
    Nikkie, sorry so late....like almost a year??? Any way, if you eat good organic foods and do not eat processed foods (which have additives and are basically "dead" foods), then you can get all the nutrients. Live food, as in raw food (not meat or fish) has all the enzymes and nutrients you need. Eating nuts, seeds, whole grains, veggies and fruit give you all you need. But....if you cook your food, then you need supplements. As we get older, we need to really do a good job of eating well, as many things just dissepate in our bodies and we need to replace and build up what we have. or have lost. I am 63, normal weight, healthy and not a thing wrong. I plan to feed myself in this way for the rest of my life. I have energy, vigor and mental clarity. Great for this age.
  3. hppydppy
    08-23-2010 04:30 PM - permalink
    hppydppy
    Wow, have I been gone long!! Travel travel travel....So glad to see we are growing! The more we leave the animals alone, the better for the planet. I think we should seek out raw foodies too, which is what we have been flowing towards, about 80% raw. Gotta love those enzymes we were all born with! Did you know we are born with systemic enzymes that stay with us forever and when you eat cooked food, they are slowly destroyed?? Hence, illnesses, diseases. Did you know cancer and diseases cannot live in an alkaline body?? Meat is very acidic, coffee, soda, and I could go on and on. I have some fantastic vegan and raw food recipes. Any one your fave?
  4. Angelus71
    11-03-2009 12:06 PM - permalink
    Angelus71
    Yay a vegan group!!!
    My wife, daughter and I are all vegans.
    We move to Spokane in September 2008 from NY.
    I'm originally from England, but have lived in the US for the last 6 years and I love it!
  5. helpinhand
    10-29-2009 04:25 AM - permalink
    helpinhand
    HI; my name is Nikkie. I live in New York. I try to stay as health as possible but I found myself lagging in energy and my skin didn't look to health. I recently stared take some organic supplements from this company called amway and I saw a big improvement but i was wondering 1. has anyone heard of them before, and 2. is it true you can't get all the vitamines, minerals and phtonutriants you need from food alone?
  6. hppydppy
    10-12-2009 08:16 AM - permalink
    hppydppy
    Hi Allison...welcome.
    With winter coming and suppose to be a killer for much of the country, how about your best recipe for those cold wintery days by the fire?
  7. hppydppy
    10-12-2009 08:12 AM - permalink
    hppydppy
    Welcome, Marie! We all do what we can and being healthy is important. Where do you live?
    I have a great recipe for vegan apple cake. If interested, let me know. Also, a really yummy one for spaghetti squash casserole with cornmeal topping.....mmmm good
  8. mquintana
    10-09-2009 10:34 AM - permalink
    mquintana
    Hello-I'm Marie and am semi-vegetarian. I occassionally eat meat (only when I go out-and that's not often). Ordinarily I eat veggies and I try to eat all organic.
  9. hppydppy
    10-08-2009 03:16 PM - permalink
    hppydppy
    Ok, here we are, come on in and let us know who you are and say howdy. Gary and I are over 60, have a lot of fun and flow with life. We are 90% raw foodists, and do occasionally have a little cheese on a pizza, unless soy cheese is offered. Have several children between us and lots of grandkids. Gary is into the human condition, making notes, helping when he can, loving the universe and all human things. He has been a bookman/reader for ....ever. I am just the same, but more of an observer, not a reader as he is, and I touch and feel others emotions. Life changes constantly and that is ALL you can really count on. So much of life and beyond is unknown, and that is surely what I know. We have plenty of nothing and that is so good (material things). So....FLOW, and feel the peace without stressing about it all. Welcome and now it is a place here for us all, not just veggi-mates.