Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Unhappy Homeowners

Group Created by cherrah2008

Group is about people who got homes and realized it was a nightmare because the builders are unlicensed or just can't build, or perhaps both!

View All Members Showing 10 of 29 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 15 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 15 of 15
  1. Plumber26
    06-13-2009 07:41 PM - permalink
    Plumber26
    I just wanted to join so if anyone had any questions regarding their plumbing they can ask.
  2. kstutler
    06-13-2009 05:22 PM - permalink
    kstutler
    My family has suffered while our homebuilder Tk Constructors who are now I believe fraudulent at this point have just sat back offering very little compared to the horrible home that they built. For over 8 years we have lived in a TOXIC and structurally unsound home. http:www.tkhomesuck.com
  3. BethGionis
    01-22-2009 07:41 PM - permalink
    BethGionis
    I wanted to join this group because this is a subject that hits home with me! I am a Realtor and I just want to encourage and remind anyone who is planning to buy new construction that contrary to what the builders sales rep may tell you - you DO need to hire a Buyers Agent to work with you before you sign a contract. The commission is already built into the price of the home so you will be paying for one whether you have one or not! There are so many things that we help with during the building process that just MAY keep someone from being dis-satisfied. If anyone ever has a question about Real Estate, please contact me and I will do my best to give you some guidance in getting your issues solved. And, just maybe, we can work together to make sure you are not unhappy in your new home!
    Beth
    www.SellingCharlotteRealEstate.com
  4. RobertaFromMT
    10-08-2008 01:40 PM - permalink
    RobertaFromMT
    Hello, I am joining because my husband and I have been discussing specializing not just in new home building, but fixing what other contractors did incorrectly. During his years of understudy for General Contracting, my husband was truly floored and appalled at what the builders he was working for thought was good to do, and some times he would just quit and move on, it was so rediculous. He built his first solo home for a pastor in our area of Montana as a "House Angel" where he helped guide the pastor and his son in building their own home, as well as working on it himself full time. If you like you can see my husband's site http://www.TopDogDiggsConstruction.Synthesite.com to view what he has built. He travels to wherever the work is. He works for 1/2 the total cost down, in advance, and he considers trades for work, too, such as working for beef, car trade, etc. We also would like to join this site because we bought a home that needed correcting, a couple different times. Aaron may be able to advise anyone here too if they just want advice.
  5. HParr
    07-23-2008 11:35 PM - permalink
    HParr
    I just wanted to join this group because I am considering buying a new home and I want to make sure that I don't choose a builder with a bad reputation.