Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RENAISSANCE MUSIC APPRECIATION and FANS of the BAND RENAISSANCE!

Group Created by PITTSTON2SARASOTA

This is a group for all the fans of the most unappreciated and obscure BAND thet are called RENAISSANCE.

IMHO this is the BEST rock band EVER. From the five octave and best at holding notes VOICE of ANNIE HASLAM to the twelve string guitar playing of other members. Along with some of the best blending of male singers too, with a CLASSICAL/PROGRESSIVE genre...they are at the TOP of the musical field. BAR NONE.

RENAISSANCE is the ONLY group that sounds as GOOD live as in the studio; their talent is unrivaled! If you're a fan of the group, PLEASE join. IF you are new to their talent/music please check out ALL their music and I am sure that then you will join. LONG LIVE their music; I pray younger people will discover their music through this group and keep the band's music and spirit alive for eternity. God Bless You All!.....(PITTS) JERRY.

View All Members Showing 6 of 6 Member(s)
Showing 2 of 2 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. ElizaTeal
    02-14-2015 07:30 AM - permalink
    ElizaTeal
    In the late 70's I saw Renaissance in concert at a small venue in Poughkeepsie NY. Annie asked the audience not to smoke, because it hurt her throat. I also like Steeleye Span. I'm starting to enjoy Fairport Convention and Pentangle, as I hear a lot of their music on the game "Song Pop"
  2. DOUBLE H
    03-23-2011 10:01 AM - permalink
    DOUBLE H
    Desertsun41-Whazzup? Yep, it is! When I saw Renaissance in 1979 I was lucky to be in the third row center, right in front of Annie. OMG, that's 30 years ago! She still looks good today! All I have to say about here is YABBA DABBA DOO!!
  3. PITTSTON2SARASOTA
    06-01-2010 04:01 PM - permalink
    PITTSTON2SARASOTA
    Mark...I have seen them live....twice in fact...while attending Penn State...best concerts of my life and Annie really sings as well live as in studio, most impressive...they are the best. Thanx for posting and adding Annie's picture. :-)
  4. Marksman84
    05-26-2010 07:42 PM - permalink
    Marksman84
    Wow - they are touring with Steve Hackett? Man, they need to come to the Central/Western States! Even a station here in St. Louis plays Mother Russia, Northern Lights and The Winter Tree from time to time.
  5. Marksman84
    05-26-2010 07:39 PM - permalink
    Marksman84
    What a fantastic band! Have any of you ever seen them live? I am jealous if you have!

Aren't Annie and Mike Dunford touring with a band this year on the East Coast?

Annie is still a hottie and has not lost a step with that God-given voice:

6. desertsun41
    04-07-2010 07:41 PM - permalink
    desertsun41
  7. desertsun41
    04-07-2010 07:23 PM - permalink
    desertsun41
    How about some more Renaissance dates with Procol Harum.....Howard does this sound like something you would like !! I bet you are wiping the drewl from your mouth. I have not heard them tour in a million years.
    http://www.songkick.com/artists/4434...ing-tour-dates
  8. desertsun41
    04-07-2010 07:18 PM - permalink
    desertsun41
    See Renaissance for FREE FREE FREE
    http://www.songkick.com/artists/486354-steve-hackett
  9. PITTSTON2SARASOTA
    03-25-2010 12:54 AM - permalink
    PITTSTON2SARASOTA
    SORRY, I meant THEY are called RENAISSANCE(not thet...LOL)...I cannot edit the introduction without deleting the entire social group introduction.