Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 543 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 25 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 244
  1. Muna rawna
    11-19-2016 02:05 PM - permalink
    Muna rawna
    Hello I am a Christian girl with two children. I am getting divorced due to my husbands another affair. My husbands has lot of affairs before and after marriage with me. Now I am going to marry my old friend he is a Pathan. He told me after talaq with my husband I have to sleep with someone as a tradition. This is a punishment for my existing husband. I asked him how it will be a punishment for him its a punishment for me. I don't want to sleep with anyone. My friend says that's in Islam it is the tradition in Karachi Pathan.

I am so confused please help me I am Christian girl going to convert to Muslim but this welcome is not good and I am not that type a girl....please help me.....is it in Islam or is the tradition in Karachi Pathan.
  2. futureRN17
    10-27-2016 11:32 PM - permalink
    futureRN17
    hello, I am a sinle mother to a 2 year old little boy. I have been accepted to the 2017 nursing program at ivy tech in sellersburg. I work at a Trilogy facility so i can transfer to a few campuses in New Albany, or louisville. I am needing to relocate by January. Any suggestions on places to live. the best area to live in, daycares, other moms, etc.
    Hopefully, i can get some feedback to assist in the moving process. Thank you!!!
  3. DavisT
    10-24-2016 08:46 PM - permalink
    DavisT
    Hi! I am looking to move to the Charlotte area from Wilmington NC. I currently have my associate's degree in Dental Assisting. I decided to test my run in job search and I already had jobs to call me back. The only thing right now is finding dependable and affordable childcare for 3 year old and a place to live. My credit isn't in the best shape so I'm a little worried about my living situation. I don't know where to start...any advice from those who are living in Charlotte or have lived there recently??
  4. arcola
    10-13-2016 12:20 PM - permalink
    arcola
    My name is Jeff Graham. I live in Statesboro, Ga. I am realtor for a private, locally owned office here. I have been working on assiting professionals relocating to this area working with Georgia Southern University, Department of Labor and other Businesses. Our area is unique. We are rural community and not very well marketed outside this geographic area. Because companies located here have to "Sell Statesboro" as a good place to live, it is difficult to acquire and maintain the best qualified candidates. Being a rural community, anyone "not from here" is often considered an outsider and that leads to a very low retention rate. It is not uncommon for someone to buy a house and sell it 1-2 years later. I am working on not just helping people get here, but I want to help them get involved in the community through various organisations,clubs, and activities that enhance the quality of life here andd hopefully speed up the acclamation process.

I do have a facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Not-From-Here-315673745444634/

Hopefully it will reflect the passion I have for this project and the people it will affect. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you concerning your services and how we may utilize your skills in this area of the state.

Best regards,
    Jeff Graham
  5. cadkins0132
    09-20-2016 07:26 AM - permalink
    cadkins0132
    Hey, gals! I am a single mom of two awesome kids. I currently live in eastern Kentucky, but I am planning on moving to the Myrtle Beach/Conway area in February 2017. This is the first time that I have ever moved my children this far, and I would love any advice that other single moms could give me. I would really like to speak with someone that lives or has lived in the Myrtle Beach area, so I can pick their brain about good communities with rental homes, (I am going to be renting). My mother is going to be moving with me to help with childcare and rent/utilities, and I have already found a pretty good job. The only problem is that I do not have good credit, and I am afraid that it will make it hard to get approved for a home. I have been researching online, and I think that a mobile home would be a good rental for me, at least for the first year or so. Please, if anyone has any advice or input, feel free to let me know. Thanks, ladies!!!
  6. JodiJoseph
    09-18-2016 12:27 PM - permalink
    JodiJoseph
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying a blessed and wonderful day!

I relocated from Los Angeles, CA to Charlotte, NC a few years ago and love the change and improvements in quality of life. Don't get me wrong, California is a beautiful place to live but it's getting rather expensive and I was seeking something different. I've been a Real Estate agent in California, Georgia and now North Carolina... so if there's any questions you have that I can help you with, please send a message and I'll do the best I can with what I know.
  7. vlsgarcia
    09-13-2016 02:46 PM - permalink
    vlsgarcia
    Hello everyone I'm a single mother of three who doesn't have a college degree I live in Florida but the cost of living here is too much I want to relocate and start new I have a couple of places in mind but want to hear from what others have in mind
  8. change2016
    09-04-2016 04:52 PM - permalink
    change2016
    hey everyone.. Im in need of some help an advice i am a single mother of 3 that is trying to relocate to Charlotte north Carolina. I dont know where to start. I have no family or friends in this area . im looking for a great school system for my girls a job... I been in factory work for along rime but readt for a change .. In more business. Can someone help ke an give me any advice i dont have a support team with my family they dont believe in change an always negative but... Im hard worki g an determined im ready for my new beginning looking to move before the year ends
  9. lexusmm
    07-18-2016 08:34 AM - permalink
    lexusmm
    Hi
    I'm a single mom with 4 kids left (7m, 13m, 14f, 17f) I had 5 but my 17yr old son died last July from huffing canned air in his brothers bedroom. Just the 3 youngest will be coming, who area special needs.... I want to relocate to Abq NM. I was looking for any and all info I can get. I'm not rich, would need help medically for my family. I'm also disabled. I know MN has one of the better state health services and I can't afford to take anything worse... my youngest has ASD but is high functioning, the 13 &14 yr olds have ADHD, PTSD, depression, aniexty, a few other thing's also. Long story short I can't take the sub zero winter anymore, and would be leaving a10yr unhealthy relationship. My body can't tolerate it. I'm not looking to mooch from anything but I'm hoping that I can find financial help to make the jump and get on my feet. I am Applying for SS for myself and the kids but that can take forever! Any relation funding out there? How is the housing costs? The state medical coverages and services? How are the schools? Which are safe neighborhoods? Any kind of housing assistance? I would need PCA's for each child (in mn these services are 100% covered through the state med assistance)? I would need a PCA/homemaking services as well. I do not get any child support (dead beat dad).
    Well without getting into my tragic life story..... just needing info. Thanks in advance.
    Terri
  10. Friendlyandmotivated
    07-08-2016 07:52 AM - permalink
    Friendlyandmotivated
    Hi I too am glad that I found this group. I am leaving upstate New York for a better life for me and my kids. It's too expensive and our government works only when they have too. I have 5 kids but only 3 at home. I want a good size city with good schools and little crime but wanna be able to meet people my own age and diversity is important being I'm biracial any suggestions would be great but must be reasonably inexpensive. I'm hoping for the south or Pacific area