Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

Advertisements

I think it has something to do with the neighborhood too. Around here, I keep a sign "No SOlicitors" on the door which deters anyone coming up who has no business here. That being said, daily I get neighborsand such coming over wanting anything from a ride to the store to free medical advice. And I have never shot anyone for that, and the ONLY time I took the gun out was when a solicitor refused to leave and I had it in hand waiting for the cops (Who found the guy, shook him down for going around running a sales scam without a peddlers license and ran him off never to be seen again)
I seem to think there was more to this story than we know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
Chatted last week with one of the Justices in the county that I live in and he thinks the guy will probably walk the case. According to him, and no he didn't have any more info than what has been presented here, but he thinks the defense attorney will claim that the guy gave warning to the perp before shooting which initiated a citizens arrest. The perp failed to yield to the citizens arrest and the shooter had the right to fire, regardless of Castle Doctrine. BUT, note that was a big BUT, the trial, if held in Travis county might just go the other way. The Austin area might as well be in Kalifornia from all of the freaks that have moved into the area. You'll probably see the defense attorney move the case far,far away from Travis County and who knows what is going to happen. But without a doubt it will set case precedent for Castle Doctrine in Texas.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Chatted last week with one of the Justices in the county that I live in and he thinks the guy will probably walk the case. According to him, and no he didn't have any more info than what has been presented here, but he thinks the defense attorney will claim that the guy gave warning to the perp before shooting which initiated a citizens arrest. The perp failed to yield to the citizens arrest and the shooter had the right to fire, regardless of Castle Doctrine. BUT, note that was a big BUT, the trial, if held in Travis county might just go the other way. The Austin area might as well be in Kalifornia from all of the freaks that have moved into the area. You'll probably see the defense attorney move the case far,far away from Travis County and who knows what is going to happen. But without a doubt it will set case precedent for Castle Doctrine in Texas.
The crime took place in Williamson County, one of the news articles indicated it would be tried there. Williamson County is known for being tough on crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting