Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:58 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times

Advertisements

It must feel wonderful to know they are protecting us all from the evils of....magazines?

Hey, Mr. politician. How about you work on understanding the garbage you already pass before shoving any more meaningless trash down our throats? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
It must feel wonderful to know they are protecting us all from the evils of....magazines?

Hey, Mr. politician. How about you work on understanding the garbage you already pass before shoving any more meaningless trash down our throats? Thanks in advance.
Maybe it feels good to protect themselves from us; the unwashed masses...

Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I hope that I never need one let alone ten, but Seung-Hui Cho pretty decisively demonstrated the utter folly of the measure. Yeah, you should be able to defend yourself with AWB compliant magazines and, obviously, you can also go on a horrible killing spree with AWB compliant magazines.

I honestly think that the purpose of the 10 round magazine restriction is to get people accustomed to a degree of regulation. Little bites rather than big ones.

Happy in Wyoming hit it on the head, though. Why should anyone be apathetic to the erosion of their rights?

No what Mr Cho desively demonstrated is if I want to kill 50-100 people at the state university of my choice I'll need a bigger magazine. Also I might need to take several guns since ripping off a couple of those big magazines will make a single gun to hot to handle.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,171 times
I wouldn't worry about it, there are only a few commie states out there. NY,CA,NY,NJ,MA,MD. Aside from them most of the country likes their guns. We FAR outnumber them. With regular mags it would be impossible to recreate the easy pre-post ban mag rules that those states apply to Glock/AK mags which are easy enough to tell apart. They'd never be able to enforce it. PLUS, it just makes no sense.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM

86 posts, read 254,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, there are only a few commie states out there. NY,CA,NY,NJ,MA,MD. Aside from them most of the country likes their guns. We FAR outnumber them. With regular mags it would be impossible to recreate the easy pre-post ban mag rules that those states apply to Glock/AK mags which are easy enough to tell apart. They'd never be able to enforce it. PLUS, it just makes no sense.
MA resident and legal owner of normal capacity Glock and AK mags here.

They're just old.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:12 AM

136 posts, read 141,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I know that saying this is heretical and I will quickly add that I am fully aware that restricting magazines to 10 rounds is totally arbitrary and thus meaningless... but when was the first time much less the last time that you needed more than 10 rounds for self-defense?

Let the burning at the stake begin.
The bad guys will have 30 round magazines if they want, legal or not. Gun laws do nothing but help the bad guys.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I have about 3000 20 round mags for my ptr 91's and 1200 pmags for my ar15's.

I also have plenty of of hi cap mags for my pistols as well. hope i dont need to buy anymore.
You could make yourself very rich, easily. (If you aren't already).

Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
MA resident and legal owner of normal capacity Glock and AK mags here.

They're just old.
Interesting. They made it hard as h*ll to possess/carry a large cap gun back in the day when I lived there (well, 20 years ago) I never could get a large cap permit... I didn't have 'justifiable reasons', whatever that means... Forget any of the good stuff... but then lawsuits by others flew left and right (Andover police chief got in trouble for saying "I am not going to approve any more handgun permits".
Then I bailed to NH (well that became technically my legal residence for a while), and the chief of police said "I don't care what you buy", and that allowed me to get a pile of machine guns, rocket launchers, silencers, modern gatling guns, etc (You should realize all I do is shoot holes in paper, and I am 8500 miles from them). Then I moved off-shore, and that sort of scared me, as someone could buy almost anything, short of a nuclear warhead Talk about feeling uncomfortable. They felt like pulling out an AK47 was like taking a fork out of the kitchen drawer. Time for another country. Thus, I am in a place unknown. But I digress, as I usually do.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
...I moved off-shore, and that sort of scared me, as someone could buy almost anything, short of a nuclear warhead Talk about feeling uncomfortable. They felt like pulling out an AK47 was like taking a fork out of the kitchen drawer.
It wouldn't scare me. It seems to be a recipe for a very courteous society.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
You could make yourself very rich, easily. (If you aren't already).

dont plan on selling them. I just have enough for now. if this bill does come up for an actual vote, I will probably double what I have in 1 days time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting