Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:39 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

It seems that just a few days after 9/11/00 the common pocket knife was considered to be a lethal weapon not to be allow in public buildings or other places where groups of people gather. The common pocket knife had been declared a weapon of mass destruction.

Fast forward to today and once again a common tool ( the common non-militarized gun) is declared a weapon of mass destruction due to the sale of assault rifles to gun fans with little to no common sense nor need for that type of weapon.

All this said gun fans, did you fight this hard to keep a common pocket knife in your pocket as you are to keep a assault weapon in your gun cabinet???

One is very useful the other is not so much...........

Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Why do you keep starting these threads? We all know you're anti-gun - you're not fooling anyone. Are you that bored? Do you really crave attention that much?

BTW, your comparison is apples and oranges. Pocket knives were never banned. They were restricted from being taken into certain places - just as guns currently are. Nobody ever said you couldn't have a pocket knife at home, and nobody wants to take their AR-15 into the passenger cabin of a commercial aircraft.

Quit trying to stir the pot. [Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Removed personal attack

Old 12-26-2012, 01:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It seems that just a few days after 9/11/00 the common pocket knife was considered to be a lethal weapon not to be allow in public buildings or other places where groups of people gather. The common pocket knife had been declared a weapon of mass destruction.

Fast forward to today and once again a common tool ( the common non-militarized gun) is declared a weapon of mass destruction due to the sale of assault rifles to gun fans with little to no common sense nor need for that type of weapon.

All this said gun fans, did you fight this hard to keep a common pocket knife in your pocket as you are to keep a assault weapon in your gun cabinet???

One is very useful the other is not so much...........
Gross generalizations! None are useful. Yours less than not so much.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:00 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
I carry a pocketknife.....and a gun. Neither is "registered". Then again, places that didn't allow pocketknives didn't allow guns, either.

I'm sorry....did you have a point?

Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why do you keep starting these threads? We all know you're anti-gun - you're not fooling anyone.
It's a sad day when I can't make the point that I'm NOT anti gun at all. I'm anti-assault weapon since their is no need for them in civilian society. NONE WHATSOEVER.......

The pocket knife reference is an example of just how quickly the public can reject different items of our lives once they are declared dangerous by the public due to hysteria of the day.

However, NONE here notice that I do champion old school guns since they are useful to a civilian population not bent on civil war or an insurrection.

One would expect kickback from the spoiled or the selfish but they fail to understand just how transparent their motives are for owning assault weapons to the general public. By their own words they stand condemned.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,736 times
Quote:
Do you carry a pocket knife?
I'll just answer the thread topic question and not get into any political discussion relating to anything other than "Do you carry a pocket knife?". The answer is YES. Yes I do carry a pocket knife.

My background is a martial artist, bodyguard and martial arts instructor. I have trained many many years and depending on the day, what I am doing, what I am wearing, where Im going, I'll carry one of the following tactical folding pocket combat knives:

Emerson Karambit
Emerson Super Karambit
Emerson CQC-15
Emerson Persian folder
Zero Tolerance Hinderer design 550
Spyderco Valloton
Al Mar SERE 2000
Benchmade Mini Griptilian
Benchmade Griptilian
Benchmade Osborne
Benchmade Osborne 550
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Police
Spyderco Para Military
Spyderco Military
Spyderco Manix
Spyderco Native 5

Or a few others, again, depending on the day, where Im going and what Im doing. Like the guy who owns Cold Steel Lynn Thompson, I follow the mindset of "Never Unarmed". What do YOU carry?

Old 12-26-2012, 03:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
It's a sad day when I can't make the point that I'm NOT anti gun at all. I'm anti-assault weapon since their is no need for them in civilian society. NONE WHATSOEVER.......

The pocket knife reference is an example of just how quickly the public can reject different items of our lives once they are declared dangerous by the public due to hysteria of the day.

However, NONE here notice that I do champion old school guns since they are useful to a civilian population not bent on civil war or an insurrection.

One would expect kickback from the spoiled or the selfish but they fail to understand just how transparent their motives are for owning assault weapons to the general public. By their own words they stand condemned.
So next Mr. Anti-anti-gun your going to be telling me that my bolt action 300 Weatherby Mag is a sniperifle.

I can easily hit targets a 500 yards consistently and regularly at 750-1000 in the kill zone for large animals.

with lots of practice and the right bullet configuration I could push it out to almost 1 mile.

By all accounts it fits your description of a hunting rifle. Why would a Civilian need a rifle that could shoot out to 1 mile and still kill something?

I carry a pocket knife and sometimes a Open Carry a folding kife. Cant believe I had to say that. WTF is this country coming to

Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
I carry a very nice Gerber brand knife. I also carry my Glock-19 9mm semi auto in a conceal holster.

I also know how to use both of them very very well.

What's your point OP?

Old 12-26-2012, 04:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I carry a very nice Gerber brand knife. I also carry my Glock-19 9mm semi auto in a conceal holster.

I also know how to use both of them very very well.

What's your point OP?
The point as always with this poster otherwise known as the poster "Tightwad" is to push his anti-"Assault" rifle agenda under the guise of a knife thread.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
It's a sad day when I can't make the point that I'm NOT anti gun at all.
I don't believe you.

Quote:
I'm anti-assault weapon since their is no need for them in civilian society. NONE WHATSOEVER.......
And you just demonstrated why I don't believe you.

.223 semi-automatic rifle with gas operated action: "hunting rifle"

.223 semi-automatic rifle with gas operated action: "assault weapon"

Would you care to explain why I should be able to own one of those but not the other?

How about this one:

It's also a semi-automatic "hunting rifle" with a gas system, and it's chambered for rounds as large as the 30-06, which is much larger and more powerful than the .223. Should I be able to own that?

THAT is why I don't believe you. You say you support one thing, and then you argue against your own position.[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-26-2012 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.