Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

This is the 2nd firearms company refusing to sell to any state or city inside of New York to any police or government agencies.
Looks like the dominos are starting to fall for liberals. there is also a link on the site to email SIG, Glock and S&W to ask them to stop selling firearms and ammo to the state of NY as well.

Quote:
Buxton, ME --(Ammoland.com)- Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York.
We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York.
As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.

York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
Haha...I particularly like this part:

"Hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge – if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state."

Read more at Ammoland.com: York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders

Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
I say if a citizen can not own it than it should not be sold to a police or government dept. in that state.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
Now if we can get Sig, Glock, Springfield, and S&W on board.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM

385 posts, read 615,471 times
More are piling on the bandwagon:
Some gun makers try to keep their guns out of police hands | Marketplace.org

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM

168 posts, read 335,789 times
I never thought the prices would get as crazy as they are which is one of the reasons why I dont own a AR-15.

However when I finally do purchase one it will be from one of these companies that is not selling to New York.

I just wish ammo manufacturers would get on board and not sell to certain states that are taking away from second amendment.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
This is the 2nd firearms company refusing to sell to any state or city inside of New York to any police or government agencies.
Looks like the dominos are starting to fall for liberals. there is also a link on the site to email SIG, Glock and S&W to ask them to stop selling firearms and ammo to the state of NY as well.

York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders
And it will make the entire state sooooo much safer.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM

385 posts, read 615,471 times
If you look at the potential customer base for private versus government sales, these companies are making a very rational business decision. On average there's one street cop per 1000 people in a given area, so that's one potential firearm sale every few years. OTOH in states that have shall-issue CHL's, about 2% of the population has a permit. A much higher percentage of folks hunt, target shoot, etc. and these people purchase many more guns privately for themselves than a law-enforcement agency purchases for the cops.

Suppose every firearm and ammunition manufacturer, dealer, etc. refused to recognize LE exemptions to gun control laws. LE agencies, police unions, etc. would push their legislators for less strict laws, which would over time expand the potential customer base for the manufacturer.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
The problem with this is that we are taking good quality firearms away from the beat cop and he/she is not the person we want unarmed. It has been my experience that most police officers, deputys and other law enforcement, believe in and support the 2nd. It's the mayor, governor, etc... that doesn't support it and by not selling to NY, it's no skin of their nose. They already ignore the wants of their Law Enforcement people and the citizens, so unless EVERY manufacturer cuts them off, it's not going to do much. But, it is a start.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Couldn't this backfire on the manufacturers? I can see their point in not selling to NY since they would have to retool and limit magazine capacities and probably not even be allowed to sell some of their products at all to NY. What is next in NY? will there be lawsuits against the manufacturer of a gun if it is used in a crime because it is a dangerous weapon? How about the bullets? After all cars can drive themselves into high speed crashes and it is the manufacturers fault that the driver didn't think to pull the floormat back that got caught up in the gas pedal or the brake. So why wouldn't someone sue a gun manufacturer?
The trouble is once again the law abiding citizen is bearing the brunt of this sanction. I doubt the people that put the recent ridiculous law into affect even care if all the gun makers stop selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting