Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 PM

75 posts, read 87,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I love that site, the only problem is some of the posters think that any furniture you add to your AR must somehow be top of the line, able to withstand Iraq, Afhiganistan, the next world war, and the zombie apocalypse. It's like - we don't all need a $1,000 ACOG. They seem to ridicule those that dare to go with a $150 bushel.

I don't get into the technical discussions over there. I do a lot of reading and search the forums because i know whatever question I have, has been asked a dozen times before me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:17 AM

30 posts, read 35,476 times
Default Above and beyond

Again...I have both. My favorite "rifle" is a Sig P516 pistol with an EoTech sight. Plus, it has top-notch Samson pop-up sights. However, Colt has gone the extra mile and has chrome-lined not just the barrels of their ARs, but also their chambers and even the bolt carrier bore.

If I had to give up one or the other...I'd be in decision paralysis.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:42 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyinAK View Post
I love my Colt 6920 and have two(sorta, one is for work) and out of the box its good to go.

If you plan to put all the fancy things likes triggers, rails, stocks BCG, etc...I would strongly suggest building one yourself. He nails it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glk1qMbj7S0

Also look at ar15.com There is a TON of info on that site to help make your mind up
Now THAT was a good video.

I'm not into ARs...just not my thing, clearly they work great for (thousands, millions) worldwide. Built out a bullpup just for giggles, thus, starting with a FN FS2000 Standard. They're fairly close right from the box, needing IMO a good rail (from FN) and some sort of optic to replace the junk that comes-with. That's about it, the rest is in the details.

But I digress...

Would probably agree that to build an AR...and I do have a legal, registered lower in my safe...I'd absolutely camp on that AR15 site awhile and build it up via carefully-considered parts. Used, if I could get them. Not all that different from when I built computers in the 1990s; end of the day, I had something that hummed (literally, in that case) along just the way I wanted, no more or less, and was about twice $$ of pre-built solutions but 2-3x the performance and quality. Spent a lot of time in the deep and dark Microsoft labs and server centers establishing just that.

Which is the whole point: what do YOU want from a computer (sorry, rifle!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting