Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,847,903 times

Advertisements

Hope this is the right place to post, if not, please move.

Several protests are being planned due to the 8 proposed draconian laws in California.

For a list of all the protests/discussions, see California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism - Calguns.net

For the June 3 protest, here's the scoop (more info can be found on facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1079...tive_tab=posts

LOGISTICS

1. PLAN TO RALLY AT FREMONT PARK.
2. WE LEAVE AT 10.00AM SHARP TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING AT 1315 10th ST, SACRAMENTO - A WALK OF ABOUT 3 BLOCKS VIA 16th ST
3. WEST ON CAPITOL AVENUE TOWARDS CAPITOL BUILDING.
4. ON REACHING CAPITOL STEPS, WE TRAVERSE THE GROUNDS TO THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING ON 10th ST.

SEE YOU THERE.

SUGGESTIONS for a PEACEFUL RALLY folks.

1. No cammo or tac gear.
2. No guns or holsters or even toy guns.
3. No signs that say crap like "come and take 'em" or "molon labe" or "from my cold dead hands"
4. Dress somewhat presentably. If you want to be taken seriously, at least try to look somewhat professional.
5. The only flag that matters is the flag of the United States of America. If you feel the need to fly flags, that is the one you should fly. the California state flag is also acceptable. Revolutionary flags such as 13 star 13 stripes and Gadsden flags at your discretion.
6. NO GUNS AT THIS TIME - EVEN IF CCW HOLDER, AS I AM, PLEASE LEAVE IT AT HOME, OR IN THE CAR. WE DON'T WANT ANYONE ARRESTED OR WORSE, SHOT!
NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR VIOLENCE.

We have all seen the 2A gatherings that make just about all gun owners cringe. Let's not make this another. We want to show that these draconian laws affect everyone ... ordinary citizens ... neighbors ... teachers ... businesspeople ... doctors ... mothers ... daughters ... etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 03:28 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,829,130 times
Good luck to you all. But, it's an uphill battle, IMO. That state is too far gone in this regard, among others.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:21 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Now we see why CA lost their rights. A gun protest with no guns. LOL. Buncha sheep.

Now if a hundred thousand Californians wanted to march on Sacramento with AR's and hundred round drums, and burn the house down I'd come and fight alongside you to restore civil rights, the Constitution and democracy to that failed state.

Good ghod, telling ccw holders to go unarmed. Jeeze people grow a pair and stand up to these tyrants.

Last edited by jamies; 05-28-2016 at 03:12 AM..

Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 AM

806 posts, read 877,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Now we see why CA lost their rights. A gun protest with no guns. LOL. Buncha sheep.

Now if a hundred thousand Californians wanted to march on Sacramento with AR's and hundred round drums, and burn the house down I'd come and fight alongside you to restore civil rights, the Constitution and democracy to that failed state.

Good ghod, telling ccw holders to go unarmed. Jeeze people grow a pair and stand up to these tyrants.

I'll take a chance on being banned . You're an idiot .

Old 05-30-2016, 12:38 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
I'm not an igit (I used the Louisiana spelling for you).

I'm fed up! Fed up with California subjects whining and acting like a bunch of PC sheep, afraid of upsetting anyone.

You know how California became part of the USA?

It was CONQUERED, with Fremont's Army, led by Mountain Men. Using guns.

The subjects of Jerry Brown need to stand up, get some backbone and take their state back.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:57 AM

California is a lost cause politically . Nobody is going to rise up and do anything . The OP asked for peaceful protest , not some screaming mob that the media would love to show the world .

Old 06-11-2016, 03:45 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
I heard from my friend that new round of banning is coming down in Kalifornia. Back in 94 I left after they passed the first semi auto ban packed up my collection moved to AZ. Never looked back the summer heat was worth it. Bought my first machine guns in 94 DA's office made me wait 6 months to be a resident before they would sign my form 4. glad I did prices were lot cheaper then LOL.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:28 PM

391 posts, read 290,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I'll take a chance on being banned . You're an idiot .
I think you read jamis wrong.... not literally "burn the house down"... he was talking figuratively.

I happen to agree with him that it is stupid to have such a thing and tell ccw holders to not bring their guns.

That is a failed march to begin with. So even the person hosting the event does not trust a legally carrying ccw?

FAILURE....

And no, you won't get banned... Jamis will come for you.

(And that was a joke... in case you don't get it.)

Old 06-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Yeah , I got your joke . And I still agree with the OP . Not the right venue for guns . The liberal media would love to find any excuse to portray the protestors in a negative light . This is California we're talking about .

Old 06-11-2016, 09:54 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times
The above has nothing whatsoever to do with "Hobbies and Recreation"

OMG, can we please get creepy gun weirdos their own forum and get guns out of Hobbies and Recreation?

Please please please, Administrators and Mods???

Call it: "For Creepy Gun Sucking NRA Brainwashed Nutzo Militia Member Crazy Wacko Weirdos Only"

And leave the rest of us normal people to enjoy our hobbies in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting