Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 09:56 PM

27 posts, read 46,912 times

Advertisements

Well, I wanna know how can a person be charged with pointing a firearm they don't even own? Some people near were I live claim I pointed a particular type of gun at them that they described to police.. I didn't point any gun at all, and don't even own this type of gun at all, and don't even know the people, etc (they tried to start trouble on my property and all I did was go out and tell they to leave, no gun in my hand). So how it is I get arrested, picture put in one of them busted magazine you find in a local gas station and have a trial date set.. Someone tell me how this all is even possible? Don't you have to have proof, like maybe the gun described as evidence? Btw I live in VA, in Lynchburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 PM

10,022 posts, read 8,655,225 times
Did the cops search your house for the gun described ?

Old 05-28-2016, 10:26 PM

44,642 posts, read 61,669,787 times
Did you pretend you had a gun, pointing a finger like you had one. Cops will get you for that too, as a threatening manner.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:09 PM

391 posts, read 290,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deestin1972 View Post
Well, I wanna know how can a person be charged with pointing a firearm they don't even own? Some people near were I live claim I pointed a particular type of gun at them that they described to police.. I didn't point any gun at all, and don't even own this type of gun at all, and don't even know the people, etc (they tried to start trouble on my property and all I did was go out and tell they to leave, no gun in my hand). So how it is I get arrested, picture put in one of them busted magazine you find in a local gas station and have a trial date set.. Someone tell me how this all is even possible? Don't you have to have proof, like maybe the gun described as evidence? Btw I live in VA, in Lynchburg.
1. Get off the internet (facebook, twitter, city-data, etc)... if you have made posts like this one, have them deleted.

2. Hire a lawyer ASAP.

A bunch of internet armchair lawyers are not going to help you... at all.

At any rate, your story sounds fishy to me...

Good luck.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:31 AM

27 posts, read 46,912 times
No, didn't point at them, and no search. I have a public defender, I am not a very well off person.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
1. Get off the internet (facebook, twitter, city-data, etc)... if you have made posts like this one, have them deleted.

2. Hire a lawyer ASAP.

A bunch of internet armchair lawyers are not going to help you... at all.

At any rate, your story sounds fishy to me...

Good luck.

I agree, delete any FB posts and get yourself a firearm friendly attorney. do not rely on people who do this in their spare time, go pay for a real attorney.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:53 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,388,503 times
Quote:

You want legal advise from a website? CALL A LAWYER

Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,453,137 times
Quote:
If you don't know you probably should lawyer up!

Old 05-30-2016, 05:06 PM

391 posts, read 290,723 times
He has a public defender.

I worked in legal long enough to know that it is hit and miss with public defenders. They either suck or are overworked or both.

If it is all he has, then it is all he has. I'd sell everything I own and get a real lawyer, if that were an option.

Considering this thread is still up, I don't guess the OP cares for real advice anyway. I honestly wish him well.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:00 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
It's usually a misdemeanor but the problem is the DA can change it to a felony charge at will so take this very seriously. Being a gun owner consider yourself guilty until proven innocent. It's also a money maker for the "machine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting