Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times

Advertisements

I went for a haircut and the stylist said I have incredibly thick hair I just said, "good genes".

She then said I can make it thicker and healthier and showed me this nioxin product. It was a three piece set. I just told her I'd consult my doctor and then come by. Frankly, I'm not gonna! Coz the moment I enter the stethescreep's office, it's 350$ off my checking account

Aaaaaand, I'm never gonna invest in any advertised hair product. Ever since a kid, I've been made to use shika and a weird smelling oil made by my folks. Shika is handmade from a certain plant that grows in India too. I've never used a shampoo in at least 15 years.

But I'm curious. She said this product allegedly goes to the root of the hair and cleans the follicles. I wonder if this is true or a scam. Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 01:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
It can or cannot work. I would not put that chemical on my head personally. I find coconut oil and good nutrition with biotin intake to be king as far as healthy hair growth. What is this shika stuff you speak of?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,991,884 times
You already have thick (presumably, healthy) hair...why pay for more of the same!?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
Default Is anyone using Nioxin?

I just started using Nioxin and typically I wash my hair every other day or every three days.
I love the invigorating sensation it gives my head but I wish weather was warmer as my head feels cold

My question is how frequent do I need to wash my hair for Nioxin to work effectively?
Thanks.

Any Nioxin users on this forum

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
My hair dresser's sister uses it and she can tell a difference, I'm using Redken Intraforce and it's made a HUGH difference in my hair.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
I used it DAILY with very good results...
Success might depend on causative factors of hair loss, so each might get different results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I just started using Nioxin and typically I wash my hair every other day or every three days.
I love the invigorating sensation it gives my head but I wish weather was warmer as my head feels cold

My question is how frequent do I need to wash my hair for Nioxin to work effectively?
Thanks.

Any Nioxin users on this forum

Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM

ok thanks, I use to shower every other day unless doing stuff outside. I done it everyday so far except one.

Wish weather warm up too, love the invigorating feeling from the conditioner and scalp therapy butt burr its cold

Im trying my best to limit cap wearing so my head can breathe.

I wonder if their is a comparison on product effectiveness between Nioxin and Redken Intraforce.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM

141 posts, read 426,303 times
I have been using it for a year or so and it does help with hair loss. I have thinning hair all over but it is most noticeable in the front. I definitely notice the difference when I run out of it. Are you using the shampoo and scalp therapy? I use both and try to let the scalp therapy stay in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing it out. Also if you aren't already I would suggest taking a Biotin supplement as well. The combination of both makes a difference in my hair. My thinning hair is hereditary so I may never regrow the hair but I can at least make an attempt to make what I have healthier. By the way, I use it everyday.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephkp View Post
I have been using it for a year or so and it does help with hair loss. I have thinning hair all over but it is most noticeable in the front. I definitely notice the difference when I run out of it. Are you using the shampoo and scalp therapy? I use both and try to let the scalp therapy stay in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing it out. Also if you aren't already I would suggest taking a Biotin supplement as well. The combination of both makes a difference in my hair. My thinning hair is hereditary so I may never regrow the hair but I can at least make an attempt to make what I have healthier. By the way, I use it everyday.
On the 17th I started using it. I bought the 3 part Noxin system #3 because I sometimes color my hair. I color it twice a year once before summer and Thanksgiving.

How long do you leave shampoo in? I shampoo the scalp and hair for about a minute. Should I let shampooo sit longer?
Rinse it out and put scalp therapy conditioner for at minimum of three minutes probably 5 as I wash and shave to do something while it sits.
After I towel dry I follow with scalp treatment spray apply it liberally and massage it in then style.

I know it takes time but how soon do you notice it working? Their site says 30 days or money back but two different stylist said it will take 3 months. Im ok with that just eager for results.

I can see my scalp and was hoping maybe seeing new hair growth.
Once the bottle empty Im going to give ILNC product Intaforce a try.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 AM

141 posts, read 426,303 times
I only leave the shampoo in for about a minute. It does take time to work. Give it a couple of months and you will start noticing a difference. I started getting little wisps of hair growing back right at my hairline. It is fine but it is growing but it is a slow process. I color my hair as well. I try to make sure that I get my split ends trimmed and that I take a multi vitamin everyday. It really helps. The healthier your hair is the more body it will have.

My hair is so thin up front that you can see my scalp. It is looking better though. Just keep using it and it will help. I buy mine at T.J. Maxx because it can get expensive. I find that it is a little cheaper there.

If you do decide to try something else and you find it works better, please let us know.

Steph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care