Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times

Advertisements

Two things, dietary suppliments, as I have absortion problems and henna. My hair was thin and not very full looking before and still is, but it got brittle. Biotin and a shampoo rich in vitamins has really strengthed it. I would really really like long hair, but my baby fine hair is never going to get there.

And as I color it, the least offensive dye was really make it weak and breakable. But when I found henna, and that is really easy (though somewhat messy and takes a while) I was really astonished at how much stronger and longer it grows. Still superfine, but having tried 'volumizing' stuff, and the damage they left, I will just have fine hair. But its dark red with some brown hints and just that it all shows makes it look like there is a lot more hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 01:44 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Brazilian Blow-out is the only thing that worked for me. Various products never did. But who can afford it on a regular basis?

Old 02-15-2017, 02:13 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Biotin, the strongest dosage I can find. I started using it over 20 years ago when illness and surgery made my hair fall out. It works, & made my nails strong & hard as well.

And I've never found anything that conditions & strengthens as well as Mane & Tail.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I quit coloring my hair and let it go natural, and it was the best thing I ever did...for the health of my hair as well as just overall look. My family and friends tell me all the time to promise them I'll leave it natural. I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
What is the one thing you’ve done that has brought results for your hair?-me-gray-hair-early-2017-2  

Old 02-19-2017, 09:42 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
Getting a haircut with razor-cut layers and just working with the natural wave in my hair. That haircut was sorely needed because I had blonde highlights and heat damage that made my hair tangle and feel like Brillo. I also take biotin and I use a leave-in product like It's a 10 Miracle 10 leave-in conditioner. It protect my hair from the heat and makes it feel nice and soft.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:38 AM

447 posts, read 1,620,072 times
Egg! I started my 28 day no shampoo experiment in February and kept a journal that I'm turning into an ebook. The best thing I've ever used was whisking an egg, spreading and massaging it throughput my dry hair. Then leave on for five minutes and rinse out with very lukewarm or cool water. Don't use hot water or you'll get scrambled egg in your hair! It made my hair feel squeaky clean and soft. I now use egg once a week. Love the result!

Old 04-09-2017, 05:56 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
Egg! I started my 28 day no shampoo experiment in February and kept a journal that I'm turning into an ebook. The best thing I've ever used was whisking an egg, spreading and massaging it throughput my dry hair. Then leave on for five minutes and rinse out with very lukewarm or cool water. Don't use hot water or you'll get scrambled egg in your hair! It made my hair feel squeaky clean and soft. I now use egg once a week. Love the result!
I've never heard that before!

Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Limit heat styling, and avoid styling products. Basically, wearing my hair naturally.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 AM

18 posts, read 24,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Limit heat styling, and avoid styling products. Basically, wearing my hair naturally.
For me also stop using elastic bands - I could see how my hair breaks on the point where it was squeezed into high ponytail.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I quit coloring my hair and let it go natural, and it was the best thing I ever did...for the health of my hair as well as just overall look. My family and friends tell me all the time to promise them I'll leave it natural. I love it!
I've got your color hair as well - but yours looks so much better than mine. I think it is the cut for one thing, and also mine is wavy so never does what I want it to. I like the way you have the sides cut really short and think I'll tell my hairdresser to try that. Mine would never do like yours on top, tho - I think it would just start curling up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care