Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 07:51 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times

Advertisements

I go to a hair salon that gives me a great/unbeatable price for color, wash, cut and blow-dry and the hairstylists always do a nice job of cutting my hair. But many times there are issues with not washing the hair color properly out of my hair. I did mention at the some point and the situation improved. Twice I had hair color stains of my shirts and once I brought back a shirt and they got me a new shirt instead. So this week, I went there and they had me change out of my shirt to a smock so that there wouldn't be a color issue. (I guess someone had complained as I haven't been there for a quite a while). Since the hair salon was busy the owner (who is also the senior hairstylist) washed the color of my hair (rather than the person who normally does as she occupied with manicure/pedicure customers). So I go home and go to sleep at night and I find a few hair color stains on my pillowcase the next morning. Of course I also feel there is hair color on my scalp (by using my fingernails). So I am wondering if this how has ever happened to you and what would do in this situation in light of the fact that I can't get such a good deal/pricewise anywhere else in my area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 10:54 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Wow, after all that I would probably take my business elsewhere..and reconsider the low cost because sounds like you're paying for it in ruined clothing, pillow cases and general dissatisfaction.. Otherwise, just take a shower and rinse well when you get home.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I would also take my business elsewhere. In the salon that I go to, everyone must wear a smock and towels are put around the neck before securing the smock. Smocks and towels are then changed out after washing the hair. However, I always worry about staining so I usually wear an old sweatshirt when I get my hair done. I have to say that I have never had a problem with staining anywhere. If I had your problems, I would have been long gone since there are many great salons out there. If you change salons, this is a conversation that you should have before making an appointment.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
I took a hairdresser course and I learned that you're better off not "washing" your hair the same day after a colour. (so it can set well into your hair shafts)

On the evening of the day you get your hair coloured, just before you retire for the night, rinse your hair WELL with warm (not hot) water for a good length of time, then towel dry gently and/or blow dry it with a medium (NOT hot) setting. If you are worried about your pillow case being stained, put on an old one until the next evening after you've washed your hair out with shampoo.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I took a hairdresser course and I learned that you're better off not "washing" your hair the same day after a colour. (so it can set well into your hair shafts)

On the evening of the day you get your hair coloured, just before you retire for the night, rinse your hair WELL with warm (not hot) water for a good length of time, then towel dry gently and/or blow dry it with a medium (NOT hot) setting. If you are worried about your pillow case being stained, put on an old one until the next evening after you've washed your hair out with shampoo.
That is good to know, thanks!

Old 04-15-2014, 03:14 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That is good to know, thanks!
I'm sure others will disagree, but that's what I learned, plus it makes sense to me.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I try to wait at least several days after having my hair colored before washing it. Fortunately, as I get older, my hair doesn't get oily like it did when I was younger, but even then, I waited at least two days before washing my hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care