Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I am sure this has been talked about before, but.......STUPID LONG HAIR FEE!!!!!!

I got about 6 inches of my hair cut off back in April. Fine, whatever. Long hair fee. So I went and got it trimmed yesterday and it fell just below my shoulders.

When I sat in her chair she told me my cut would be 45 bucks. I said to her that their pamphlet said 35. She says oh there is the ten dollar long hair fee. I asked why it wasn't in the pamphlet. She didn't have an answer.

I think a short hair cut takes more work than what they did with me yesterday. I think the next time I sit in a stylists chair and they tell me about their long hair fee I am just gonna tell them no thanks and walk outthe door.

It's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
I've gotten that song and dance also. When I asked for the definition of "long hair," they said anything below the chin. Give me a break!

Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,298,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

I think a short hair cut takes more work than what they did with me yesterday. I think the next time I sit in a stylists chair and they tell me about their long hair fee I am just gonna tell them no thanks and walk outthe door.

It's ridiculous.
Agreed. Long hair is so much easier to take care of than short hair.

And to cut it, just snip, snip in a straight line, or round out the edges, or give it layers, whatever. Still easier than being close to someone's scalp and snipping with precision.

Maybe the mindset is "more hair costs more."

Old 08-15-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I've gotten that song and dance also. When I asked for the definition of "long hair," they said anything below the chin. Give me a break!
That is nuts! They told me below the shoulder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Agreed. Long hair is so much easier to take care of than short hair.

And to cut it, just snip, snip in a straight line, or round out the edges, or give it layers, whatever. Still easier than being close to someone's scalp and snipping with precision.

Maybe the mindset is "more hair costs more."

I know!!!

Old 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
The 'long hair fee' sounds like just an excuse to charge the patron more money. It takes more effort to accurately cut short hair in order to avoid the chopped scissor look.

Am wondering: Is the additional fee just for haircuts, or does that mean anything else such as coloring, or ??

Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM

541 posts, read 1,144,742 times
Haha! I thought this thread was going to be about a plumber that charged a "long hair" fee cause it clogs the drain.

Sorry you got charged more for a haircut.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The 'long hair fee' sounds like just an excuse to charge the patron more money. It takes more effort to accurately cut short hair in order to avoid the chopped scissor look.

Am wondering: Is the additional fee just for haircuts, or does that mean anything else such as coloring, or ??
There is a larger fee for things like coloring and perms, which I can understand to a point, because they have to use more chemical. But I totally agree with you about the short haircut being more involved.

I really think the next time I will just leave if they mention an extra fee.

They listed shampoo, cut, and blowdry for 35. They get you in the seat and tell you it will be 45. Ridiculous.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:45 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

They listed shampoo, cut, and blowdry for 35. They get you in the seat and tell you it will be 45. Ridiculous.
I've never been charged a "long hair" fee. That being said, though, I pay $35 for the blow dry alone...so the more expensive places might not see a need to nickle and dime customers with added fees. It's all built in.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I've never been charged a "long hair" fee. That being said, though, I pay $35 for the blow dry alone...so the more expensive places might not see a need to nickle and dime customers with added fees. It's all built in.
The "more expensive place" I normally go to does the same thing. Maybe it's this area, I have no idea.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:18 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Don't patronize hairdressers that charge a long hair fee. That's ridiculous. If they're going to charge for extra work, they should differentiate between thin hair and thick hair, no matter the length. Someone with twice the amount of hair on their head as some other clients should pay more. Clients with thin hair take half the time to cut or style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care